Default Any other Resort(s) like CSA?

We just had our first trip to CSA in May and it was fabulous. We are already planning our return. My question is for those well traveled people on here. Have you found any another resort's that compares to the laid back feeling that Couples offers. It was just a perfect place for us loving the feel of our Atrium room, the grounds lush tropical feel, the 7 mile beach (with no waves), the couples only, the ability to find Elvis. I could go on and on. I cant wait to return but also was curious about other resorts, not in Jamaica. I here great things about so many places (Aruba, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, etc). We are just now getting to the point with the kids getting older and having the money to travel and was looking for some pointers. We have only traveled to Cancun and Jamaica and really like the AI resorts. Thanks in advance and can't wait to get back to CSA!

While my SO and I would go nowhere other than Couples w/o our kiddos...when we take them on vacation with us, we really enjoy the Dominican Republic. We have often joked that it would be nice if Couples offered a couple of weeks a year when kids could come with their parents to the resort, but then it would lose the "magic".
    The resort in the Dominican we have found to be the most kid friendly is the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. Lots of activities for kiddos. Please remember - this does not replace your adult only vacations. Couple time is VERY important!!!
    8Days 18Hours and 45Mins unitl we jump on the plane to CSA!!!

We went to an "adults only" resort in the Dominican Republic a few years ago. We thought we'd save some money since it was much cheaper than CSA. Let me tell you, adults only does not mean couples only. There was a completely different vibe there as there were plenty of single adults looking to hook up. Nothing wrong with that if that is what you are looking for, but it was not a Couples vibe. Also the DR resort allowed tipping, and it was almost impossible to get a drink at any bar if I wasn't waving a dollar bill.

While we have found some perfectly lovely places in Aruba, Barbados, and Belize, none of them provide all of the stuff that you get at CSA. For example, we love the small resort we found in San Pedro, Belize - the rooms are enormous and provide full kitchens. However, the resort allows kids and there is no beach. Aruba has perfect weather almost all of the time (they are a desert island). But, there is only one adults only resort in Aruba, and it is extremely pricey and is not even an all inclusive. All of the AIs in Aruba are family oriented. Grand Cayman has fantastic snorkeling right off the beach, but it is enormously expensive and there are no AIs. So while CSA does not have every single thing that we love in a resort, it certainly ticks most of the boxes for us.

I have traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean . I have had the pleasure of visiting British Virgin Gorda, and St. John USVI. there are a couple of great resorts on both those islands however they are two to three times the price of Couples and they are not AI. I have found no better value anywhere in my travels then the value Couples gives.

We've been a handful of other places, no other AIs.

Turks & Caicos is amazing. Talcum powder soft white sand, perfectly calm, shallow warm turquoise/clear water. If you like Seven Mile beach, you'll love Grace Bay beach. However, the island is very condo/residential. The "resorts" there are nothing like Couples. The restaurants on the island are good, but as for local flavor, almost everything on the island is imported (as it is a salt cay).
    It made for a beautiful honeymoon, but it's no Jamaica.

Kelle,

Which atrium room were you in? Just curious....we are staying at CSA for the first time 7/12-7/17. We have been to CN twice.

Kelle, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! My Wife and I have been around, and have stopped at Swept Away. I guess We just don't need anything more!

We've found St. Lucia, Antigua, and Aruba to be very interesting and enjoyable, and all for different reasons. We have not, however, found a resort that we enjoy as much as CSA. St Lucia in particular is breathtakingly beautiful, but the resorts near the Pitons are always booked, cost more, and do not do the all-inclusive concept as well as Couples. And, it's a bit harder to get to.

kat78,

We were in the 1200 building which is the first building in front of the lobby. As I have learned, this is the older section (some say this is the best area), We loved it, very private but no view at all or partial view of the beach. I have now learned, a few of the atrium rooms have a view or slight view of the ocean. What we loved most about the atrium was the vaulted ceiling (only available on the second floor) as they have vaulted wood ceiling inside as well as the patio. Oh and the patio is amazing, I think this was our favorite thing about our room. It is huge with an outside like sofa on one side and a double hammock on the other. When we were in the room, the patio is where you would find us. Have fun, it is an amazing place!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelle View Post
    kat78,

We were in the 1200 building which is the first building in front of the lobby. As I have learned, this is the older section (some say this is the best area), We loved it, very private but no view at all or partial view of the beach. I have now learned, a few of the atrium rooms have a view or slight view of the ocean. What we loved most about the atrium was the vaulted ceiling (only available on the second floor) as they have vaulted wood ceiling inside as well as the patio. Oh and the patio is amazing, I think this was our favorite thing about our room. It is huge with an outside like sofa on one side and a double hammock on the other. When we were in the room, the patio is where you would find us. Have fun, it is an amazing place!
    Thanks so much for the input!

Default Other resort and Atrium room choice

Kellie,

Our annual trip in 2013 (before CSA) was in the Mayan Riviera. Adults only (not couples only, but mostly - with a few families with grown children) AI with good rooms, nice beach, top shelf liquor and decent mostly a la carte food.

It comes short of CSA in: no beachfront rooms with view, not as rustic, tipping, no wonderful sports complex (although small gym and 2 tennis courts), not as many inclusions.

It was however an enjoyable holiday at a lower price point. Many good reviews on TA.

As far as favourite Atrium building... if available, I would ask for 25, 26 or 27. And both floor levels have their advantages... I would be happy with either.

Thanks Inotv for the recommendations on the Atrium category, do they have ocean views??