Default CTI or CSS... Cant decide

I am trying to decide between Tower Isle and Sans Souci. Hopefully someone can say something that will give one a slight edge over the other.

My wife and I are in our early 30's and fairly easy to please and laid back. She likes to lay on the beach and I need to be occupied. I scuba, she doesnt. I will try anything a couple times, she will think about it once. I am a foodie, she would be happy with a sandwich. We like live music, but not to dance. We dont really care to mingle with others, but we are friendly people. This will be our 10 year anniversary, but we are not looking for something extra romantic, a break from the kids is plenty!

Can someone say something to sway me one way or the other!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atcdanner View Post
    I am trying to decide between Tower Isle and Sans Souci. Hopefully someone can say something that will give one a slight edge over the other.

My wife and I are in our early 30's and fairly easy to please and laid back. She likes to lay on the beach and I need to be occupied. I scuba, she doesnt. I will try anything a couple times, she will think about it once. I am a foodie, she would be happy with a sandwich. We like live music, but not to dance. We dont really care to mingle with others, but we are friendly people. This will be our 10 year anniversary, but we are not looking for something extra romantic, a break from the kids is plenty!

Can someone say something to sway me one way or the other!!!!!!!!

We went to CSS in March of this year, my wife and I celebrated our 16th anniversary and we also were looking at either Tower Isle or Sans souci. What made the diffrerence for us is the fact that we wanted tranquility and relaxation. We have 2 teenagers so noise and partying was not our thing. We are going back in 2016 to CSS. I scuba dived and my wife laid back in the pool.....as for foodie, you will not go wrong at CSS... I actually put on a few pounds.... we were able to take in the night entertainment and sat back with a few drinks. We would actually stay near the balloon bar for an hour then head up to our room in G block and listen to the rest of show.

CSS is really laid back, you do as you please when you please.....hope this helps. Either one you choose you will both enjoy and you can always do a day trip to the other resort.

Best of luck, and happy anniversary.

Correy and Chantal..... 1 year 8 months 29 days 7 hours to go before we are back

If you're doing two weeks, do what we do....a week at CTI followed by a week at CSS!! Best of both worlds! We couldn't decide either, so did both and LOVE both!

We (I) choose CTI because of the smaller resort feel. It had more restaurants and the boards seemed to lean to the more mature, laid back group. We're early risers and like the choice of nightlife, but it didn't appear that that's when the place came to life.. In other words there didn't seem to be loud parties after midnight. This is making me seem like a fuddy- duddy, but I hope you get the point.. Basically there's entertainment after dark, but its not wild. Not to say it is at CSS. The other reason was the beach location. Although CSS looks beautiful, it is in the cliffs.

CTI is a large box hotel. It features a nude island and a nice beach. CSS is a bunch of smaller and longer boxes. It features a nude area with a great pool but poor beach. It also has a regular beach. The food is equally world-class at both, as is the service. I don't scuba, but I believe you can scuba from both (they're only a couple of miles away from each other.) CSS is built into the cliffs and thus has the most magnificent landscaping of the four Couples properties.

I have been to both many times and would recommend CSS over CTI, unless you want the nude island. CSS is much more romantic than CTI, but you "claim" you're not looking for that vibe. I hope your wife doesn't read that!

All of that having been said, I've been going to CSA for over 15 years, usually twice a year. Neither CSS or CTI can compare to the tropical paradise that CSA presents. Add to that Seven Mile Beach, one of the world's most beautiful beaches, and you'll never consider another resort in Jamaica. I could be politically correct and tell you that ANY Couples Resort will be a wonderful experience or I could be honest and say none of the other three are as good as CSA.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

CTI feels like a very nice hotel
    CSS feels like a very nice resort

Hi atcdanner! The CTI vs. CSS dilema has been an ongoing message board question. While you ask for someone to "say something to sway" your decision...I prefer to provide information and let you make the decision.

If you have enough time, and want to switch resorts, then randijean's suggestion of doing a "split stay" is actually a really good option. We've been known to do just that on an 8 or 10 day visit to Jamaica. It allows you to get 2 vacations (different resorts) for the price of one.

The differences between the two resorts is that CTI is a smaller property with less room to roam. CSS, as T&T pointed out, is built onto cliffs which makes it more spread out with some stairs to climb. CTI is essentially 5 adjoining (except Bldg 1), multi-story buildings with a north facing (except Blidg. 5 - which faces west). There's a nice view of Tower Isle if your room faces north. CSS has 7 independent multi-floor buildings...all with a view of the ocean with some facing north and others facing west. CSS has a Mediterranean feel with lots of tropical foliage to roam through that makes it more romantic.

Because of it's relateively small size (area) meeting up with others at CTI is easy. CTI does have more restaurant options than CSS but you'll never go hungry at a Couples Resort...unless you try. The beach at CTI is smaller than that at CSS (which has 2 - one texile and the other AN). Because of it's west facing Sunset Beach affords a view of some awesome sunsets at CSS (CTI does not offer a view of the sun setting or rising).

Both resorts offer night life. CTI's is done in the Patio Restaurant while CSS's is done outside the Balloon Bar around the upper pool. Dancing is not required but the entertainment is awesome (especially the Starlight Gala done each Friday evening).

That all being said...here's a link to pictures we've taken while at these Couples Resorts: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/sets/. Hopefully they'll help in your decision process. The good thing is knowing that there's no such thing as a bad Couples Resort. With that in mind, enjoy your stay at the one that you choose!

Bart & Bug

We chose CSS and have been there twice with our third trip coming up in September. We love the peaceful quiet of the resort with the beautiful layout. There are a million beautiful spots to view the Caribbean from; some high on the hill and some low. It's quite spread out and there is plenty of scuba possibilities. Several in our group go every day! To show you what you can expect in the resort I have prepared a Youtube video of the resort. It should show you what the resort looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LFxwjXYS0o
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

David
    Both resorts are great
    We have been to both several times
    I think you can accomplish your goals in either

Biggest differences:
    CTI has more of a hotel layout (buildings with a long hallway and rooms off the hall, multiple floors, rooms facing in or toward the ocean)
    CSS has more of a resort layout (smaller buildings with rooms that have separate access from the outside, ie no long hallways)

CTI has the Island for AN
    CSS has Sunset Beach for AN, both are great but are different

CTI has a few more rooms (226 vs 150) but CSS has more acreage so in general it feels less crowded at any given time
    CTI has a couple more choices for restaurants but there are more people so that kind of balances out

Both have great Spa areas
    Both have nice pools with swim up bars
    Both have great watersports and scuba teams
    Both have great evening entertainment

CTI has a piano bar which can be a pretty hopping place in the evening, more than the Balloon bar at CSS in our experience

We like CSS better, but we like both of them better than other places that we have been to on other islands

If your measure of success is having a relaxing time to reconnect with your wife without any kids for distraction
    then do not worry. You will be fine at either resort
    Just look at the pictures, read the threads, and pick one without regret. You will have a great time either way

John

Our choice is CTI. Great food, great staff, great friends. CTI rooms have great ocean views!

I think the info posted here is spot on. The only thing I would disagree with is that CSA is more "tropical" than CTI/CSS. Yes, the Negril beaches at CSA/CN are gorgeous, but the rest of the properties are sand and some palm trees.

CSS is dense vegetation with old established trees. There are parrots, hummingbirds, endless lizards, crabs, and I swear I once saw a mongoose. The mineral spring, the cliffs, and stone steps are awesome. We rounded out our Couples experience with CN this May, and while it was a great vacation, we'd only go back if Secret Rendezvous. That said CSA is awesome, and I would love to return eventually. But for us, the romance and charm of CSS and history and elegance of CTI win.

CTI, more restaurants, better entertainment venues and absolutely the best dive crew and better dive boat. Stayed at all the Couples Resorts so we have experience to speak from. Go with your gut.

Well I just booked CSS!!! We are pretty excited. Thanks for all the input.

We enjoyed the restaurants at CTI better than any of the others. People always say that CTI has a hotel feel because the rooms are in traditional hotel buildings with inside corridors. CN and CSS also are rectangular buildings but their corridors are on the outside rear of the buildings so they are like a motel. CSA has smaller buildings more like beach bungalows.

You cannot go wrong with any of the (4) resorts. The beaches are better in Negril and you can walk long distances but there are also people walking up/down the beaches all day especially at CSA. CSS and CTI have private beaches and are plenty big for the size of the resorts.

No cat cruise at CSS but they have the most private a/n area. No a/n area at CSA but they have wonderful restaurants and is the largest of the (4) resorts.

We love all of them and try to visit each but have been to CTI the past 2 trips. We also go in the off season and the resorts are much less crowded than Jan-

Not sure how long you are going for, but why not do a split stay? 4 nights at one, 4 nights at the other. They are less then 10 minutes apart, and they will transport you between whenever you are ready to go on your transfer day.