Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not happy.....

Default Not happy.....

Last May we had the pleasure of seeing AJ Brown at the CSS Starlight Gala. We were told that Mr. Brown played CSS every other week by Mr. Lynch at last May's repeater dinner. We did two Beach Parties (Tuesdays) in December and were anticipating seeing Mr. Brown perform tonight as the ladies of Ebony performed the Gala last week. We purposely planned 2 Friday night's so we wouldn't miss AJ.

Tonight's entertainment was announced this afternoon at SSB, I was half asleep on my lounger when I bolted straight up. Tonight's entertainment wasn't going to be AJ Brown!! I was very disappointed, but later very angry. AJ performed at CSS this past Wednesday night!!!!! Now I was very angry wanting to know why no announcements were made. I was told that there was "something" posted somewhere..... Really?!

Lesson learned... Check out the nightly entertainment when you check in to avoid any bitter disappointment.

One of my observations from this trip has been a lack of communication of what's going on around the resort. Tuesday we made plans to take the afternoon shuttle into Ocho Rios shopping only to find out there was going to be tie dyeing tshirts done on SSB. I've been asking ever since for another session. I was told there would be one tomorrow afternoon on SSB. By the way I also learned that there is a $12 charge for the tshirt. Really?

Don't get me wrong. We love CSS and have two more vacations planned at the resort.

One more small observation. We won a Couple's manicure from Rolly's Salon at the Repeater's Dinner. The problem? My significant other didn't want one. We are at the Repeater level where we get a Couple's massage as a part of our Romance Reward. There is no transferring the reward such as getting a 1-hour for me or credit towards another service in the salon. The massage stays with him and if he doesn't want it it's forfeited. Okay I guess I understand that but for a gift prize I feel it should have included a dollar value in the event he didn't want the manicure, and he didn't. Again, another service was forfeited.

Deep breath, relax, most of us would kill to be at CSS right now instead of sitting in a cramped office on a conference call.

Having said that, I have been to other resorts/hotels that slid a list of activities for the day under your door in the early morning. Couples might want to consider doing this. Alternatively, we've found that we have to be very proactive checking with the concierge if there is an event that we want to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post
    Deep breath, relax, most of us would kill to be at CSS right now instead of sitting in a cramped office on a conference call.

Having said that, I have been to other resorts/hotels that slid a list of activities for the day under your door in the early morning. Couples might want to consider doing this. Alternatively, we've found that we have to be very proactive checking with the concierge if there is an event that we want to attend.
    Very well stated and great advice!

AJ Brown is now the lead singer for Third World! Would be nice if they were to perform at all of the Couples Resorts soon!

Quite honestly, all I can say about this post is "wow"!!
    Last edited by Artie; May 17th, 2014 at 10:00 AM.

So sad to see a Guest upset... however, you do realize that a gift is just that... a gift... that really should be accepted graciously... whether needed or not...
    Also, here is the Couples Resorts Frequently Asked Questions webpage:

http://couples.com/info/faq.php

At the bottom of the page, it says...

Disclaimer:
    Any references to time of day, day of week, availability of activity or cost of a particular item may be subject to change without notice. All facilities and amenities are subject to change without notice

Some people will complain about anything and everything.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Not happy.........

Im sure you don't mean to come across as you do. But you do.

Every trip has its less than perfections and in the scope of things im sure this is all not so big a deal. But your posting it.

Really, you depended on information you received last year to still apply without thinking that schedules might change? If it was that important perhaps you should have verified upon arrival. And sorry, a prize is a prize. Sometimes you win something you like and sometimes not.

Just try to be grateful that you are in Jamaica, honestly.

Blog Entries

Hi MsHoo,

Thank you for posting your comment on the Message Board as we are appreciative of any and all feedback. Please see below Management Response from the resort.

Please note that our entertainment schedule varies on a monthly basis so while we may make an effort to book a particular entertainer on the same night each month, occasionally their schedule simply won't accommodate us. AJ Brown is one of our artists who has a touring schedule outside of Jamaica and we do need to schedule him for alternate evenings from time to time. The evening's entertainer is posted on the activity billboard at the entrance to Sunset Beach every morning. We also have a billboard at the Main Pool.

The tye-dye activity is brand new and is not included in the activity schedule in our guest directory in each room but we do have it listed on the activity billboard at the entrance to Sunset Beach.

Once again, we are appreciative of your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Other than that how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

I applaud Couples for letting a guest vent and posting it.

As some of you are bashing the OP about complaining, you to are coming across rude, JS! This board seems to be used for information and venting (which the OP is doing), I say let it be.

I can TOTALLY understand both sides of the posts in this thread. Yes, when you're in Jamaica, life is better than the normal craziness and it would be great to really embrace island time and truly have no worries. However, when you've been planning for perhaps over a year, saving pennies to make a trip to paradise possible, agonizing over flights and which days to stay since you can't afford to stay for as long as you would like, one does have to rely on information that will become dated before the trip will ever happen, and when the experience isn't what you'd been dreaming of, it is disappointing. And frustrating. You tell yourself it's not a big deal, but you had a bucket list for the trip and it's just not going to happen. I get it. My husband does not do massages either. But then again, we didn't partake in Dunn's River the last trip. Venting can help but on a message board you just might not find the sympathetic ear you're searching for.

I still keep whining about no catamaran at CSS (and am WELL aware of why it "can't be done) and plan to continue doing so, at my own peril. I always overplan our vacations and usually something doesn't go according to plan.
    My issue, and I think what MsHoo may have been getting at is that some information is distributed with short notice, making it difficult to plan out your other activities and that Couples is advertising their value of inclusions, so it stinks when you don't get your money worth. So the other advice presented holds true - make your own valued memories and remember you are lucky to be in such a wonderful place, staffed by people who do care about your experience.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CSS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CN 2012
    CTI 2013

Chase the dream, throw away expectations, enjoy your vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki23 View Post
    I can TOTALLY understand both sides of the posts in this thread. Yes, when you're in Jamaica, life is better than the normal craziness and it would be great to really embrace island time and truly have no worries. However, when you've been planning for perhaps over a year, saving pennies to make a trip to paradise possible, agonizing over flights and which days to stay since you can't afford to stay for as long as you would like, one does have to rely on information that will become dated before the trip will ever happen, and when the experience isn't what you'd been dreaming of, it is disappointing. And frustrating. You tell yourself it's not a big deal, but you had a bucket list for the trip and it's just not going to happen... Venting can help but on a message board you just might not find the sympathetic ear you're searching for....So the other advice presented holds true - make your own valued memories and remember you are lucky to be in such a wonderful place, staffed by people who do care about your experience.

Totally agree!!!

We're over-researchers too... reading everything we can about a resort for a year or more, before we book, convinced that when we go we'll be quite well-prepared to handle any "hiccups" along the way, if they arise. LOL, although admittedly, we do surprise ourselves sometimes with our reactions to those situations! However, we do stand by the motto, "Your vacation is what you make of it!"

The best advice someone once said, "No matter where you go, take the time to enjoy every minute for what it is, and not what it isn't!"

Kudos to the OP with her classy response, above

Am hoping you just needed to vent a little while the majority of your trip was pleasurable. From your comment "Don't get me wrong. We love CSS and have two more vacations planned at the resort." seems like you really like the resort, but maybe you just had things set in your mind and it didn't quite work out as planned.
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI in the future but too many days to count...who's kidding, 2015 here we come!

Thank you Kiki.....

have some cheese to go with that whine?

I agree with Kiki, some of you are coming down a little hard on MsHoo. That being said, I agree that a gift or a reward is a little extra benefit, and if you cannot use it that's really too bad but it shouldn't spoil your vacation. After all, it's not like you paid your own hard-earned money for it.

I will say, though, that I experienced a disappointment the last time I was at CN (about 2 years ago). My significant other and I reviewed the activity schedule in depth, and decided which activities we really wanted to do. One of them was the nature walk. The morning it was scheduled we rushed through breakfast so we could be on time and not miss a minute. We showed up five minutes early. At 9:30 (when it was due to begin) we were joined by another guest. The three of us stood around for another 10 minutes and nobody showed up. I finally went up to the front desk and asked what was going on in regards to the nature walk, and told them that there were three of us who had been standing around waiting for about 15 minutes.

The front desk staff seemed very surprised and a little irritated at us, and said they would get someone. We waited another ten or fifteen minutes, and finally a staff member showed up to do the nature walk. He said that he didn't normally lead the nature walk but that he would do the best he could. He was very sweet but he was very, very soft-spoken (barely spoke above a whisper) and it was difficult to hear or understand what he was saying.

So, obviously, I wasn't happy that that we rushed through breakfast just to show up to an event that clearly wasn't going to happen (even though it was on the list of activities) if we hadn't asked the front desk staff about it. Then, when we did, the response we got was not one of apologies but an irritated "I'll see if I can find someone".

I scrimp and save to come to Jamaica, and can usually only get there once every two years. I understand "island time" but if you post that an event or activity is going to start at 9:30 am, please try to start it at or around that time, and have staff dedicated to leading or organizing that event. In this case, I rushed through breakfast but then spent 30 minutes just sitting around in the lobby doing nothing, waiting for a staff person to show up. Every minute of my time in Jamaica is precious to me. Please, Couples, don't make me sit around waiting because you are too disorganized to realize that if you have a posted activity, you need to have a staff person dedicated to leading or hosting that activity. If you find that you do not, then please take that activity off your daily list of activities so your guests can make other plans and won't spend their precious vacation time standing around and waiting.
    Last edited by CA_girl_in_TX; September 2nd, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

A "disappointment two years ago".

Ok.

Last year i got the grill at 2pm. They ran out of beef patties? How does this happen? So Im looking at the Meat patty thing and they are sitting right there. The girl behind the grill was like, "Mon, they are meat but they are chicken"!!!! Wow! So Im like WTF right? What is the rip off now? Since when do they do "chicken"!! Whats next, "Tofu patties"!!!!! Im like baked out of my mind so I just bring a couple to the chair and My wife eats one, and comments they a bit spicy but good. Being lit, I forget to tell her so the next day I go get another and they have BOTH!!! OMG, what to do now????? So i bring her a beef and she says "ones yesterday were better"!!!.
    So now She is disappointed!!!!!! On the plane I confessed that I spent some time with "Bob the Baker" and had not been honest about the meat patties! Now we are in counseling with trust issues. She is now disappointed in "if I can't be honest about the meat in the patty, what else does that say about our marriage?

We are thinking about going back to CSA but Im worried about the "Patty trust". Does anyone know if they have a bonafide meat patty policy in the other resorts?

are you for real?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bargamon View Post
    a "disappointment two years ago".

Ok.

Last year i got the grill at 2pm. They ran out of beef patties? How does this happen? So im looking at the meat patty thing and they are sitting right there. The girl behind the grill was like, "mon, they are meat but they are chicken"!!!! Wow! So im like wtf right? What is the rip off now? Since when do they do "chicken"!! Whats next, "tofu patties"!!!!! Im like baked out of my mind so i just bring a couple to the chair and my wife eats one, and comments they a bit spicy but good. Being lit, i forget to tell her so the next day i go get another and they have both!!! Omg, what to do now????? So i bring her a beef and she says "ones yesterday were better"!!!.
    So now she is disappointed!!!!!! On the plane i confessed that i spent some time with "bob the baker" and had not been honest about the meat patties! Now we are in counseling with trust issues. She is now disappointed in "if i can't be honest about the meat in the patty, what else does that say about our marriage?

We are thinking about going back to csa but im worried about the "patty trust". Does anyone know if they have a bonafide meat patty policy in the other resorts?
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Bargamon View Post
    A "disappointment two years ago".

Ok.

Last year i got the grill at 2pm. They ran out of beef patties? How does this happen? So Im looking at the Meat patty thing and they are sitting right there. The girl behind the grill was like, "Mon, they are meat but they are chicken"!!!! Wow! So Im like WTF right? What is the rip off now? Since when do they do "chicken"!! Whats next, "Tofu patties"!!!!! Im like baked out of my mind so I just bring a couple to the chair and My wife eats one, and comments they a bit spicy but good. Being lit, I forget to tell her so the next day I go get another and they have BOTH!!! OMG, what to do now????? So i bring her a beef and she says "ones yesterday were better"!!!.
    So now She is disappointed!!!!!! On the plane I confessed that I spent some time with "Bob the Baker" and had not been honest about the meat patties! Now we are in counseling with trust issues. She is now disappointed in "if I can't be honest about the meat in the patty, what else does that say about our marriage?

We are thinking about going back to CSA but Im worried about the "Patty trust". Does anyone know if they have a bonafide meat patty policy in the other resorts?
    Pure genius comedy!!! Thanks for the laugh of the day!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast