Default Single Digit dance and might have to cancel, because of possible hip fracture

Single Digit Dance and might have to cancel, because of a possible hip fracture. We are waiting on the results of MRI of Hip, Arthrogram and MRI of Hip, and MRI of Back and I am walking around on crutches to keep the weight of my right hip until I get the results Monday or Tuesday May 13th. We are suppose to leave MAY 17TH TO BE A CSA. Now I am trying to find out what all I can do if I have to cancel. I bought trip insurance for CSA on thIer website : TRIP MATE is the name of the insurance carrier. I also bought trip insurance through American Airlines: it is through ALLIANZ. I hope the doctor tells me I just pulled something and I an OK to go . I can deal with the pain to be a CSA. Has anyone had to cancel and have any suggestions on what steps I need to take if I have to.
    SAD

That is sad, I'm sorry. I hope it all works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by lrhalley View Post
    Single Digit Dance and might have to cancel, because of a possible hip fracture. We are waiting on the results of MRI of Hip, Arthrogram and MRI of Hip, and MRI of Back and I am walking around on crutches to keep the weight of my right hip until I get the results Monday or Tuesday May 13th. We are suppose to leave MAY 17TH TO BE A CSA. Now I am trying to find out what all I can do if I have to cancel. I bought trip insurance for CSA on thIer website : TRIP MATE is the name of the insurance carrier. I also bought trip insurance through American Airlines: it is through ALLIANZ. I hope the doctor tells me I just pulled something and I an OK to go . I can deal with the pain to be a CSA. Has anyone had to cancel and have any suggestions on what steps I need to take if I have to.
    SAD
    So hope you haven't fractured anything and are able to go! Even if you don't have a fracture yr Dr may advise you not to travel depending on what the MRI shows (sorry to say that!) I don't want to be all gloom and gloom but even if you only have a soft tissue injury your insurance company may not pay out if something else happens while you are away.

I had a similar experience, hurt my knee on one holiday which meant I wasn't fit to go on the next holiday! My Dr did a letter to say that he had advised me not to travel on medical grounds. I contacted my insurance company (who covered both flight and hotel as it was booked as a package) for advice, you should do the same. They advised cancelling the holiday and sent me a claim form. Got to say it was very easy and they paid out quickly!

Hope none of this is relevant to you and you get to enjoy a wonderful holiday!!

Just got text from Orthopedic Doctor that I have a Torn Gluteus Medius (muscle in ur butt). He says I can go on my trip. I will have to have them have a wheel chair at the airport so I won't cause myself anymore injury trying to run along ways at the airport in DFW. Thanks softail19

It will all be OK! We just went through it. Had to cancel two weeks out....my appendix was perforated and leaking poison. Lucky for me we hadn't left yet and I went to Emergency and was operated on the next day. Spent 5 days in hospital, not fun. The doctor said that of the 1000 or so appendectomies he had done, mine was in his top 3 of really bad ones!! He ended up having to cut me open and also had to do a bowel resection as the poison had infected that too.

We had insurance through Couples and got back half of one week (we do a split stay) and the rest is being handled through TripMate. We received a card saying they had all our info (had to send them copies of EVERYTHING including discharge papers, all Couples correspondence, and doctor's note saying NO TRAVEL) and when I called TripMate the girl looked at the claim and said it looked good, that there were no questions needing answers and so we're just waiting to hear more from them, or get a cheque in the mail. Couples gave me the TripMate number to call when I called Couples to cancel and it was easy to do...they're all very helpful. We called TripMate with any questions we had after the initial call and it was handled very satisfactorily.

Hope it all works out, for both of us, and you're feeling better soon!

Gotta be careful when doing that single digit dance :P

Good news is that wheelchair allows you to skip the big line at Customs!

Quote Originally Posted by lrhalley View Post
    Just got text from Orthopedic Doctor that I have a Torn Gluteus Medius (muscle in ur butt). He says I can go on my trip. I will have to have them have a wheel chair at the airport so I won't cause myself anymore injury trying to run along ways at the airport in DFW. Thanks softail19
    Yay!! Just no pole dancing on the cat cruise!! Ha! Take it easy and enjoy some sand gravity, gladd you can go!!

Wow man that sucks. Know what you mean. I cracked a rib 8 days ago. In serious pain for a week thought I was going to have to cancel myself. Pain has subsided some, so there is no way I am cancelling. We leave in 2 days. I can drink enough to get rid of the pain. Coming home. Hope to see you there and we can laugh about it. We will be there the 12th-20th.

IRhally, the wheel chair thing isn't bad. My husband has CODP and the last two trips we had them pick us up with one. AT MBJ they met him with the wheel chair, and we were taken through a special line, and never had to wait to get through customs or immigration (no need for club MOBAY). The person who picked him up with the wheel chair was great and also went to get our luggage. We also went through DFW on our last trip coming back, and they were OK. Glad you get to go. We had to cancel our 2013 trip (months ahead of time) after getting back from our 2012 since his dr. said he could not travel anymore because he got really sick after the 2012 trip. Enjoy your vacation.
    Linda