Default Newbies trying to decide

Hey all, my wife and I are a mid 30's couple and are planning a couples resort trip for our 15 year anniversary and are having trouble deciding the place. We had a few questions for you all. I know these questions are answered in various posts but I thought I would try and simplify it for us in one post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1- is there any night life at CSS? Not looking for a huge party just a little music and dancing or something. Which resorts (in your opinion) have the best night life and why?

2- we both are looking forward to the AN beaches, but also if we wanted to just be topless on the main beach side, the wife doesn't want to be "the only" topless woman on the non-nude beach. which resort (if any) has a large part of the guesting going topless rather than full suit?

3- are there particular resorts that closer age ranges tend to gravitate too? IE. 30-50, 40-60, 50-60. Not that it matters just looking for a bit of commonality.

4- is there a more social resort and a more reserved resort?

5- which resorts have simplest access (proximity) to off resort night life?

6- our anniversary is in June. Are the resorts packed in June due to all the weddings?

7- Is there months to avoid going (again in your opinion) either because of too many people or hardly no people?

Thanks in advance for the help we are really looking forward to going to Jamaica.

J & C

I can only speak to CSS and CTI but...

1 - there is night life at CSS. It may end around midnight or so, but most nights can be fun.
    2 - No topless at CTI (unless thats changed) except on the pier. A few couples took advantage, but not many. We didn't see any topless at CSS.
    3 - Not really, depends on the crowd. It may tip a bit younger on the Negril side based on who we've seen in the Couples lounge at the airport the last few trips, but there were all ages at CTI and CSS. I will throw out that there that we usually see more people in their 20's and early 30's than mid 30's to mid 40's. We think this is due to that trying to vacation without your kids is difficult.
    4 -CTI seems more social than CSS. I think its more because CSS is spread out with lots of places to be alone and CTI a lot of the activity was at the beach and swim up bar.
    5 - CTI and CSS are cab rides from Ochi
    6 - haven't been there in June
    7 - We've been in Aug, Sept and OCT (usually cheaper) and its been between 70-90% occupancy I'd estimate each month.

1. CSS does have some nightlife but CSA probably has the most with a Disco that stays open late.
    2. CSS has the best AN but not too much topless but you never know depends on who is there.
    3. All ages at all the resorts, no trends that I have see.
    4. The AN beach at CSS has the best social people.
    5. CSA is the closest to night life off resort.
    6. It really does not matter.
    7 No trend that we have seen but we have only gone in August and December trips.

Hello J & C!
    We'll do our best to answer your questions so as to help with your dilemma. So, here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by firejj View Post
    Hey all, my wife and I are a mid 30's couple and are planning a couples resort trip for our 15 year anniversary and are having trouble deciding the place. We had a few questions for you all. I know these questions are answered in various posts but I thought I would try and simplify it for us in one post. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1- is there any night life at CSS? Not looking for a huge party just a little music and dancing or something. Which resorts (in your opinion) have the best night life and why?
    - Yes, there is a night life at CSS. Other than the Beach Party and Starlight Gala there is "Showtime" up at the Balloon Bar Terrace each evening. The best night life goes to CSA with a disco and sing-along with Ulitmate Chocolate.
    2- we both are looking forward to the AN beaches, but also if we wanted to just be topless on the main beach side, the wife doesn't want to be "the only" topless woman on the non-nude beach. which resort (if any) has a large part of the guesting going topless rather than full suit?
    - That's going to be hit and miss at all of the resorts (depends on how many women want to)...except for CTI that has a designated "topless area" at the end of the pier.
    3- are there particular resorts that closer age ranges tend to gravitate too? IE. 30-50, 40-60, 50-60. Not that it matters just looking for a bit of commonality.
    - Not really. You'll find a pretty varied age range at each resort with none having a particular "age pool".
    4- is there a more social resort and a more reserved resort?
    - Each resort is as social as you want it to be. CSA, CN and CSS, in that order, felt the most "social" to us with CTI being the least.
    5- which resorts have simplest access (proximity) to off resort night life?
    - CSA would have the simplest access (walking distance) followed by CN, CSS and CTI. That being said getting to night life by taxi isn't far, or expensive, from any of them.
    6- our anniversary is in June. Are the resorts packed in June due to all the weddings?
    - We've only been there in April-May so will have to hope someone else can answer this one.
    7- Is there months to avoid going (again in your opinion) either because of too many people or hardly no people?
    - Again, having only been there during a certain period we can't really give an answer except that during that period we haven't seen it overly crowded/empty at any of the resorts.
    Thanks in advance for the help we are really looking forward to going to Jamaica.

J & C
    You're welcome and we hope this gives you something to work with on making your decision. The good news is that no matter which Couples Resort you choose you can be ready to experience the time of your life. Have a great time at whichever one you guys choose to visit!

Bart & Bug

we are going "home" may24 - 30 2015 If there isn't a nitelife at SSB we can reserve it for about $10 each person minimum 20 people I think.

bcoffman2@gmail.com