Default Newbies planning a trip in 2015

Hello everyone,

We are a early 40's couple that is planning to visit a couples resort. We both like that idea of the "au naturel" option. This would be our first time experiencing this. We are both curious about the prospect of being nude around others. We tan in the nude privately at home. This message board has been great.. lots of info and there seems to be a lot of great people here. We have a few questions though:

1. Is there a time that is better to visit? (ie- Dec, Jan, Feb, etc) for a good mix of people?
    2. Do people on the au naturel side mostly stay in their beach loungers or do people walk around and chat?
    3. We have seen mixed points on here about singles being able to walk around on the au naturel side (ie-gwarkers). Is it couples only?
    4. This is a question for my husband...(and we have looked for more info on this)... We know there isn't a sexual vibe at a au naturel beach, but my husband is concerned about possible erections. What is the protocol here?

We have noticed that some couples on here are planning on meeting up with other couples.. Once we nail down when we are going to visit we would like to hopefully connect with others :-)

Thanks in advance
    Chris and Amy

1. There is no way to know from one week/month to the next how the crowd is going to be. There is always a great mix on the beach.
    2. We found it varied from day to day. At Sunset Beach, people would hang in the pool around the swim up bar. Usually in the afternoon after lunch people would go to their lounger to read or nap. Then it became very social again around 3 or so.
    3. It has always been couples when we went. Having said that, once you become known, if one or the other is away for an hour it should not be a problem.
    4. I answered this in another post. Each beach keeps rings so we can play ring toss if the unexpected happens! Truthfully, never seen it happen. You can always go into the water until it subsides.

Hi canadian_cpl! Welcome to the family. It would help folks answer your questions if you shared what resort you might be going to visit. Here's my 2 cents worth:
    #1: Any time that works with your schedule is a good time! Any time we have traveled to a Couples Resort we have met a great group of people. The one time of year we haven't traveled is prime wedding season--say the month of June. I have heard it can be quite busy with wedding parties.
    #2: It depends. At CSS on SSB, some people enjoy sitting by the pool or on the beach. The most social area is in the pool near the swim up bar. There's always good drinks and good conversations going on here! :-) As for CN, people may converse at their loungers, or at the bar or while out enjoying the ocean on a floatie! I haven't been to CTI and the Island yet, but I understand that the pool is the social hub and you can head to the right side of the Island if you want quiet.
    #3: Couples only is the expectation. CTI and CSS are private so you have no single gawkers. At CN the AN beach is on a public stretch of beach and people and vendors walk up and down the beach to reach the various resorts and restaurants. This is the only time I saw gawkers.
    #4: I will leave this one to the men to answer! :-)

Hi Chris and Amy,
    We have always gone to Couples in January and at both Sans Souci and Negril we have found a good mix of people.
    The great thing about the A/N side is people generally are much friendlier but also respect your space if you do not wish to engage in conversation.
    In our experience it is couples only and Security are very quick to move in if a single shows up. They also make sure the people walking along the beach front keep walking.
    Personally, as a man, I do not think the atmosphere on an A/N beach is at all sexual and in many years of going to A/N resorts both in the Caribbean and Europe I have never had a problem and , although I do not make a point of looking, have never noticed anyone else having this problem.
    On returning at the same time each year it seems that the same faces are there, as so many people go back time and again to Couples.
    Whenever you choose to go I am certain that you will have a great time and sure that you will end up like us going back to "home from home" every year.
    Jan & John

You didn't say which resort but I'll try to Answer based on our stays at CN:
    1) Don't know we have only gone in October or November. Both had wonderful guests.
    2) We have seen both. Some people keep to themselves and read etc. Others are more social. We have found that once we get in the water it can become more social.
    3) We have only seen one single on the beach and he was promptly asked to leave by security. The most interesting part was he wasn't even a Couples guest. Came down from Rui.
    4) Roll over and tan his back or grab his float and get in the water.

Good luck on your trip.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; August 28th, 2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Hi Chris and Amy,

Some of the answers to your questions may change slightly depending on which resort you go to. Each of the nude beaches are all great in their own way but do present some differences regarding privacy, social factors, and the general "vibe". We have spent time at all three of the Couples resorts with nude beaches, so feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you have any further questions.

Canadian_cpl,
    We always go to CN at the end of January and the mix of people is great! The AN side is how you want it to be, quiet and peaceful or mix and mingle with others there. AN people are the greatest as they are putting themselves out there for all to see, scars, stretch marks, you name it. We have a different outlook then the textile side. I have many scars from an operation. Nobody cares how big, or endowed you are or aren't. We just love being in the outdoors with no suits on. Really, there is nothing sexual about it. I have never seen anyone who was single. I have been to nude resorts here in PA. and have never seen any men get excited. It just doesn't happen. If your hubby is worried, as I was the first time, have some "Fun" with him before you go to the AN side. Then have some more "Fun" at lunch, and maybe later in the day again. This should take care of his problem. But seriously, this will be an experience you will enjoy. These are the best people you will find. No hang ups, no jealousy, just comfortable with our bodies. We will be going back January 22-27, 2015 and will have my daughters new in-laws with us. Hopefully they will come to the AN side, not sure yet.

Duane & Mary

By the way, we are in our mid 50's.
    Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    Canadian_cpl,
    We always go to CN at the end of January and the mix of people is great! The AN side is how you want it to be, quiet and peaceful or mix and mingle with others there. AN people are the greatest as they are putting themselves out there for all to see, scars, stretch marks, you name it. We have a different outlook then the textile side. I have many scars from an operation. Nobody cares how big, or endowed you are or aren't. We just love being in the outdoors with no suits on. Really, there is nothing sexual about it. I have never seen anyone who was single. I have been to nude resorts here in PA. and have never seen any men get excited. It just doesn't happen. If your hubby is worried, as I was the first time, have some "Fun" with him before you go to the AN side. Then have some more "Fun" at lunch, and maybe later in the day again. This should take care of his problem. But seriously, this will be an experience you will enjoy. These are the best people you will find. No hang ups, no jealousy, just comfortable with our bodies. We will be going back January 22-27, 2015 and will have my daughters new in-laws with us. Hopefully they will come to the AN side, not sure yet.

Duane & Mary
    I haven't been on here in awhile, but we're finally able to plan another trip to Couples next year so I'm jumping back in to see what's going on in the A/N world! We went to CTI and had our first experience in '13 and LOVED it. I have to agree with Duane here...my wife and I were a little nervous the first time about the whole experience and me especially about how I'd "react" so before we went the first day, we had a little fun back in the room after breakfast and that took the possibility off the table for a little while. By the time it would have been an issue again, we were already over there and comfortable and it never became a problem. Because everybody's right--there's something distinctly "un-sexual" about the way it's set up. Possibly because it's not an option, if you're going that beach you HAVE to get naked.
    Though I do have to admit...there's something about the combination of vacation, relaxing, drinking, and spending time with your S/O naked the whole day and knowing that it's not the time or place to engage them sexually that makes the evenings back in the room A LOT of fun. Just my 2 cents