Default Just back from CSA with a couple new experiences under our belts!

We just returned from our 5th trip to CSA, 8th trip to Couples. There is a reason we keep going back, and the reason is that it feels like home! Here are a few of my observations from this trip.

Room: If you are staying in the Greathouse Verandah Suites, the rooms with the absolute best views (most forward facing the water) are ones ending in 05 & 06 (on the side facing CSA property) and 09 & 10 (on the side facing the property next door). The rooms with the worst views (can only view the water if you stand up at the railing) are ones ending in 04 (face the CSA property) and 11 (face the property next door). Rooms ending in 01, 02, 03, 12, 13 and 14 have about 50/50 views of the water and the property they are facing. We were in 5204 and were a bit disappointed with the lack of view.

Food: Still fantastic, as always! On my comment card, I did note a couple of suggestions, though (others should make these suggestions as well, if you agree): Cream of Pumpkin Soup should be a permanent item for both lunch and dinner at Patois, and Fish Tacos should be on Seagrapes menu every day! I just can't get enough of either! For any newbies out there, make sure you venture over and try Patois early in your trip...you will be sorry if you discover Banana Stuffed French Toast and their delicious pizzas on your last day! Oh, and I heard Seagrapes described by the front desk as "vegetarian", which I think scared all of the new guests into heading directly to the Beach Grill upon arrival (we had a mid afternoon arrival and missed lunch). While Seagrapes does have some great vegetarian options (the Sweet Potato Chips and Dips are to die for!), they are also home of the aforementioned delicious fish tacos...so don't miss out!

Beach: Very wide, and beautiful! The water was calm each morning, but tended to get choppier as the day went on. If we had rain (which we did for a brief time most afternoons), the water was calm again after the rain. If you want to float or do any water sports that require smooth water, plan to do so earlier in the day. Also, we saw a large ray swimming just off the coast a couple times during our stay. It never came close to humans, and was a beautiful sight to see!

Gym and Sports Complex: This is such a phenomenal aspect of the resort, but is so underutilized. I mean, I completely understand, seeing as how the beach is so beautiful and enticing, and it IS vacation...but if you love to work out, this is a great place to do it! Derek, who works in the gym, really knows his stuff and was very helpful in improving the form on my back squat! Oh...and the smoothie bar over there is the best!

Night Snorkeling: We didn't do a whole lot this trip, but we did decide to throw caution to the wind and venture into the water at night with the Water Sports crew...and I am so glad we did! We got to see so many things: lobster, puffer fish, trumpet fish, a large squid, several spotted rays, a couple Moray eels, and tons of moon jellyfish (not dangerous). I'm sure I'm leaving some things out...but it was an amazing experience, and was something we will definitely do again!

Club Mobay: We booked both the arrival and departure services for the first time this trip. As it turned out, neither really saved us much time with the "fast track" portion of the service, as the airport just wasn't that crowded while we were there. However, I still see value in the service and will most likely use it again for all future trips. It is a nice insurance, and would certainly come in handy if crowds were larger than expected. The arrival lounge was very nice. They serve rum punch (the stuff is STRONG) and finger foods (sandwiches, wraps, muffins, cookies, apples), which were a great welcome since we had not eaten in a few hours and wouldn't have the opportunity for a couple more. The departure lounge was a bit more cramped and crowded than I had expected, but it served it's purpose. It was certainly more quiet and comfortable than sitting in the hot terminal.

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

Enjoyed the trip report. I'm glad you guys had a great time! We are leaving in the morning and can't wait to get back home to CSA!
    CSA - May 2009, May 2010, March 2011 (wedding), December 2012, May 2014 CSS - December 2011