Thread: Packing Advice

Default Packing Advice

Looking forward to our trip next March and I am starting to plan our wardrobes and such. I haven't flown with adult "toys" so I am a little weary of packing them for our trip although I think it will add to our experience. Can anyone offer some advice on traveling with toys to ensure they get there with no incidents? There is no way that I am going to take them carry on. I will not have that conversation at the x ray machine especially since we are traveling with friends. Thanks for your help in helping us get some add ons to the resort.

Just take the batteries out and everything will be fine.

lol @ the name cocky...
    but, yeah, i do all in carry-on and no probs, even in the backroom

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We always bring ours along. As said above, just remove the batteries.

One trip to Vegas we didn't take the batteries out and our bag began humming in the baggage hold at the airport. We were at the gate waiting to board the plane and were called to the counter. The agent put me on the phone with the baggage area and they told me the bag was humming. Knowing what it was, but trying to save dignity, I said, "Oh, my electric shaver must have come on. Just give it a while and the battery will die." Unfortunately the baggage attendant stated that no bags could be placed on the airplane while making unidentified sounds and they would either have to open it to fix the issue or leave the bag off the airplane. As we were traveling with friends and didn't want to explain why we decided to leave the bag off the plane, we put on our big boy britches and let them open it up. When we arrived at our destination the toy battery panel was opened and the batteries placed neatly beside it.

In the end just remember, these kind of items are not that uncommon these days. Especially when traveling to a romantic destination like Jamaica. While you might not want to discuss it with a TSA agent at security, don't be afraid to pack it in your checked baggage, without batteries.

We always take ours along and always hide them in the clothes. A couple of years ago, our checked bag got flagged by TSA coming back into Memphis (unknown object) and didn't make the plane ride home. Needless to say that when it arrived, our "unknown object" was placed perfectly on top of our clothes for all the world to see ��

The TSA folks must have tons of fun with these particular items...lol

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I wouldn't touch this thread with a 10 ft pole -(no pun intended ) sylvia

If you post some pictures of the items in question, I'm sure we can give you detailed advice on how to travel with them.
    Last edited by fawnridge; July 4th, 2014 at 07:26 AM.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

My wife and I both work part time doing security at various locations and major events throughout the UK and there is not much we have not seen over the years so although we may have a laugh about it after we are off duty if we find something out of the ordinary when searching bags etc I can assure you our main aim is the safety of ourselves and others and we are only looking for things that can be used as weapons or illegal drinks and drugs etc so aren't bothered in the slightest by 'personal' things as long as they don't possess a threat to other people's safety -except of course your partner ;^)

Longest run-on evah! teasing

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

In my younger days I played alot of softball and we often traveled for end of the season tournaments. Someone planted a toy in this young player's carry-on and of course, she got stopped by security. Needless to say, that was the last tournament she ever played for us!

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    In my younger days I played alot of softball and we often traveled for end of the season tournaments. Someone planted a toy in this young player's carry-on and of course, she got stopped by security. Needless to say, that was the last tournament she ever played for us!
    I don't get it. Why was it the last tourney for her? Because she didn't like you all or you all didn't like her?

Or because she had no soh! [sense of humor]

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thanks for the help. We are planning to have a great time and looking forward to enjoying the sand, water, food, drinks and the good vibrations that come from being away from the kids for a week.

"Good vibrations" Ha Ha!