Thread: Back from CSS

Default Back from CSS

Happy holidays to everyone.

My wife and I are back from CSS and we had a fantastic time!

I used this board to ask a bunch of questions leading up to our vacation and thought I'd at least post a response now that, sadly, the vacation is over in part to share our experience, in part to help other AN newbies.

We split our time on the AN and textile beach.

I'll start with the AN experience. We were pretty nervous let me tell ya. We headed over to SSB late in the morning and had plans to sit to the right where I had read it's more secluded. But the right side, while away from the pool and most of the AN action, was also right near the beach entrance and non AN people were coming and going along the road throughout the day which didn't really make us feel too comfy, so we sauntered over to the middle of the beach, found two chairs and undressed.

Just sitting in the loungers, under an umbrella nude was by far the most enjoyable part to us. When we wanted a tan, we simply found an empty lounger in an open area and let the sun warm our bodies. I have to say that sun bathing and swimming nude were nice feelings on the body.

Soon after arriving, we had to use the washroom. So, up we walked. At first, as newbies, you feel like you should be doing something with your hands, like covering up or holding a towel or something. But then you just embrace it, hold your head up high and walk on over. I'm not going to lie, it was tough to do, just letting it all show for the world to see. But, as time went on, it got a lot easier.

Long story short, we enjoyed our time on the AN side but we're not sure if we're converts. I read a lot about what to expect here but it's something you really have to try to understand. We don't regret it and may do it again. That being said, here are some observations for those on the fence:

Nobody cares/looks etc...: I don't think anybody really cares that you are nude. But people certainly look. I don't know if it's because we were on the younger side (mid-30s) but as soon as we walked to the washroom, people sitting at the bar turned and checked us out. When we went swimming folks also gave lingering glances, some longer than others. We didn't really care since we made the decision to go naked and you kind of have to live with the reaction. And to be honest, I glanced at others too, who wouldn't? But I just think newbies need to realize that it's not like people ignore you and don't check you out because they do. Also, it was mildly off putting to see two bartenders, two security guards and a maintenance member all clothed and all hanging out at the bar watching guests. Seemed to be a lot of staff coming and going as well.

Beach behaviour: To the one guy who was asking if his wife's single friend could go to the AN side I say this, I don't think anyone would even notice. Seriously, you couldn't tell who was with whom. I'd say, from our time there, at least 80 per cent of the couples did their own thing and were by themselves. One partner would be in the pool, walking the beach, tanning in the sun, swimming, at the bar, doing activities etc.. while the other remained alone in a lounger. There was an indication, on this board, that couples had to be side by side to be there. Not so in our experience. Nobody cared that a man or woman was alone or gave it a second thought.

Covering up: To all those worried about this issue, I say don't. People walked to the washroom/pool/resto with towels hanging in front of them, wrapped around their bodies/waists. Some covered up while tanning since there was a cool breeze or to block the sun. And nobody said a thing about it.

Beach/pool: The AN beach is deeper but isn't as long as the textile side (it does however wind on for miles, though you'd have to cross off property to walk it). The AN pool is also smaller and the bar and restaurant are not as big/nice as the textile side. The swimming was awful. Rocks everywhere and not even water shoes helped. Never saw one person go swimming on the AN side the entire time we were there. We tried but gave up.

People: Some lingering gazes and long stays from resort staff aside, we felt no pressure to do anything from ANers and found most people to be friendly. Really, most just kept to themselves. There were all shapes and sizes and private parts were shaved and hairy.

In the end, it was a fun time for my wife and I. We don't regret a thing. And to those who are considering it for the first time be respectful but don't get hung up on the right/wrong things to do and all this code of conduct stuff you can sometimes read here. Like I said, people were pretty much acting as they saw fit and doing what they would do on a clothed beach only this time they were naked. And nobody seemed to have an issue with any of it.

Thanks for sharing your personal observations. It sounds sort of like you two enjoyed your vacation? Sometimes I get the impression people put way too much thought into this subject and actually ramp up anxiety! This is an absurd thing to do! Getting naked and relaxing on a tropical beach under palm trees is supposed to be a fun opportunity, probably an unlikely experience you will have at home? We know there are people freaked out by the idea of nudity, to each his own.

We've enjoyed nude beaches but we are not "nudists". We do it because it is FUN to do something like that on a vacation 1 million miles from home! We will also confirm the AN crowds are 110% MORE friendly than the textile beaches! We are healthy, in good shape and not ashamed of our appearance. If I am on guard for who might be checking me out I might construe any glance my way as untoward! But when I relax and just enjoy the moment of being around friendly strangers, sharing the joy of vacation life, my guard goes down and it's bliss!

I agree, there were times the staff was overloaded at the AN bar. Most time, one bartender, one lifeguard, one security guard was enough. If crowds were bigger maybe another bartender and one lifeguard for the beach and one for the pool. There were usually from 10 to 20 couples on the AN side during our stay and a few mentioned they felt uncomfortable that five or more male staff stood at the bar or grill from time to time. Most were newbies that my wife heard complaints from. We know the staff and enjoy them and are comfortable but it was an issue that we heard brought up. Maybe there needs to be a comfortable spot to the side the staff can relax til they are needed. One of those darned if you do darned if you don't things.

I have never responded to any message or made a comment although I have been to all Couples resorts over the past 7 years.
    The comment about being in their 30's and therefore the entire bar crowd turned to look bothers me a bit.
    I am 53 and spent 2 weeks at SSB in October and every time I walked to the pool area for a drink, people looked at me/my wife.
    Lose the ego- had nothing to do with age, body type or appearance- even if you had clothes on and walked into a bar, people would naturally acknowledge your presence. It has nothing to do with age or looks.

My wife and I hung out with a group of 6 who were in their 20's on a wedding trip and no one complained about being looked at from others at the pool or bar. It appears to me that you were way too self conscience.

I felt a bit the same about the staff on our first trip to CSS/SSB last year. This year, I didn't notice it at all. I'm pretty sure now that it was just me being self-conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    I have never responded to any message or made a comment although I have been to all Couples resorts over the past 7 years.
    The comment about being in their 30's and therefore the entire bar crowd turned to look bothers me a bit.
    I am 53 and spent 2 weeks at SSB in October and every time I walked to the pool area for a drink, people looked at me/my wife.
    Lose the ego- had nothing to do with age, body type or appearance- even if you had clothes on and walked into a bar, people would naturally acknowledge your presence. It has nothing to do with age or looks.
    I agree. If you were just in your trunks and your wife were wearing a bikini, and some people at the bar watched you walk by, would you be uncomfortable? Should it be any different when you are naked? Like Tremolo summed it up, naked people pretty much behave as if they had clothes on, except they put a towel down on the seats (hopefully).

Default Totally Agree with CTI fan

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    I agree. If you were just in your trunks and your wife were wearing a bikini, and some people at the bar watched you walk by, would you be uncomfortable? Should it be any different when you are naked? Like Tremolo summed it up, naked people pretty much behave as if they had clothes on, except they put a towel down on the seats (hopefully).
    I totally agree. I think it's a common newbie misunderstanding of the situation. It's a misunderstanding that I had myself when I first started going A/N. It's human nature to turn to look when someone walks by. It doesn't matter where you are or what the situation is - it's just human nature. For example, when I'm at work and I walk past the receptionist's desk, she'll look up to see who is walking by. It doesn't mean she's "checking me out".

However, when you are nude around strangers for the first time, it's probably also human nature to interpret other people looking at you as you walk by as them "checking you out". After a couple of times of being nude around others, the realization usually dawns that nobody is checking you out, it's just normal for other people to look up when someone walks by. Most people eventually realize that this occurs no matter what that person looks like or what they are (or are not) wearing.