Default What do you do in the last few days???

Hi MB friends

I remember reading a great post from Crabracer a few years ago. In it Richie talked about the routine that he and Syl had leading up to the departure day.
    I started thinking about it because we are now down to two days and a wake up til we leave for our home at San Souci
    But I know the next 44 hours will be very long...

So what do you do to survive?
    I think that they still want me to get something done today and tomorrow, but it is hard to stay focused

Soon Come.....

John

Situps, and beer!!!

I am too busy running around getting the house together for my Mom to come so she can puppy sit that I don't have much time to worry about departing. Nothing like obsessing on what your mom will think of your housekeeping to set you off on a much needed vacation....hehehe

Ok, it's a bit obsessive but I spend those lost few days laying out my swimsuit/kaftan combos and my evening outfits (complete with shoes/accessories) and photographing them on my phone so I don't have to even think about what I'm going to wear when I'm there. I just refer to my photos. There is also a lot of reggae playing in our home while I set up my Jamaica playlist. We also finish the rest of the rum cream and make Dirty Bananas. And, of course, we regularly read this board and check in on the Facebook fan groups. Interested to see what everyone else does! Thanks for posing the question!

25 days to go yay!!!!! I also can't focus at work I can't wait to be there again! To keep busy I read the boards, I look at last years photos, day dream about last year and think of what drinks I want first ( rum cream) pack and talk daily to my husband how much fun we will have!

Default What do you do in the last few days?

Read the MB regularly, go over our written packing list--double and triple checking and straighten the house so that it is clean when we return. Other than that we talk and dream about our return to Paradise once again.

I hate it...I usually have to pull a standby (on call) for work right up to the time we leave for the airport(which is so dumb because any call too late and I'll miss the flight. which I'll NEVER allow)..As if the travel time, and connection , customs, baggage, transfer to Negril and all isn't exhausting, I've usually been up all night working to boot
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

Try not to let my dear mother guilt trip me and reassure her nothing will happen, even tho her fatalistic attitude is exhausting. I told her that I refuse to be her in 30 years! lol
    I have everything in order if, God forbid something should happen, which won't.
    My dad is really my rock, next to hubby, and is wonderful in standing by me. I'm daddy's girl, after all as is my only child, who is not little, but still needs to be looked after. She is almost 10 going on 20..lol
    I am very thankful that my dad and other family members have been extremely supportive.
    As someone on this board said recently, whose name escapes me currently! I do apologize! It's an investment in my hubby and our relationship/marriage in reconnecting.
    We will be married 20 years on 8/6, which is also Jamaica's Independence. Cannot wait to FINALLY come back home after being gone since 2011!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011