Default Place to stay near the airport

Hi all. We are booked for our first time at any Couples Resort in June 2015. We will be visiting Couples Negril. We are set to arrive on a Friday, however I may be interested in flying in on Thursday and staying near the airport. I will only do this if the airfare is cheaper on Thursday vs. Friday. A few questions:
    Can anyone recommend somewhere near the airport for cheap (~$100) that would be easily accessible by cab?
    Will we have a problem returning to the airport Friday, going to the Couples Lounge, and waiting for the transport to the resort?
    This may be more trouble than it is worth in the long run but you just can shake the idea for a extra night on the island and saving money on flights!!!!

This is what we are doing this November. We are staying at Toby's (highly recommended on this board) which is reasonably priced and very close to the airport. We have also been told to ask your cab driver to come back in the morning to take you back to the airport and he will see that you get to the Couples Lounge, since the only way you normally get there is by arriving flight.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I'm interested to see the answers for this too. We've stayed overnight once in Miami and took the short flight to Mobay back in 2011 and it was great. We were at the Couples lounge at 10 AM and at CN before noon. We've often wondered if staying in Mobay the first night and then getting on an early morning shuttle would be even better. The other advantage is having a nights sleep prior to starting your first day. We've had 6:00 AM flights out of Chicago in the past which meant heading to the airport at 3:00 AM. By the time you get to Couples, you've been up for 12 hours or, in my wife's case, she doesn't sleep at all the night before.
    She packs, unpacks, packs, unpacks......

~100: Toby's
    ~130~ Royal Decameron

We have done this many times and have found an amazing place to stay less than 10 minutes away from the Montego Bay airport. Returning to the airport the next day for the shuttle is a breeze. This way we get to our Couples Resort early the next morning. I can email details if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Deesweptaway View Post
    We have done this many times and have found an amazing place to stay less than 10 minutes away from the Montego Bay airport. Returning to the airport the next day for the shuttle is a breeze. This way we get to our Couples Resort early the next morning. I can email details if interested.
    Yes, that would be great. alysetaylor (at) Hotmail (dot) com

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I will look for a Thursday flight. Our connection will be in ATL so the option listed above, staying in MIA wont work, although it does sound nice!

great question to ask

sorry to highjack your post but how far is Toby's from the airport
    Lance & Dawn

great idea. I'll have to do this next time.
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

Quote Originally Posted by POPO View Post
    great question to ask

sorry to highjack your post but how far is Toby's from the airport
    2 minutes in a cab.

This sounds like a really good idea. May do this next time.

When you arrive back to the airport to take the Couples shuttle, are you able to go to the lounge or do you go to another area? I figured it wouldn't be possible to get to the lounge as its in a secure area.

Quote Originally Posted by Deesweptaway View Post
    Can you please also email the details of where you stay near MoBay? krishellemercerhursh (at) hotmail (dot) com thank you!

Since we are able to take a non-stop early out of Charlotte, we are able to arrive early. However most of the time we stay in Jamaica two weeks and usually change resorts after the first week. Sometimes we will stay a week at a non-Couples resort and then transfer to Couples or visa-versa. When/if you return to the airport to make the transfer, for security reasons you are not able to go inside to the Couples lounge, so when you are dropped off at the airport arriving area, security will call the Couples lounge and one of the staff will come out to meet you and organize your transportation. And when requested they will bring you something to drink -- it's all good and works well.

Quote Originally Posted by winlove View Post
    Since we are able to take a non-stop early out of Charlotte, we are able to arrive early. However most of the time we stay in Jamaica two weeks and usually change resorts after the first week. Sometimes we will stay a week at a non-Couples resort and then transfer to Couples or visa-versa. When/if you return to the airport to make the transfer, for security reasons you are not able to go inside to the Couples lounge, so when you are dropped off at the airport arriving area, security will call the Couples lounge and one of the staff will come out to meet you and organize your transportation. And when requested they will bring you something to drink -- it's all good and works well.
    Great info. That was the next question I had. I was unsure where the lounge was located as far as airport security was concerned. Thanks for the help everyone!