Thread: HELP! I'm torn!

Default HELP! I'm torn!

Ok I thought we had made up our minds about CTI but now that we are (hopefully) fixing to book I just don't know. We went to Negril this year and completely fell in love with Jamaica and the more time I spend on this board I know that we will fall in love with Couples too. We really want to see the other side of the island and see what they have to offer. Dunn's River Falls, Bamboo Rafting and Nine Mile are all on our list but something about CSA just keeps pulling me back to Negril. We LOVE the beach in Negril! We were on Bloody Bay this year at the resort next to CN and my husband still talks about the beach and every now and then walks over to the bottle of sand and just sighs... We didn't get a chance to do many excursions this year since it was a short trip. We did the zipline and the Cat cruise to Ricks. I just don't know what to do! I made a list of our pros (I couldn't find any con's)of each. Please give me your opinions!

CTI-
    Newly remodeled
    Private Beach
    Dunn's River
    Close enough to do Bamboo Rafting and Nine Mile

CSA-
    Love the rooms!
    Large porch with hammock (hubby loves this!)
    Amazing Beach (soft sand and calm water)
    Close enough for YS and Black River

In all honesty, out of them all, CTI and CSA are our top favorites too. But you won't know what you are, or are not, missing at CTI unless you go.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Hi photochick,
    I haven't been to CTI, but I adore CSA and you can't go wrong with that resort...but you probably can't go wrong with any of the 4 couples resorts :-)
    CSA has the most amazing beach, swimming, snorkeling, diving, food, rooms, staff...well you get the idea.
    There's nowhere else my DH and I would rather be!
    12 more days!!
    Cheers,
    Terri

photochick...We feel your frustration..We also have been in your shoes.
    For years we was a "only" CN die hard fans..We never thought we would ever try another resort except CN..We were talked into trying CSS in 2008 and loved it..We then tried CTI in 2009..We also fell in love with CTI..I really know how you are feeling right now but I can assure you that CTI will please you...No,CTI's beach is NOT equal to CSA's or CN's beach but we enjoyed the beaches at both...All four of the Couples Resorts are different but the differences are wonderful.

I say stay your course and try CTI.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 14th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.

Definitely CSA!

We couldn't decide so we are doing a split - half of our time at CSS and half of our time at CSA! That's always an option

Photochick,

I am a firm believer in go with your gut and the resort that calls to you, and in your case it sounds like it is CSA! The one you just can't get out of your head is the one to go with. If you are not into A/N CSA is wonderful, if you are realize CSA is the only Couples resort that does not offer it.

I have been to CN twice, and toured CSA. In 08 we decided to do CSS and are returing to CSS in 2010. So we have stayed on both sides of the island. Have done Rick's, YS, Pelican Bar, Black River, Mayfield Falls, and from Ochi we did Port Antonio, Somerset Falls, Boston Bay, Blue Lagoon.

If you end up in Negril, add the Pelican Bar to YS Falls!

As far as resorts, trust your gut, and next time try the other one!!! You will be hooked on Couples... just wait!

My advice? If CSA is calling you..... GO. You can't argue with that. CSA called to us on our first trip to Couples and it was the most amazing experience EVER. We have since visited CSS and are visiting CTI in 3 weeks, but CSA is still our "home."

Thanks everyone! I wish we could do a split but we can only go for a week and after reading the MB it sounds like it wouldn't be good to split up just a week. I guess we will just have to flip a coin and just try the other one next time! It's just so hard to pick!
    Mzambo- I would love to see Port Antonio! I have had a thing for Jamaica since watching Cocktail when I was younger and I've heard that Port Antonio is where the majority of it was filmed! You can also tour Reach Falls which is a bit further South. How long was the drive from CTI?

CSA all the way!!!

Having done Dunn's River Falls in the past and going to CSA this November my advice would be not to pick your resort based on a desire to do the falls but rather on the actual resort that seems to call to you. If the resort that is calling you accommodates a trip to the falls then go, if not then don't fret it as you really aren't missing THAT much. The falls were fun but I certainly wouldn't plan a trip around them, or any other excursion for that matter. CSA really called to us and we are leaving in 34 days and once we settled we've never looked back. You can always choose another destination another time and do the falls and those other excursions.

You can hit the YS falls, Black River (crocs) and appleton rum estates when at CSA. I decided to stay on the Negril side for the beach and found that excusion interesting. Now I have to try to decide between CSA and CN, we are going in April 2010, I am torn also

It's not just the excursions that interest me at CTI I like the resort also. I think we are going to go ahead with CTI and check it out. It's a little cheaper than CSA right now and if we don't like it (HAHA Like thats possible.) we will know that Negril is where we belong. Either one we choose the other will be there for the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by photochick View Post
    Either one we choose the other will be there for the next time.
    Love this quote!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

You will LOVE CTI!! I promise
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by photochick View Post
    Thanks everyone! I wish we could do a split but we can only go for a week and after reading the MB it sounds like it wouldn't be good to split up just a week. I guess we will just have to flip a coin and just try the other one next time! It's just so hard to pick!
    Mzambo- I would love to see Port Antonio! I have had a thing for Jamaica since watching Cocktail when I was younger and I've heard that Port Antonio is where the majority of it was filmed! You can also tour Reach Falls which is a bit further South. How long was the drive from CTI?
    Photochick,

The drive from Ocho Rios to Port Antonio was pretty gueling, but an adventure nonetheless, we did Somerset Falls, Boston Bay (where jerk originated which was incredible) Mockingbird Hill for the view, and The Blue Lagoon, which is where you see where both Cocktail, and Club Paradise with Robin Williams were filmed. You also pass Trident Castle along the way, it really was an incredible excursion, but on mostly dirt roads, and an all day event. Reach Falls was too far with everything else on our agenda for the day, also toured the Great Huts. If you would like to email me, I can give you more specific info. mzambo 1722 @ wideopen west.com

This is an excursion from Ochi, not Negril, from Negril, I would suggest YS Falls, and The Pelican Bar!

We have seen much of the island, and have some incredible memories, next year we thought we would stay on resort, but low and behold, our guide from Ochi contacted us out of the blue and I am thinking possibly Port Royal which we have not yet seen.

Whatever you decide, get out for a day and explore, I have wonderful people on each end of the island I can suggest to you, or you can book through the resort.

Happy Travels,
    Marie