Default First timer questions

Wife and I are planning a trip this late fall. We will be going to CTI and are thinking about trying the AN Island. Trying to convince the wife anyway. We are in our 20s and not that it matters but hope that being a younger couple she is not gawked at. We would like to bring our camera. Not to take pictures of anyone else of course but just one or two of us and scenery. Is this frowned upon? Lastly since she is concerned about trying this I understand that there is a bar, would we both need to walk over to get a drink or can I go grab it for us both? Sorry for all the questions! Excited for our vacation.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by island14; October 24th, 2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: other questions answered

You will see all ages there and young couples go all the time so you shouldn't feel out of place. Gawking is more apt to happen at a clothing optional beach where you will see single clothed people... not on the island where you will be with your SO and everyone has to be naked. Unless you go to the bar and socialize you will hardly be noticed other than someone passing by and just saying hi to be friendly, nothing more. Don't worry, everyone will treat you with respect. She may feel a little disappointed when she sees that nobody is paying any attention to her, that's because they are busy doing their own thing. Yes it is that laid back.
    You can ask to go to the island before it opens to take pictures, but leave it in the safe when you come over for the day. It does make people uncomfortable.
    The less crowded time I think is a Saturday because that is the end/start of most vacations. Other than that it could be crowded one day, and quiet the next. No way of telling.
    As far as the best time to go, that is up to you. Would it be easier to go early when there is a few couples there and you can find your own special spot and disrobe... without being noticed? Or... would you be more comfortable getting naked when there might be a bunch of couples there, (blending in with the crowd), find an available spot and disrobe... without being noticed?
    You can get drinks for both of you, but I think after a short time she will be the one walking up to the bar to get the drinks for you.
    Do go early in your trip, and you will have no regrets. You may not have another chance to experience the A/N thing at a better place than Couples. The opportunity may not come up again for a very long time so don't pass it up. You're going to love it!

Thanks for the response. This is very helpful. Would you say that the ones who tend to hang out in the pool area try and make others join or is there no pressure?

I could not agree more with doncindy's comments. Our only regret is that we did not go over sooner during our stay. We ended up waiting until the last day and now wish we had gone the first day ! WE WILL NOT MAKE THAT MISTAKE THE NEXT TIME !

My wife and I were at CSS in Sept. Nobody will gawk at you. Everyone there is wearing the same "bathing suit," just in different sizes. You'll be amazed at how no one really cares. It most likely won't take long before you and your wife feel completely comfortable. My wife had similar reservations and they went away within minutes. In no time, she had no problem going up to the bar. Read all of the responses in the "Feedback After Your Vacation" thread. The experiences you read there should ease your concerns.

As for taking photos, my wife and I took several photos of eachother. Just make sure it is clear that you are only photographing eachother and you'll be fine. If fact, when we took our photos, I don't think anyone else at SSB even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by mj1023 View Post
    Thanks for the response. This is very helpful. Would you say that the ones who tend to hang out in the pool area try and make others join or is there no pressure?
    You may get asked, but certainly not pressured. Most of the time it is a bunch of adults just talking and laughing and having a great time with their new friends. You are in complete control as to what to do or not do, but no PDA (public display of affection). You can just go to the right side of the island and camp out there. I have said this on another thread, the right side is quieter, but you can sit anywhere and keep to yourselves without anyone bothering you. I did see a couple do just that. I said nothing to them, I just smiled and nodded if I passed by and I got the same in return. And they picked a spot right by the pool every day. Even if you choose to sit by the pool it can be quite entertaining depending on the crowd.

I doubt this will happen but if someone does want to chat, and you don't, Have a line ready... you could tell them you are sorry but you are not comfortable talking to anyone just yet. I'm sure they will back off and will understand your uneasiness. By staying by yourselves you are telling everyone not to bother you. It's the "respect" rule. It isn't posted, but used by all.

Try not to over think things. I can understand you both are very nervous and that is completely normal. On a scale of 0 to 10, 10 being the most nervous you could be and 0 being complete calm, you may be around a 7 or 8 . After 15 or 20 minutes on the island it may crash and go down to a 1 or maybe even a zero. If it spikes and gets to a 9 or a 10 at anytime prior to disrobing...(and it may) say before you get on the boat or when you arrive on the island... DO NOT GIVE IN AND LEAVE. It WILL subside. Remember in under 20 minutes it will all disappear.

The one thing I think we all root for is for couples to at least give it a try once in their lives. It isn't for everyone but for many of us it is the only way to truly enjoy a vacation (holidays for our Brit friends). Some try it and don't like it and can't understand the big deal. I tip my hat to them. Those who have never tried it...I feel are missing out on an even better vacation. You get to meet some great people and personally I am more relaxed on the island than anywhere I have ever vacationed at.

Sorry for the long reply for such a short question.

Nobody is going to pressure you to join in a conversation or in the games at the CTI pool if you don't want to join. In general, it's a very accepting yet respectful crowd. If you don't want to join in on the conversation or games then your body language will probably show it and people will leave you and your wife alone. However, if you make eye contact with people while you are in the pool and offer up a smile, somebody might start a conversation with you. There always seems to be a nice group of people on the island

Since I'm a bit shy and hesitant to start talking to somebody I don't know, I was really glad when somebody started talking to me first. I made sure to give off vibes that I was open to having a conversation (like making eye contact and smiling). Just to be safe, it's probably best not to smile and make eye contact with a person of the opposite sex, since this might come across as flirting. However, if you and your wife want to be left alone, then just focus on each other and I'm sure everyone there will be respectful and won't approach you.

Thanks again for the advice, reassurance, and information. I think we are going to give a try! What do you mean by games??

Does anyone know how many chairs are available? I see in pictures of the island a few huts with two or so chairs underneath. However it does not look like there are many of these hut looking platforms. We may venture to the pool side once comfortable where I am sure there is more chairs. But still would like to feel like im not laying right next to someone and that we know we will have a chair regardless.

Does anyone know how many chairs are available? I see in pictures of the island a few huts with two or so chairs underneath. However it does not look like there are many of these hut looking platforms. We may venture to the pool side once comfortable where I am sure there is more chairs. But still would like to feel like im not laying right next to someone and that we know we will have a chair regardless.

mj1023...I have some pics of the island that may help with some of your questions. Shoot me an email, and I'd be glad to send them.

Around the pool the chairs are rather close. Elsewhere, they are paired up with a a fair amount of space between them. What I noticed on the Island is that people rotate their chairs (again not by the pool) with the sun. So usually, either you are looking at the back of people (again pretty far away) or they are looking at the back of you. We've had days where unless we get up and go to the bar, we don't see anyone fully naked, and they wouldn't see us. We never had to stare directly at another couple while we were there. I suggest getting there early if you want a set of chairs on the private side. Also go first thing in the morning if you want to take pics. Here are some of ours. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sxmurr...7624950025515/

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very helpful to see how the layout is!! Looks awesome I can not wait to go. The regular beach looks pretty close. Are people from that beach able to see you? Thanks again!

There is a storage hut with plenty of chairs. Never has been a problem.

From the main beach, you can see people on the island and tell they are naked, but you really can't make out anything let alone who is who. I haven't seen anyone with binoculars on the beach, I'm sure it would be far more embarrassing for him or her to be seen checking out our perfect bodies.

021I should have added that there are shrubs and trees blocking folks on the island making it very difficult to see from the mainland. Still very private.

Great thanks!!

Default Games in the pool at CTI

Quote Originally Posted by island14 View Post
    Thanks again for the advice, reassurance, and information. I think we are going to give a try! What do you mean by games??
    There are usually games held in the pool area once or twice a day. The games are led by a member of the entertainment staff. The last time we were there we played a Jamaica trivia game, and it was "boys" against "girls". It was a lot of fun. It was also a great way to meet some of the other people enjoying the island that day. Of course, as I stated before, if you don't want to play nobody is going to pressure you to participate.

oh good to know thanks!!