Thread: Golfing

Default Golfing

Coming home in 23 days ! Going to give golfing a try this time. Can anyone tell me how much Club Rental , etc cost ? Wondering if I'm better off renting or paying baggage fees & swinging my own clubs!

I golfed in October while staying at Couples Swept Away. Negril Hills Golf Course had 2 prices for clubs, $20 and $40. Obviously the more expensive was a complete newer set and in better shape. Being a cheap skate I went with the $20 and other then the putter was quite happy. You can look at the sets and get the one you want. A couple of years ago, same course, the driver I had looked like it had been used to help with construction at the golf course, but it played fine. If you are not staying on the Negril side I can't help you with costs on the other side of the island. Biggest thing is just go and have fun. Is good Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by ne tireguy View Post
    Coming home in 23 days ! Going to give golfing a try this time. Can anyone tell me how much Club Rental , etc cost ? Wondering if I'm better off renting or paying baggage fees & swinging my own clubs!
    If you are intending to play just once then rental is better.. more than that bring your own. I usually bring two half sets one for my wife and one for myself.
    Please note you have to have a caddy which is around $17 and a cart is another $40 and then there is the tip! so the free golf isn't so cheap.
    The Upton course in Ocho Rios is ok nothing special, they have got it back into a decent condition after letting it go a few years back

If you choose to rent be sure to bring balls, tees, glove... I don't think that stuff is cheap at the clubhouse. Don't forget to buy drinks for the caddy at the turn. Search the threads for "golf" there was a recent post on costs. I think it may cost you about 80 bucks for the day with rental.

Another thing, and someone did kind of mention it here, take everything you need to golf except your clubs. Used balls are a buck each, tees are like 2 bucks a bag and so forth and so on. The first year I golfed, spur of the moment so I had nothing with me, my free golf cost $107 by the time I rented, purchased, tipped and had a couple of liquid refreshments, of course one for the caddie as well. If you are a single you end up paying the full price of the cart and caddie.