Default Wednesday Specials

Does anyone know if Couples discontinued the Wednesday (one day) only specials? I have not seen any Wednesday only for quite sometime.

This was on another thread.

"benandmiranda

I used the "chat now" feature and asked the same question. They've discontinued them indefinitely. "

But I seem to remember Michelle G Saying its over too...

Quote Originally Posted by ellen49 View Post
    Does anyone know if Couples discontinued the Wednesday (one day) only specials? I have not seen any Wednesday only for quite sometime.

They seamed to end when the former vp left. I would have thought the new moderator would have answered this when she approved it.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    They seamed to end when the former vp left. I would have thought the new moderator would have answered this when she approved it.
    On another thread, Michelle Gordon described them as "discontinued temporarily." I chose to take that to mean there is still hope :-).

We can honestly say that when Couples used to have the Wednesday and/or special occasion deals like Mother's day, Valentines Day etc. we were on the website frequently as we were always searching (especially during the off season) for a deal so we could return. It kept our interest up as we would move from checking the deals to searching around the site and for new thread topics or photos. Since they dropped those deals we have become somewhat disinterested in visiting the site other than in the dead of winter when there isn't much else to do when cooped up inside since we have previously read many of the thread topics. It may be just us, but I wonder how much traffic those weekly and pop-up deals drove to the site especially during the off season when people book for the upcoming winter. The same argument, but maybe to a lesser degree, could be stated for the photo contest. We often came to the site just to see any new photos. Don't get us wrong, we still visit the website occasionally to poke around but we just aren't drawn to the site like before.

Wednesday morning coffee breaks at work just haven't been the same since... here's hoping that both the deals and the photos come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminiscing View Post
    We can honestly say that when Couples used to have the Wednesday and/or special occasion deals like Mother's day, Valentines Day etc. we were on the website frequently as we were always searching (especially during the off season) for a deal so we could return. It kept our interest up as we would move from checking the deals to searching around the site and for new thread topics or photos. Since they dropped those deals we have become somewhat disinterested in visiting the site other than in the dead of winter when there isn't much else to do when cooped up inside since we have previously read many of the thread topics. It may be just us, but I wonder how much traffic those weekly and pop-up deals drove to the site especially during the off season when people book for the upcoming winter. The same argument, but maybe to a lesser degree, could be stated for the photo contest. We often came to the site just to see any new photos. Don't get us wrong, we still visit the website occasionally to poke around but we just aren't drawn to the site like before.

Wednesday morning coffee breaks at work just haven't been the same since... here's hoping that both the deals and the photos come back.
    I agree. I hope they brink them back!