Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default CSS SSB After Dark - a suggestion.

I'm reading quite a few threads about impromptu afterdark au naturel gatherings at Sunset Beach at Couple San Souci. It looks like this is becoming quite a popular activity and I for one definitely want to encourage CSS management to allow this to continue. We were at CSS last week and we also met up with other guests one evening for some SSB star gazing - so much fun and what a relaxing end to our day. A few folks brought beverages from their rooms and security was very accommodating adjusting the lighting around the pool and hot tub. It was great star gazing and chatting with the other five couples who were there. Sort of reminded me of those wonderful days of youth skinny dipping with friends. Everyone was very respectful and behaved themselves - just wonderful people spending time under an amazing Jamaican starry sky with the lights of Ocho Rios in the distance. Magical!
    If I can make a suggestion to CSS management it would be to allow this continue on an impromptu manner AND also possibly considered setting two evenings a week (example, Monday and Thursday) as scheduled afterdark au naturel star gazing at SSB and provide a bar tender from 8:30 until 11:30. I bet it would be a huge hit.

I totally agree.... Count me in

My wife and I went to SSB several times 'after hours' to relax in the hot tub and/or enjoy the company of others we had met earlier in the day. We'd all bring our own beverages and on one occassion hosted our own pool party with about 7 other couples. As you said, everyone was respectful and behaved themselves - just friends enjoying the evening - stars, warm temperatures, good conversation amonst friends, the hot tub or an occassional dip in the pool. I like your suggestion and hope CSS management sees it and approves!

This sounds like such a good idea and I can't wait to try out CSS and SSB during day light and after dark!

DJ likes this

One of the things I did not like about CTI was the lack of evening AN opportunities. With the island closed for private dinners there was nowhere to go. We did use the hot tubs at the spa a couple of nights (don't tell anyone because you aren't supposed to do that), but the main spa pool was freezing and the hot tubs were, well closer to "boiling" than just "hot". I felt like a lobster on a couple of occasions, but usually one hot tub was hotter than the other.

Being able to use SSB at night is a HUGE bonus for CSS.

This is a wonderful idea, and I'm sure it will be very popular. Can anyone from management let us know if it's being considered? Thanks!

You can speak to management and arrange an evening party! We just did this for the second time last week. It's $200 and requires a minimum of 10 couples ($20 per couple). If less than 10 couples show up the $200 is divided evenly between those who do show up. The bartender will be there from 9-11pm and music and lights are on. We had a great time last week with 11 couples there! And yes, we did tip the bartender a little extra afterwards because this is over and above their normal jobs.

Or just bring goodies from your room and take over the mineral pool when others invade SSB at night

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyernurse View Post
    Or just bring goodies from your room and take over the mineral pool when others invade SSB at night
    Don't they frown upon skinny dipping in the mineral pool?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Well, you would think so but they didn't seem to mind. No one got loud or caused any problems - and no one else was there. One bartender even came by and took drink orders - went and got the drinks and brought them back to the pool!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadude View Post
    I'm reading quite a few threads about impromptu afterdark au naturel gatherings at Sunset Beach at Couple San Souci. It looks like this is becoming quite a popular activity and I for one definitely want to encourage CSS management to allow this to continue. We were at CSS last week and we also met up with other guests one evening for some SSB star gazing - so much fun and what a relaxing end to our day. A few folks brought beverages from their rooms and security was very accommodating adjusting the lighting around the pool and hot tub. It was great star gazing and chatting with the other five couples who were there. Sort of reminded me of those wonderful days of youth skinny dipping with friends. Everyone was very respectful and behaved themselves - just wonderful people spending time under an amazing Jamaican starry sky with the lights of Ocho Rios in the distance. Magical!
    If I can make a suggestion to CSS management it would be to allow this continue on an impromptu manner AND also possibly considered setting two evenings a week (example, Monday and Thursday) as scheduled afterdark au naturel star gazing at SSB and provide a bar tender from 8:30 until 11:30. I bet it would be a huge hit.

SUNSET BEACH - POOL & HOT TUB AFTER HOURS - FANTASTIC! But Couples Management please support these night time activities with a bartender, supervision and plastic cups. When patrons bring their own bottled beverages and glassware from their rooms - glass gets broken and it's NOT cleaned up at night. Several times pool users have cut their feet from broken glass on the pool bottom or chards of broken glass on deck areas the next morning - Not fun! Couples, please support these night activities or ban all together, for your guests' enjoyment & safety. thank you, from a long time repeat guest.

If we each chipped in $20 from our resort credits, we would be in for that. we have alot of cedits when we go.

Chicklett: This is a very good suggestion. Bringing glass bottles down to the pool deck is not good. I don't know if Couples would ever consider putting a bartender at SSB after dark. I don't think there is enough demand for this. However, there should be an option to bring drinks down to the SSB pool / hot tub without glass... Glass and pool decks DO NOT MIX!

PS: When we were there in July, all of our party friends from SSB left at around 5:30 to shower and get ready for the evening. Very few of us had the energy and motivation to go back to SSB after dark. So staffing a bartender after hours might not be needed. But for those who visit SSB after dark, it definitely makes sense to prohibit glass on the pool deck. Our mini-fridges should be stocked with aluminum or plastic only... NO GLASS!
    CTI & CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
    Chicklett: This is a very good suggestion. Bringing glass bottles down to the pool deck is not good. I don't know if Couples would ever consider putting a bartender at SSB after dark. I don't think there is enough demand for this. However, there should be an option to bring drinks down to the SSB pool / hot tub without glass... Glass and pool decks DO NOT MIX!

PS: When we were there in July, all of our party friends from SSB left at around 5:30 to shower and get ready for the evening. Very few of us had the energy and motivation to go back to SSB after dark. So staffing a bartender after hours might not be needed. But for those who visit SSB after dark, it definitely makes sense to prohibit glass on the pool deck. Our mini-fridges should be stocked with aluminum or plastic only... NO GLASS!
    We have always packed a set of plastic champagne glasses for exactly this reason. Pour your favorite beverage into a thermos or similar container for transport and you're all set!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We are going at the last week of October and think this is a great idea. Definitely going to see if they will allow it when we are there.

Anyone interested the week of October 26- Nov 2/ 14 on trying to set up a night to have a bartender or just having the pool and hot tub open for a group to use on SSB?

We were at CSS from September 14-19 this year and spent several evenings at the SSB hot tub with friends, old and new. One evening we were there until 2am laughing and talking. We brought beverages from our room and everyone was respectful and careful with their drinks. We even put the empties up at the bar and made sure we didn't leave a mess. I realize people get tired and evening tubbing isn't for everyone, but for us it was a great opportunity to enjoy spending time with friends and getting to know people better. I would be very happy to see Couples have a bartender available from 9 to 11 or 9 to 12 but I also realize that it's not an every night thing. If they provided plastic cups and a way to transport liquor in plastic, I think that would be sufficient. We even went to the tub after the SSB dinners were completed. It became a very special part of our trip and a great way to end the day.
    Counting the days until paradise...

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleCouple View Post
    ... If they provided plastic cups and a way to transport liquor in plastic, I think that would be sufficient. ...
    Agree. We are going to CSS for the first time this November. In the past at CN we would grab a couple plastic cups from near the pop machine at the Beach Grill and use those by the AN hot-tub at night, keeping the glass bottles away from the tub. Don't want any glass near the tub.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleCouple View Post
    We were at CSS from September 14-19 this year and spent several evenings at the SSB hot tub with friends, old and new. One evening we were there until 2am laughing and talking. We brought beverages from our room and everyone was respectful and careful with their drinks. We even put the empties up at the bar and made sure we didn't leave a mess. I realize people get tired and evening tubbing isn't for everyone, but for us it was a great opportunity to enjoy spending time with friends and getting to know people better. I would be very happy to see Couples have a bartender available from 9 to 11 or 9 to 12 but I also realize that it's not an every night thing. If they provided plastic cups and a way to transport liquor in plastic, I think that would be sufficient. We even went to the tub after the SSB dinners were completed. It became a very special part of our trip and a great way to end the day.
    Nashville Couple, we wish we would of had another day or 2 with you all. It sounds like it was a great time there, those late nights are what really makes a awesome experience. We were disappointed one night when we went over and there was a dance party, but we had to swim with our suits on. That was disappointing. We are planning for next time to have a late night or two over there and can't wait.

It was a great way to unwind and get to know people. Sucks that they have clothed nighttime activities at SSB pool
    Counting the days until paradise...

A hot tub before bed is a must on our vacation. So we plan to find a way to relax in hot water -- with or without other people around. Of course, a hot tub can be a great social event. Let's hope that is possible at SCC in late November.

PNK

Default Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    A hot tub before bed is a must on our vacation. So we plan to find a way to relax in hot water -- with or without other people around. Of course, a hot tub can be a great social event. Let's hope that is possible at SCC in late November.

PNK
    My wife and I are going for our 10th in late November, sounds like a heavenly way to end your day!

We are leaving CSS tomorrow and a group of us rented out the pool and tub with a bartender. It will cost $200 so if you can start arranging early, getting the numbers shouldn't be hard. On other nights the guards didn't say anything if you wanted to go over. One couple late at night did the dry sauna and the ocean area right there. The guard didn't have an issue with this either. Just cover if someone else is uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by mjcbac View Post
    We are leaving CSS tomorrow and a group of us rented out the pool and tub with a bartender. It will cost $200 so if you can start arranging early, getting the numbers shouldn't be hard. On other nights the guards didn't say anything if you wanted to go over. One couple late at night did the dry sauna and the ocean area right there. The guard didn't have an issue with this either. Just cover if someone else is uncomfortable
    We have not gone yet so please forgive me. But isn't there a hot tub near the main pool? Unless there is a scheduled event in SSB, then it pretty-much means nude prevails right? Not to sound crass but if we're there at night in the hot tub, whoever comes by should expect others NOT to have suits on.

~Julie~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast