Thread: Where to Book?

Default Where to Book?

We finally decided to book at CTI, Which I hope is the right decision!!! Has anyone used priceline, Orbitz or any of the internets sites to book? Do you have problems with them or should we go with a travel agent?

Thanks for the help.

Holly

We used bookit last time we traveled to CSA. No problems at all. Saved alot versus booking with couples. I really dont know if there are any advantages to booking with couples. Anyone? We plan on returning this December. We are going to try a different internet site this time because of pricing. I don't like TA. They always seem to be more expensive than the prices I can find myself. The advantage of a TA is they can help you solve any problems you might have with your trip/accomodations. That always seems to be their selling point. Maybe we've been lucky but we have never had any problems using travel websites. Good luck.

We booked our vacation this year using an internet site and it was a nightmare! I highly advise against it, they canceled our vacation on us and then I had to fight for months to get our money back. They didn't even offer to help us book another vacation, they don't care about you only your money. I think the safest way to book your trip is either directly with Couples or with a Couples preferred travel agent.

The first time we went, I did some research, and then contacted our TA. I told her the range of prices I found, and she was able to get it for us for the same price. With her I feel more comfortable when it comes to the airlines. It seems our flights always change some, and she is usually aware and lets us know. She even made sure the flight we got had a little more layover in one of the airports so we would have enough time to get where we needed for our connection. She thought for that airport it was a little to close. Also, when we were afraid my husband may need oxygen for the flight, (thank heavens we didn't) she immediatly started checking on it for us. So there are advantages if you have the right TA.
    Linda

We book direct with Couples or a preferred travel agent and book the air direct with the airline. We have had better luck booking direct because if Couples offers a better deal we just pick up the phone and change. With a TA sometimes they will do it, sometimes they will not. We like to go direct with the airline because if they make a change we do not like, we can call direct, the TA's we have used are not interested in calling and getting a the flight changed.
    Irie Mon

My husband and I used different online company for our trip to CTI last month. Didn't have a single problem with them.

I would use a TA and if you are not happy with one try another. I have found an excellent TA who found all kinds of great deals and options that I could not find on-line for as cheap as we paid. I do know people who do book on line and are happy with doing it that way. Just be sure to go with a reputable online site. I believe that it is harder to make changes with on-line sites and easier with a TA if things should change your travel itinerary. Just my 2 cents...

We used a TA, it was the same price, and I just told her book it, and she took care of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mjcape View Post
    We booked our vacation this year using an internet site and it was a nightmare! I highly advise against it, they canceled our vacation on us and then I had to fight for months to get our money back. They didn't even offer to help us book another vacation, they don't care about you only your money. I think the safest way to book your trip is either directly with Couples or with a Couples preferred travel agent.
    ouch care to give others a heads up ?
    did they give a reason why they cancelled?

Go with a TA! Ours calls 800-Couples to book the room when the rates are the best. Do this before Oct. 30, or you will get nailed. The Hot Deals right now are really HOT! This is usually when the airfare is through the roof. Then she watches the airfare and buys it when it drops to an acceptable price. Since she is in the business, she knows what a good rate is and what is not. She finds trip insurance frpom a 3rd party and then if the airfare goes down, we get the reduced rate.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thanks for all the advice. Anyone going July 20th 2010?

We booked with the "T" internet site and they canceled our vacation because they said the airline canceled our flight. I asked them why they had to cancel our entire vacation and couldn't they just book us a differnt flight, they said there wasn't anything they could do (by the way I was dealing with "customer service" in India). After they canceled our trip she said "have a nice vacation" I laughed and asked her to repeat what she said....how can I have a nice vacation when you just canceled it?

Anyway, I booked with my trusted TA but had to fight with the "T" place for months to get our money back. I spent hours on the phone and I had to dispute the charge with my credit card. Very frustrating and I will never book with an internet site again, it's not worth the little amount you might save.