Default FLAMINGO RACE RULES for CN RED...WHITE...BLUE #4....CELEBRATION

1. the races are not limited to a number of "jockeys" BUT The Captain is only bringing 48 new flamingos. If you have your flamingo from last year please feel free to bring it.

2. The entry fee is $11.....$10 is donated to the local orphanage as we did last year. $1 covers the cost of purchasing and transporting the flamingos through customs. You know how touchy they can be about "livestock". $10 can be charged to your room.(pending CN staff approval) $1 cash to the Captain please. USD$$ only...no traveler's checks; coins or foreign currency.

3. If you have your flamingo from last year your entrance fee is only $10 for the donation.

4. flamingos can be obtained at the Captain's poolside umbrella (it is the one with the monkey hanging from it) from Monday June 30 through noon July 4th.

5. all entrants will meet at the swim up bar no later than 1 PM....for further instructions and Jockey inebriation.

6. preliminary rounds will begin at 2 PM sharp! or sometime before 3 since after all; we are in Jamaica.

7. last year we raised approx $500 for the local orphange through this effort. With your help we wil do it again this year.

8. THIS IS THE ONLY SERIOUS RULE!!!!!! anyone not present for the preliminary rounds will not be eligible to win. I was a little lax on this last year and it did create some minor irritations.

9. 1st...2nd....and 3rd prizes and their value will depend on the Captain's bargaining power with the CN staff.

10. the earlier you purchase your flamingo....the more time you have to practice and increase your chances of winning this highly competitive and skilled race.

11. the earlier you join in the jockey inebriation the more competitive the race becomes.

I hope this answers any questions you may have had and I look forward to seeing all at CN.

The Captain and Cheryl Ann

Captain,

We are looking forward to this years race. We would like to help by bringing our own flamingos and gladly donate to the orphanage. I am glad to see the FRR's (Flamingo Racing Rules) are being enforced this year. As I am one to always follow the rules, where can one obtain a "Class Legal" flamingo? Green flag in 44 days!

Captain - can you post a picture of a "legal" flamingo? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cands View Post
    Captain - can you post a picture of a "legal" flamingo? Thanks!
    Currently recognized as "acceptable" by the JFROTWC....(Jamaican Flamingo Racing Over The Waterfall Commission) is item#34/555 Inflatable Floating Flamingo Coasters from orientaltrading.com.
    My new shipment of 48 arrived this week. I believe I also have a few from last year so; hopefully we will have at least 50 entrants.
    I would love to raise another $500 for the orphanage!
    I am hoping to have 10 initial heats of 5 each...winners move on...

Count the meers in for flamingo races! We like a good friendly competition!

Default Picture of Official Flamingos at last yea's event

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  318.7 KB

Thanks Mariann and Jimmie! This picture says it all...what a fun day it was.....

what fun we had. Can't wait get back, only 17 more days.

I am submitting my entrant for the 2014 Red White and Blue Flamingo Races.

Some people say that he has been know to sit in the pool all day with a rum drink on his backside....
    Others say they have seen him on the beach or floating in Bloody Bay with nothing on but a helmet...
    He makes his appearance at CN once a year for a very special event and he is ready to race.....
    All I know is we call him the "Flamingo Stig"

Name:  Flamingo Stig 2014.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  31.9 KB

Three weeks until the checkered flag!

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Currently recognized as "acceptable" by the JFROTWC....(Jamaican Flamingo Racing Over The Waterfall Commission) is item#34/555 Inflatable Floating Flamingo Coasters from orientaltrading.com.
    My new shipment of 48 arrived this week. I believe I also have a few from last year so; hopefully we will have at least 50 entrants.
    I would love to raise another $500 for the orphanage!
    I am hoping to have 10 initial heats of 5 each...winners move on...

Count us in the race...see you June 29!!

Just purchased some flamingos from OTC. Since they come in a pack of 12 you can add my extra to your supply for the day. See you in a few weeks!

So looking forward to seeing past friends and making new ones.
    Thanks for the offer Steve and Susan.
    The more racers we have = more $$$$ for the orphanage!
    13 days to "wheels up"!
    We arrive on Sunday the 29th....been almost a year....boy am I thirsty...

Reminder....no late comers please. Prelim rounds will start as close to 2 PM as possible.
    Please see rule #8.
    Remember...the more $$$ we raise for the orphanage = the better bargaining power the Captain has with CN Mgmt for quality prizes.
    See everyone soon!