Default Newbie Visit this Winter

My wife and I are going to visit for my 40th Birthday and our 20 Anniversary. Wondering about the AN beach at CN Do most of the people hang out there as we would like to be at that beach however would like to visit with people also. Second question is can you go topless on either beach at CN as my wife would like to be topless the whole time on the beach. What are the rules for topless at the resort in the pool ect... Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by CBLEEK View Post
    My wife and I are going to visit for my 40th Birthday and our 20 Anniversary. Wondering about the AN beach at CN Do most of the people hang out there as we would like to be at that beach however would like to visit with people also. Second question is can you go topless on either beach at CN as my wife would like to be topless the whole time on the beach. What are the rules for topless at the resort in the pool ect... Thanks,
    If you are on the Au Naturel beach, you both must be nude. Completely. No bottoms allowed. No exceptions. On the regular beach topless is allowed. However, at the pools the women must wear tops and bottoms, men must wear bottoms.

CB -
    Regarding your question about where the people hang out - when we have been to CN, the majority (90%+) are on the textile beach. We typically spent the morning on the textile side in order to play morning volleyball at 11:00 and then headed over to the AN beach right after lunch. On the AN side, while the population was less, the conversation was greater. This was especially true when you take a float and head to the ocean. On the Textile side you would almost have to bump into someone for them to say something where as on the AN side, everyone was very friendly. That at least is what we experienced.

Hope this helps.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Default Newbies.. nervous and excited

Hello all... We are also planning to visit Couples this winter. We are newbies and a little nervous/excited at the thought of going au naturel. We have suntanned naked before, but privately. From what we have seen on the posts here everyone seems to be open and very friendly. The wife is a little nervous/self conscious about her body. I am also a little nervous.. nothing a drink or 2 can't fix LOL. We both know that there is no sexual vibe to being au naturel, but I am a little worried if an erection where to pop up (so to speak). What is the protocol here?
    Thanks
    Chris and Amy

Chris & Amy.....any anxiety will go away VERY quickly. In my opinion, the best approach is to have no fear, and simply get right up in the middle of the action by the pool/at the bar right away. Sorta like easing into cold water vs. jumping in all at once. It's true that the AN crowd is more outgoing, as a general rule....and that will become apparent right away. For some reason, it just seems like it's easier to break the ice and strike up conversations when nobody has any clothes on. But it ends up being just like any other conversation...clothes or no clothes. I'm sure that the ol' woody happens from time to time, but it's really such a non-sexual environment, it's really a non-issue. IF it were to occur, however, I think I'd just ease into the pool or maybe temporarily cover things up with a towel. Hey, perhaps you could hang a Jamaican flag on it....

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_cpl View Post
    Hello all... We are also planning to visit Couples this winter. We are newbies and a little nervous/excited at the thought of going au naturel. We have suntanned naked before, but privately. From what we have seen on the posts here everyone seems to be open and very friendly. The wife is a little nervous/self conscious about her body. I am also a little nervous.. nothing a drink or 2 can't fix LOL. We both know that there is no sexual vibe to being au naturel, but I am a little worried if an erection where to pop up (so to speak). What is the protocol here?
    Thanks
    Chris and Amy
    There is a set of rings kept at each of the Au Naturel beaches. Should the unexpected happen, a ring toss game is started!

Hi again Chris and Amy,

I did reply to your other thread, but with regard to your wife's concern about her body my wife and I are both in our 70's and on the A/N beach you will see all ages, shapes and sizes. The great thing is no one is concerned about your figure as everyone is there for one thing and that is to enjoy the total freedom that the A/N beach gives you.
    Jan & John

Thanks
    Chris and Amy
    Roll over and tan your back or grab your float and head to the water.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Thanks
    Chris and Amy

I don't know, break out the ring toss? Just kidding. I know where you are coming from. A slight breeze can give me a hard one. One of the experts may have a better idea, but maybe have a towel handy for temporary coverup.

Thanks
    Chris and Amy
    Hi Chris and Amy: Now, I'm a female so take this for what it's worth, but after being at many au naturel and clothing optional beaches, and reading many boards, I can say that this doesn't seem to be a problem as much as you would think. In fact, based on what I've read and seen, it's rarely a problem.

However, that being said, if you do have this problem "come up" there are a few appropriate ways to deal with it. They are:

1) Wrap a floatie around your middle and head out to the water. Stay there until things "die down".
    2) Flip over onto your tummy.
    3) Put your clothes back on and head back to your room (preferrably with your lovely wife) to (cough) "discuss" the issue.

I personally like option #3 myself, and when my hubby has this problem option #3 is always my solution of choice.

What you should not do is lie there in all your glory or, worse yet, walk around with your "problem" clearly visible for all to see. Believe it or not, I've witnessed this personally and I've got to tell you it is distasteful to onlookers (although I should remark that whenever I've seen this done it's never been at a Couples resort; the men who visit Couples seem to be very considerate in general and most of them have a certain amount of class and sense of decorum).

One last editorial comment - although you're right that the au naturel beach does not have a sexual vibe, I've got to say that being nude on a beautiful tropical beach, having that warm Jamaican sun hit my body, and being next to my handsome, nude husband definitely does light some sparks for me. Of course, we never act on those feelings in public but it's amazing how many "naps" we end up taking. Hopefully you'll find the au naturel beach just as relaxing, and yet at the same time exciting, as we do.

Hey CA_girl_in_TX, I love your reply and I totally agree with you. It is a non-sexual environment, but at the same time partying naked all day long is definitely an aphrodisiac which requires treatment once you are back in your room. And a visit from "woody" is very unusual at the AN beach, but it does happen. I just discreetly rolled over and thought about baseball... or I saw one guy drape a towel over him for a few minutes. Not an issue.

And as far as people being more friendly on the AN beach... It's kinda obvious that people who have the guts to party naked with a bunch of strangers are going to be extroverts who have a fun-loving "live for today" attitude. We met some incredibly fun, social, and crazy party people at both CTI and CSS. Hanging around the AN pool bar is where the party happens, and where friendships are made! We can't wait until next summer
    CTI & CSS 2014

the hubby and I will be at CN this September. Trying to get the hubby to at least try the AN beach once. Tried last year at CTI and that was a no go. I think he would of had an "easier" experience at CTI with the island, the pool there and simply more privacy. I myself wished CN had a pool at the AN beach, I think even for myself that would be easier as a "newbie" to dip into the pool to talk to other folks rather than strolling up to the bar in all of your glory, as a lot of folks like to call it I also worry about the trip to the ocean, as we like to spend a good deal of time there, as there are neighbouring resorts and I fear showing up on you tube somewhere/time from anyone taking pictures. And I'm NO Barbie, that's not my point. Maybe some veterans of CN AN beach can chime in on this matter and give some advice/feed back.
    Thanks,
    Cheers

Hi CA_girl_in_TX,
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. We both like the option 3 solution ;-)

For 1st timers is there one resort that might be better (in your opinion) to try au naturel?

Chris

All three resorts that have AN are great

I think that CSS may be the best for newbies
    There is a very large beach area with loungers and palapas
    This allows nervous newbies who are unsure about the whole idea to try it out in relative seclusion
    You can be a long way away from the crowd, the pool, and the swim up bar which has a lot more people
    Many people start out there and as they become more comfortable move closer to the pool or up to the pool loungers with time

Tower island is nice in that the pool and bar are on one side and the other (the right side as you get off the boat) is a bit more secluded
    I would say the only downside for newbies is that you have to take a boat out to the island and for some that is a bit nerve-wracking
    Not the boat ride but standing on the pier waiting for the boat to take you over

Negril is nice because of the beach and definitely the best set up to float nude in the ocean
    (you can do that at CSS and CTI, but CN is the best for it)
    It has a much smaller area and is on a public beach so there are clothed people walking by at the water's edge
    the Negril AN area only has a hot tub and no pool

CSA has no au naturel facilities

So look at lots of posts and pick a resort
    Don't worry too much they are all really great and have their own charms

john

Our 1st AN experience was at CN a few years ago. Like everybody else has said the people are very friendly and non-judgemental. At the beginning of the week we would wrap floaties around us to go in the ocean, but by the end of the week, we didn't really care if anyone was watching.

Mandercat7 -

See if Mr. will read this: http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation it tends to allay many fears.

Hi CA_girl_in_TX,
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. We both like the option 3 solution ;-)

For 1st timers is there one resort that might be better (in your opinion) to try au naturel?
    Hi Canadian_cpl:
    I agree with Jed, I think that CSS would be the best resort for 1st timers. There's a good size beach so you can be off by yourself; if you feel more social you can go up to the pool and hang out there. CTI is nice because it's private but the island is a little small so sometimes all the more private loungers off to the right have been taken, so you are forced to be by the pool and be closer to other people. This is no longer an issue for me, but when I first started going A/N it was an issue. I felt more comfortable being in loungers which were a little bit away from everyone else.

Personally, I like CN's A/N beach the best. There is a lot of room on this portion of the beach so you can usually find a spot off by yourself, if that's what you are seeking. There are people that walk by but in general I didn't notice them gawking or staring at all. In fact, many of the people strolling along the beach seemed to make a concerted effort to NOT look up at us nude sunbathers. If the prospect of being viewed by textiled people bothers you, just select a lounger higher up on the beach. You'll be blocked from view due to the other loungers in front of you.

And Mandercat, don't worry about not being a "Barbie". Most of us who spend time at the au naturel beach are not Barbies (nor are the men Kens). There's really no judgment on the A/N beach, which in some ways makes being there more comfortable than being on a regular beach. Also, regarding your concern about getting photographed while on the nude beach, rest assured that Couples security will immediately step in if somebody pulls out a camera or appears to be taking pictures with their phone or i-pad. I wouldn't worry about being caught on camera. For me, I have a professional position in a very conservative town in a very conservative state, so if nude photos of me were posted on the internet it could mean the end of my career, but I'm so confident that Couples security won't let photos be taken that I don't worry about it all. Also, I figure that since I'm not a "Barbie" nobody is going to want to take photos of me :-)

For those of you are considering trying A/N, I say do it! I've gotten to enjoy nude sunbathing so much that I now seriously dislike wearing a wet, sticky bathing suit. In fact, when planning our vacations we now actively look for resorts that have an A/N option.

cclanc, thanks for your advise, we have read many threads there.
    Ca_girl_in_TX, thanks once again...you make things sound so easy!!! Time will tell......
    Cheers