Thread: Wife concern

Default Wife concern

My wife and I want to try the AN island when we go. She is young, attractive, and has a nice body. Understanding that its a couples resort and most people are respectful with their significant others present. There is still nerves that she will be "checked out" and possibly one of the only younger females there, making her stick out. Is this a common feeling?

In all honesty, she wouldn't be "checked out" any more there than on the textile beach, probably less. Everyone is human, but I don't think she would notice it there. We are not of the "younger" crowd, and we usually go to CSS, but the day we did a trade and were at CTI, there were plenty of the younger crowd there. You can do just as many (including my SO and I the first time) make a pack to try it, and then if one or the other does not feel comfortable, you will leave. Chances are you won't leave. Have fun.
    Linda

It's a common feeling for about the first 30 seconds. Then when you undress and see that no one is paying attention it quickly goes away. There will be all ages, all sizes and all levels of "attractiveness". No one cares about any of it.

Not sure about how young attractive females feel, since I'm not one. However, when we were at SSB last year, there were multiple younger attractive females there. Do they get "checked out"? I'm willing to wager that most people are going to be "checked out" in some fashion during their visit to an AN facility. People "leering" or doing anything else to make her feel uncomfortable is highly unlikely. Once you arrive and undress, most people feel very comfortable right away. Within a short period of time, you really don't realize you (or anyone else) is naked; it just becomes that comfortable.
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Are people going to look at your wife, sure we all look its normal. But the great thing about Couples is its for Couples, So the people there are with the one they love and poeple really don't care if your beautifully fit tone and tight, beautifully round squish giggly with scar and stretch marks, or some were in between. Everyone is welcomed.

Thanks for the reassurance! Please do not take any offense by my term "younger being attractive" its not my intent nor is it generally true. I look forward to trying it and my wife gets more open to the idea daily. Hope we muster up the courage! Sounds very enjoyable and relaxing. once you feel comfortable in your skin that is. Thanks!

No offence taken fella. I see exactly where you are coming from. You see, my wife, to me, is stunning in her birthday suit and I guess I might have worried about people ogling when she first disrobed at SSB. I didn't, but then she is 51 and by our age and after a few minutes of being nekkid it becomes obvious that however your body looks is of no real consequence to others on the beach or around the pool, only to your pre-conceived ideas of how society believes we should be. Go do it, it'll make you restructure some of your core beliefs and the idea of communicating with imperfect people (most top models have some body issues, we are all imperfect in some way) will be an eye opener. I did the AN thing in my twenties in the South of France and it was FANTASTIC! I was so happy that my wife was also comfortable enough to join me at SSB. Once you are naked it is only your personality that makes you either nice to be with or someone who others wish to avoid. Go enjoy each other, naked or otherwise.

When we were on SSB there was a variety of ages. Try it the first day, don't wait. If not your cup of tea at least you tried, but if you wait and finally go you might regret not going early. My wife was like that and going tomorrow ad will be spending all our time on the AN beach

Just don't make the same mistake we made. We waited until the last day to go over to the island. Afterwards we were so mad at ourselves for not going over the first day we were there ! There is not a doubt in our minds if we had we would have gone over every day for at least a little while. It is a great way to make new friends. Naked people are the greatest !

Get over it. I'm going to celebrate my 51st birthday and feel I look as good as or better than most of my kids Friends who are 20-22 years old LOL

It really isn;t about how one looks - its about how comfortable one can be in their own skin.
    ... it keepsh me shane

My wife an I visited both CTI and CSS this past summer on a split stay, celebrating our 25th anniversary. It was our first time at an AN resort. Yes, we were nervous at first, but we are SO glad we tried the AN area on day #1. We went back to the AN area EVERY SINGLE DAY of our vacation! We partied with young newlywed couples, and older couples who have been married much longer that us... and everyone in between! You and your wife will fit right in. We had a freakin' BLAST with every couple we met regardless of age! Everyone was so nice, and it was so much fun, it's hard to explain. You just gotta try in. Once you go, you'll know (as they say... it is true!). We especially had fun with the younger couples we met because we are both young at heart, but also because we have kids who are in their early 20's, and it was very cool to hang out with young couples who are in the same stage of life as our kids. We can relate to (and keep up with) you young bucks!
    CTI & CSS 2014

Default The AN Experience

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    It's a common feeling for about the first 30 seconds. Then when you undress and see that no one is paying attention it quickly goes away. There will be all ages, all sizes and all levels of "attractiveness". No one cares about any of it.
    We were at CTI this month and went over to the 'island' on the first day and almost every day after. It was such an enjoyable and natural experience and we are not teenagers.

I am sure once we are there and able to adjust to the fact that we do not have cloths on we will both be more comfortable. Its nice to know how open and judgment free everyone is regardless of size, age, ect. Perhaps we will be even able to venture to the pool side eventually. Thanks again for the information.

You / She will never want to sit in a wet bathing suit again. she will feel totally comfortable and you will meet some of the nicest people in the world. it is such a non threatening comfortable environment, you will be like the rest of us and want to book next years trip immediately. And when you get to the textile side for dinner etc....you will still hang with your island friends...

Quote Originally Posted by island14 View Post
    My wife and I want to try the AN island when we go. She is young, attractive, and has a nice body. Understanding that its a couples resort and most people are respectful with their significant others present. There is still nerves that she will be "checked out" and possibly one of the only younger females there, making her stick out. Is this a common feeling?

My wife and I went for our honeymoon in May.... Me being 40 and her being 30, she was definitely a minority on the isle...and she is in very good shape. I can honestly say that she did feel uncomfortable a few times, from other guys looking. So we just went to the side opposite of the pool and enjoyed our time alone.

I think you will find that the vast majority of people that visit the AN sections at Couples are not there to oogle others in their birthday suits. They are there to spend time with their significant other, to meet new people, and to relax in the sun wearing nothing.

Keep in mind though, that there really is no way to control what type of people are going to be visiting the Island or the AN beaches at any given time, so there are bound to be times when someone is there who really isn't mature enough to be in the buff. And by mature enough, I'm talking about being respectful enough to not oogle. It's entirely natural to notice, but I think it's naive for people to say that NO ONE oogles, because it does happen. It's unfortunate that it does, but that's the nature of our society. For the most part, we are taught to cover up, and that's inherently going to lead to curiosity because seeing people in the nude is not something that most people are exposed to on a daily basis. Some people just can't help themselves. And then you add alcohol to the mix, and sometimes people's sensibilities go out the window.

Are there going to be people who notice someone who is dedicated to their fitness, and/or are supermodel-esque? Of course there are... But, the vast majority of the people who visit the AN section aren't there for that.

My wife and I have a running joke about this kind of thing: The first look is natural. It stems from our natural curiosities, whether it's due to attractiveness, tattoos, piercings or even scars, everyone will have a certain level of curiosity about someone in front of you in the nude... The second and any consecutive looks after that is just creepy, so unless you want to come off as the creepy person on the beach, take a quick look, smile, and then go back to enjoying the sunshine.

We've been to all 4 properties, and spent all of our time at the AN sections (except at CSA of course), and found that the age group always varies, as do personalities. We've only had once instance where we were made to feel uncomfortable because of this kind of thing. Even then, it wasn't something that we allowed to ruin our trip, or even our day at the beach.

The husband spent a bit more time noticing my wife's piercings then would be acceptable. His wife noticed him noticing, she got mad, left the beach, and he followed. Neither of them returned to the AN section for the rest of time that we were there. Everyone else had a good laugh about it, so if it DOES happen, take it with a grain of salt and remember she's with you, not him.