Hybrid View

Default AN only resort...one can dream right?

We wish Couples would make an AN only resort. We love the couples "family" (staff), we love going to SSB. What would make it more complete would be the ability to wake up, leave your clothes in your room, go to breakfast, then spend the day at the pool/bars/beach au naturel! We've heard there are resorts that offer this experience, but wouldn't want to leave the Couples chain.....if only.....
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

I've looked at some of the other resorts you mention and researched them a bit. Some we won't ever go to because they are "lifestyle" resorts - and not the sort of lifestyle my wife and I want to participate in. There are a couple we might visit but they seem to be a bit higher priced and/or in locations that are less desirable to us. There are a couple in Jamaica that are either partially or wholly as you describe, but we haven't worked up the courage to go to them yet - we just love CSS and SSB too much! There have been rumors for years that the peninsula might be purchased and used for the AN end of CSS but I've never seen any real progress towards that happening. It is nice to dream though....

I'd heard the one resort we had thought of going to for a couple days in conjunction with the CSS trip might be closing, not just undergoing renovations....dreaming here again...but it would be awesome if Couples bought the resort and added it to their "family" of resorts. I agree, we aren't into the "lifestyle" either, so are hesitant to go to some of those resorts. There are some in Mexico, but not a place I really want to spend a 10 day vacation, and they are higher priced. Short of them making CSS all AN, the closest compromise would be them putting a block of rooms and restaurant on that peninsula and making a whole AN section of the resort.....anybody from Couples listening? LOL
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

There is currently one resort in Jamaica that fits this description and allows 24-hour nudity throughout the resort...we have been there, it is fine if being naked is the most important thing to you. However, the Couples resorts that we have been to have been much nicer than the resort in question.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
    There is currently one resort in Jamaica that fits this description and allows 24-hour nudity throughout the resort...we have been there, it is fine if being naked is the most important thing to you. However, the Couples resorts that we have been to have been much nicer than the resort in question.
    We really enjoyed the atmosphere at SSB. We've never been to any other resort...period. Our one trip to CSS and a couple "vanilla" cruises are the extent of our vacations. We love the staff we encountered at CSS, we enjoyed the food (way better than a cruise), we enjoyed the friendly people at SSB, can't say enough about our experience at CSS! We love CSS so much, don't think we will ever venture out to any other Couples resorts. Just in a PERFECT world, Couples would have a resort that was completely AN. We'd NEVER vacation anywhere else, LOL!

Did I mention we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CSS??? LOL

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

If you are fans of SSB make sure you check out this post if you haven't already: http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php/27377-For-SSB-Fans A private, secret FB group for SSB lovers!
    Last edited by michaelg; July 14th, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

We would love a full AN resort also. We tried to book the resort that is under renovations, during the renovation period, so that didn't work out. We will be back to CSS and SSB in November but also prefer not to have to be dressed to get there. Clothes are so overrated for vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick Lisa View Post
    Clothes are so overrated for vacation!
    Agreed! We want a clothes free, kids free, stress free vacation!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick Lisa View Post
    We would love a full AN resort also. We tried to book the resort that is under renovations, during the renovation period, so that didn't work out. We will be back to CSS and SSB in November but also prefer not to have to be dressed to get there. Clothes are so overrated for vacation!
    Which resort are you referring to? If not the name what does it start/end with? We love CSS as well and would feel like we were cheating a bit by going elsewhere.

Thanks, we're already fans of it!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Well, It starts with N......and there is not an ending letter.....
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

We really like the Couples Resorts experience.
    Having a complete AN Couples Resort with all access to the resort, would be FANTASTIC!!!

Default How about AN managed weeks at CSS?

Quote Originally Posted by SDcouple09 View Post
    We really like the Couples Resorts experience.
    Having a complete AN Couples Resort with all access to the resort, would be FANTASTIC!!!
    I am wondering if CSS has an idea of the percentage of AN vs. "textile" guests at any given time? I am wondering if it would be worth them designating certain weeks every year as resort-wide AN weeks. Maybe every other week, or every third week, etc. These calendars could be published well in advance and guests simply chose the week they wanted to attend. In doing this, they may grab some market share from some of those resorts that do offer 100% AN. I agree with everyone so far that I would not want CSS to become a "lifestyle" resort. I enjoy the level of class that CSS retains, which I feel would be impacted if the place were to allow PDA.

Quote Originally Posted by M&L View Post
    ...designating certain weeks every year as resort-wide AN weeks. Maybe every other week, or every third week, etc. ....
    Nice idea but the issue I see with that is quite a few people travel mid-week to mid-week and have a narrow time window as to when they can go. What if the all or part of the time that you could go would be the AN time and you were a textile only guest? I think this could have a real negative impact on resort attendance.

One thought I have is that I've heard Couples may develop the point between SSB and the main beach at CSS. What if the rooms in this area were somewhat isolated (shielded) from the main beach so you could just be AN from your room to SSB? Not sure if this would be feasible as our first trip to CSS is this year.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013 and 2015
    CSS 2014

Confused.com What are ones expectations of an AN only resort? I rather like the dressing for dinner thing and frankly I would imagine most people would. What would one do in an AN only resort that can't be done at CSS? Presumably it is the walk from your room to the beach? Grabbing some lunch is possible at SSB so the need to travel to another restaurant would be surplus to requirements. Naked sports - SSB if required.

I think that a fantastic resort such as CSS may well be ruined by the AN only option. I rather like ladies in beautiful dresses and sparkly shoes and perhaps the thought of everyone being nakes whilst inside a restaurant choosing what option from the buffet may be a little too far.

I am interested in knowing what AN'ers expectations are in an AN only resort. How would it work? Personally i think that the idea of 'clothing optional' leads to a freebie for gawkers and that just makes everyone uncomfortable as it is no different from a man (or woman) visiting a girlie bar to see nakedness but without the gyrations! To be frank, it's probably worse as one knows that lads in a girlie bar are there for one thing only. The CO beach gawker is actually 10x worse!

Any thoughts?

Murtle, I pretty much agree with you. Being able to spend the whole daylight hours at the AN beach is plenty. The weather cools down in the evening, and the idea of eating dinner at a restaurant in the nude isn't really appealing. And you are right....would they enforce AN only or would it be CO?

A couple advantages I see are it would be so much easier to do carry-ons only, and it would be much more convenient to get to nude hot tubs.

The only advantage I see is when we are applying lotion all over our bodies first thing in the morning, then being able to walk straight to the beach without clothing. This would be really nice.

We hatted getting all lotioned up, putting our clothes on for the short walk (or boat ride at T.I.) to the AN area, then taking clothes off again and reapply lotion because we were afraid the clothes absorbed or rubbed off the lotion. Sound familiar?

However, there are some good points brought up in this thread about the downside on AN only resort, and I'm not sure if the little bit of convenience for me is worth the risk of changing the dynamics of the resort at CSS. It's pretty close to perfect the way it is.
    CTI & CSS 2014

Having been to the AN resort mentioned beginning N and also another resort in Negril that had an AN section we can say that neither of these compare to Couples. They are simply not the same standard.
    We also are lucky enough to regularly visit AN resorts in Europe. These resorts are strictly AN from morning until 8 pm other than the restaurants where clothing is mandatory (except the pool bars). We agree with Murtle, it is nice to dress for dinner, so for us CN is perfect, the AN beach during the day then shower and dress for dinner. Also in my opinion a well dressed body is far more attractive and sexy than a naked one!

Default Other Pools lack of activity

Just returned from first CSS/SSB experience , have two thoughts about more AN areas.

A nice tree lined walkway from A/B rooms to SSB & some AN time slots for some of the other pools. Never saw anyone use the pool below Casanova & boy did it look appetizing. If that was AN or CO for couple of hours each week, I'm sure it would get more use. Same for mineral pool.
    Last edited by MJandCS; November 28th, 2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typo

My wife and I visited San Souci in 2012 and loved the whole experience. In 2013 we spent a week at a resort in Mexico that was a small (42 rooms) AN addition next to a large clothing only resort. It was very liberating and enjoyable to spend all day free of clothing. One of the most enjoyable offerings at this resort was a day long "nude cruise". We did take advantage of the neighboring resort for a nice "dress up" dinner. We are returning to Couples this coming July where we will spend four days at Nigril and four at San Souci. I do wish Couples had a similar offering to the one in Mexico.