Thread: Travel time

Default Travel time

Just re booked but flying into Kingston (rather than Montego Bay). Can anyone tell me how long the trasfer is to Sans Souci from Kingston please?
    Thanks for any replies.

I didn't know the answer so I googled it and the drive is 1 hour 12 minutes. In case you didn't know, Couples will only pick up at the Mobay and a taxi ride is about 80 (US) dollars plus tip. Make sure you get a licensed driver.

don't think you "get" a complimentary transfer from Kingston...
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

Default Travel from Kingston Airport to Ocho Rios

Quote Originally Posted by boucheboy View Post
    Just re booked but flying into Kingston (rather than Montego Bay). Can anyone tell me how long the transfer is to Sans Souci from Kingston please?
    Thanks for any replies.
    Couples can arrange to transfer you from the Kingston airport to Ocho Rios and vice versa for US$130 each way. This must be paid to Couples in advance. Ask the reservations office for details. We are going in October and have this arrangement with Couples for our transfers.

Nooooo !!!! The staff that live in Kingston and drive to CSA state their drive time is 5-6 hours. I would suggest changing if you can. It's already an hour and 15 min.ride from MOntego Bay. You are getting even farther away from resorts going to Kingston.

Quote Originally Posted by ppdmicwag View Post
    Nooooo !!!! The staff that live in Kingston and drive to CSA state their drive time is 5-6 hours. I would suggest changing if you can. It's already an hour and 15 min.ride from MOntego Bay. You are getting even farther away from resorts going to Kingston.
    Noooooo !!! they are going to CSS, not CSA.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by boucheboy View Post
    Just re booked but flying into Kingston (rather than Montego Bay). Can anyone tell me how long the trasfer is to Sans Souci from Kingston please?
    Thanks for any replies.
    I have made the same trip several times (Kng. Airport to CSS) and it took approx. 1 hr 50 mins) and cost $120-130.00 using the airport assigned private bus company. Have a safe trip!

Boucheboy

It depends on when you arrive in Kingston.
    We travel each year from the UK and the BA flight arrives around 5pm. By the time you clear customs its 5.45/6.00.
    The journey can take 2.5/3.00 hours at this time as the roads are busy with people going home. If you arrive on a Friday then the villages along the way are getting ready for Friday night so that can slow you down.
    Having said that the road is interesting the first few times you make the trip although once the sun sets you don't see much.
    If you arrive earlier in the day then it is as Jimsanindy says.
    On your way back I'd recommend you use the lounge, same as Mobay lounge, and have a shower etc at the airport, very relaxing and a good start to your journey.

Hi Boucheboy, we just returned home from CSS less than a week ago and we learned that the new toll highway between Kingston and Ocho Rios should hopefully be completed in a few months and would cut the travel time down to 45 minutes. So depending on when you trip is scheduled, you may have a shorter ride! Safe travels! :-)