Thread: Message Board

Default Message Board

This message board is a valuable tool Couples has in place, both for newbies and marketing. I wish they would update it at least once a day. It is one of the things Couples have that some, or all of the others don't. Some questions people ask they need answered in less than 3-4 days.
    Randy and Betsy

Yep...that's always been a source of contention.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Blog Entries

Thank you for your comments regarding the updating of the board. Please note that the board is usually updated at least 3-4 times daily on a regular basis, however we do apologize for the delays that may happen occasionally.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Default Message board

I LOVE having this message board as a resource for our honeymoon coming this Oct! It has been so helpful in planning my packing list to making sure I will have Gluten Free food selections available. And, my questions are always answered promptly Can't wait to come play!

Lisa

It is nice to see updates on the weekends as it has not happened in awhile.

The board is usally updated several times a day as i check it several times a day. Only thing I have noticed is on the weekends it is not. I understand people need off and cant work 7days a week so i just wait till monday and start reading again. I am addicted to this board.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

river, I agree with you. I am addicted to the MB too.

I check for updates all the time and get really bummed when there isn't any. But people need to realize this is a extra thing provided by Couples and to expect the moderator to always be available for daily updates is a little unreasonable. Everyone deserves a day off.
    Even Customer service departments in large companies are closed down on weekends.

Now in my make believe Couples obsessed world I would hire a second person to moderate the board on the weekend. But in that world I would also have enough money to stay at each Couples resort once a year, lol. But back to reality....

I would like to HUGHLY commend the staff members who update the message boards! They do a fabulous job! This has only been recently. While many may speak highly of the former moderator who used to moderate, his time was limited and the page was updated only every few days I think....greatly improved now. Kudos to all!!

I am a member of lots of other holiday resorts message boards and they allow you to see threads and messages the moment they are sent which means less work for the moderators so I don't see why Couples insist on vetting every message as with the time gap between Jamaica and here in the UK it can mean days before a sent message appears and any reply is received. If it's due to the possibility of inappropriate posts (which happen at times) then the moderator can still monitor the site and delete anything they see fit to.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    I am a member of lots of other holiday resorts message boards and they allow you to see threads and messages the moment they are sent which means less work for the moderators so I don't see why Couples insist on vetting every message
    Is not making a mess less work than cleaning up a mess? Debatable.

I expect the delays in the updates and they don't bother me. What bothers me, and it had nothing to do with updates, is that when I sign on after not having been on for a few days, the little icon that says there are new posts since your last visit, is not on although I can see post dates since my last visit. That means I have to hunt each post by thread and that takes a while. I always sign out and clear out my cookies, wish I could eat some right now, but I still have this issue. I was off the board from the 19th of June till the 25th of June and when I signed back in, there were no icons for new posts to threads and we all know that ain't right. Done with that, love the message board and the job the moderators and everyone else does to keep it going. Keep looking for "S' message board but haven't found it yet. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    I expect the delays in the updates and they don't bother me. What bothers me, and it had nothing to do with updates, is that when I sign on after not having been on for a few days, the little icon that says there are new posts since your last visit, is not on although I can see post dates since my last visit. That means I have to hunt each post by thread and that takes a while. I always sign out and clear out my cookies, wish I could eat some right now, but I still have this issue. I was off the board from the 19th of June till the 25th of June and when I signed back in, there were no icons for new posts to threads and we all know that ain't right. Done with that, love the message board and the job the moderators and everyone else does to keep it going. Keep looking for "S' message board but haven't found it yet. LOL.
    I think the signing out and clearing cookies may be your problem.

Do you use the "new posts" link up top? That's how I browse, as the icons do not operate as I feel they should, and I just click away until I hit something I'm sure I've already read. It narrows the scope a bit.

What bothers me is I typed "HUGELY" and autocorrect made it "HUGHLY" above .

Seriously, sometimes I don't see what's new in bold either...cookies/cache refreshed or not.

I use the thread tools to subscribe to posts I want to follow and then only have to look through the subject lines of new ones after that. They are always sorted with the newest thread/commented on at the top.

Ever notice how Trip Advisor posts can get on there, some of the not so flattering brutally honest ones, then disappear after a couple of days? I love Trip Advisor for the vast info, but wish that they allowed ALL reviews (inappropriate or offensive being the exception) to stay, good or bad..I'm not saying there aren't some negative ones on a property..but they are the minority ...and I know the deleted stuff HAS to effect the overall rating of a place....
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom