Thread: Fly Rasta!!!

Default Fly Rasta!!!

Last night, the Empress and I went to see Ziggy Marley at a small (750 seat) auditorium in Wisconsin's Door County. WOW! What a performance! If you missed Ziggy at a tour stop nearby, sucks for you... but if he comes to a town near you, do not pass!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We saw him at the Pacific Amphitheatre (8,200 seats) in Costa Mesa, CA in July. Agreed, it was a great show, but we missed the strength of Bunny Wailer on the bass guitar. He was touring with Ziggy a couple of years ago, and was a great addition. It would be terrific to see the show in a smaller venue.
    Last edited by Sawfish; August 12th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.
    You can't lay on the beach and drink rum all day, if you don't get started in the morning!

Cool..Did ya tell him the Big Larboski said hello?

I believe he's in my area (Twin cities) on Tuesday, too bad I have to work

We missed him when he was here earlier this year. But, we did see Third World with their new lead singer, A.J. Brown, Saturday night at a 500 seat venue. They were awesome and it was fun seeing a different side of A.J. outside of his "resort mode!"

Just missed him last Friday at an amazing street performance in Madison, WI
    Last edited by madtown mom; August 13th, 2014 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typo

Wonder if he will be playing in Iowa?

Life is good

He is performing at the Ogden Theatre in Denver, CO on Tuesday 8/19. The theater is standing only and has a capacity for about 1,000.
    We will actaully be in the area that day and hope to see him!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014
    CSS October 2015 SOON COME!

softail19 - I think he played at the Minnesota Zoo's auditorium that night...

sonofthebeach - Ya know, Lar... I was close enuff that I coulda told him... SMALL venue! In fact, they did a Wisconsin swing that included Madison, Bayfield (Big Top Chitaqua), and Door County, and they had a big cruiser in the parking lot... I think we coulda dropped in to say hi, but his kids prolly had to get some sleep, 'cuz they were going to be headed to the Twin Cities for a Tuesday night show. April Soon Come, mi frien'!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes Chris he was at the Minnesota zoo amphitheater which is a great small venue, I think about 2000 seats. Wish we could have gone.

We saw Ziggy at the Minnesota Zoo a couple years ago, along with an opening band called New Primitives, a local raggae band. They were awesome! The zoo is a great venue for concerts... limited tickets, very intimate. We, along with some others, went down and stood (and danced) right in front of the stage for the whole concert. I was bummed that I couldn't make it this time.

About 20 years ago Ziggy used to come and play at a bar I hung out at in Denver. I danced many a Thursday night to Ziggy's music. It was WONDERFUL!!!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Glad everyone here knows Ziggy as his own man when it comes to his music... One thing I figured out after we saw him is that we have to get more of his music. Until now, all we had is "Conscious Party".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Glad everyone here knows Ziggy as his own man when it comes to his music... One thing I figured out after we saw him is that we have to get more of his music. Until now, all we had is "Conscious Party".
    Ziggy Marley will be at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta on Oct 17th!!! We already have our tickets!!!!

Only 3 more sleeps until we see Ziggy at the Centre in the Square in Kitchener, Ontario...so excited.

I missed him at Summerfest I think...

Quote Originally Posted by CindyK View Post
    I missed him at Summerfest I think...
    He was at Summerfest, so yeah... you missed him, and you missed a wonderful show! Hope you've got better luck next time... or buy the CD to ride you over.