Default First Timer Packing Suggestions to CSA

We are scheduled to arrive in 13 days (5/26 - 30) and are looking for some advice as to what to pack this time of year? We have never been to Jamaica and are super excited.

Any other suggestions are always appreciated!! Thanks everyone

Don't pack much for daywear, pack plenty of swim suits. Both of you. You will put on a swimsuit before breakfast and won't get out of it till dinner. Really. Suits take a LONG time to dry and a wet suit in the morning is not pleasant. Pack some nice shorts and casual shirts (three or four?) for dinner most nights. Some sandals or casual shoes, you won't need sox. Pack one pair of long pants and at least one collared shirt (polos are acceptable) and some nice sandals or closed toe shoes for dinner at Feathers if that is something you want to do, not everyone does. I pack a few tee shirts to wear during the day for breakfast and lunch, restaurants will require a shirt, or coverup for ladies, you can wear flip flops and swimsuit during the day at restaurants. Not much else. Pack light, you don't need a lot of stuff. Pack sunblock, you will need it and use it. Personal items, camera or two, maybe some music or something to read for the flight and the beach. Watch this thread for lots more advice, do a search for "packing lists" on the message board.
    Have a great trip! You are gonna love CSA, promise!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by chericson View Post
    We are scheduled to arrive in 13 days (5/26 - 30) and are looking for some advice as to what to pack this time of year? We have never been to Jamaica and are super excited.

Any other suggestions are always appreciated!! Thanks everyone
    Chericson,

First, I hope you have a wonderful trip! Here's what I learned to pack LESS of after my first trip...shorts and t-shirts. I imagined I would need daily casual outfits, but really never needed them at all. Work-out clothes and tennis clothes, swim suits/cover-up/flip-flops, and evening clothes covered pretty much all the clothing I need. Unless you plan on an excursion, you really don't need transitional clothing. If you do plan to exercise, though, bring sufficient work-out clothing because, even if you handwash it to re-wear later in the trip, just know that nothing ever fully dries in the tropics :-).

There is a thread that has this covered, and then some...hope you have some time to spare as it is pretty long. The link to the thread is below, if that doesn't work search for "I wish I would have thought of that". Enjoy

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...highlight=pack
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI in the future but too many days to count...who's kidding, 2015 here we come!

Hello! -- we just got back from CSA 4 days ago (sighhh!) And take it from me, pack light! You will only need (in my opinion) - one pair of comfy flip flops and a pair of dressier sandals if planning on going to Feathers. CASUAL cover ups, tank tops, 2 swimming suits. Whatever you need to feel comfy & cool is what you should pack. Make sure you have sunscreen and first aid supplies if needed (we did not). There are so many good suggestions on what to bring, but I will pack lighter next time. For me, having something to cover up when I was getting too much sun was essential. Something cool and light but that covers my shoulders. Above all, relax and have fun, mon! You'll LOVE IT! (it was our first time too and we will DEFINITELY be back!) One Love!
    Last edited by Miss_Bliss; May 14th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

We will be there that week too. Look for the LSU hat and koozie.

The weather is very hot and humid. You'll get dressed for dinner and lunch but be in bathing suits the rest of the time. Don't bring too much.

Here's a whole thread on ideas!

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...at-quot-thread

Thread on what to leave at home....

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...highlight=pack

Thanks to All!

SublimeBrad. Sounds good! I will be sure to wear my Husker Red