Default Should we repeat CTI? Sailing/watersports question

Our last Couples visits have been to CN and CSA and our favorite experience has become sailing the Hobie cats. We got married at CTI pre-renovation years ago and would like to go back there this year. Thinking back, I recall many red flag days during that visit in April. Is that typical at CTI? I cant remember. Having opportunities to sail is important and we want to make sure we won't be disappointed at CTI - at least in terms of sailing - know the rest would be great. Our visit is planned for end of September. Excluding the hurricane factor, how is the sailing at CTI?

We were there last year 7/27-8/3. There were no red flag days while we were there. It was great weather and we thoroughly enjoyed all of the water sports! I hope this helps!

We were there in January 2013. Three days were total red flags, three more no hobie cats and one was great. However. the one day we could go out I was not impressed with what we could do. You were told to stay within sight, so largely that meant a lap around the island, avoiding the reef and anyone in the water. With a good breeze they were FAST laps around the island. I greatly prefer Long Bay or Bloody Bay in Negril where there was a lot more room to do things in.

We did a Trading Places to CSS and there it is stay within the reef and be bored or venture out and prepare for waves, fairly big waves on that day. Again, I longed for Long Bay in Negril (Bloody Bay the winds can leave you bobbing like a cork for long periods of time).

As far as red flag days, April 2013 I don't think there was one red flag day for the first three weeks. We only stayed one of those weeks and it was a bit breezy, but no red flag days.

Out of 21+ days spent at CTI over the months of Mar, Apr and May, I think we've had a total of 2-3 red flag days, and I think only one of them lasted all day. There is no guarantee of course, but I wouldn't worry too much. Or maybe we've just been exceedingly lucky.

We were just there in early June and there were no red flag days. Nice stiff breezes every day, but that was just good sailing weather.