Default Room "perks" at CTI?

Please excuse if this is a repeat question, nothing turned up in a search.

Hubby & I are thinking of visiting Jamaica in Sept. and Couples looks most attractive. I'm leaning toward CTI because it includes all the excursions we want, not a lot of walking (hubby's request), and the AN beach is separate (I have no desire to see all that skin).

My question in this: in looking at the rooms, mainly ocean view, is there a difference in what you get? I've seen at some places that when you upgrade the room, you get wifi included, mini bar stocked with top shelf, concierge service, private check in/lounge, etc. Is this the case at CTI? If not, what are you paying extra for? Just trying to figure out the difference, since the pictures look very similiar.
    Thanks for your help. Any other suggestions to 1st timers would also be appreciated!

They treat everyone the same. All restaurants are open for everyone. They have a really nice repeaters dinner on Monday nights for returning guests.

At CTI book a minimum of Deluxe Ocean to get a great view. The difference in price is just the location of the room. Our first trip to CTI we paid for Deluxe Ocean and loved our room but wanted to try the another building and we paid for Premier the next time. We were in a different building on a different floor but not really that far from our room the previous year.

Nope! That's what attracted us to couples...everybody's equal. Money doesn't make you more important. Each room description under booking lays out exactly what's included. I believe all rooms at CTI have mini bars, room service and wifi. No need for fancy check-in or reserved beach/pool chairs....everybody is checked in quickly and there are plenty of chairs to go around. I was very turned off by the fact that the other brand let's people pay for better treatment and the "cheap rooms" are viewed as lower class. The difference in price is for the view. Garden view is cheaper than ocean. I can't speak to the difference between ocean categories exactly (likely the quality/angle of the view) but the junior suites and suites give you more room and the luxury of both a jacuzzi and shower. To sum it up: every guest is treated equally fantastic and receives the same "perks". You pay for the view/size of the room, not your level of importance.

The difference is the view and where the room is situated.

Great post Mills8413!
    Also, think about how much time you actually are in your room?
    What is most important to you/hubby?
    As I always tell hubby, I'm a cheap date...lol. He loves the area of CSA, even tho it is more pricey, which is actually where we came our very first visit.
    Imho...there is no bad room in all of the resorts....granted when we first were at CSA we got a stellar Atrium suite, but were super lucky!
    Have fun and don't fret.
    Another reason why we like CSA is the non-AN aspect.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

If you book lowest category at CSS...Ironically, this is the C block with the fewest rooms, and could possibly be full, which means a potential room upgrade...This is what happened to us when we went...although it's never a good idea to "count" on that happening.
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

For our honeymoon, we booked the most expensive room. We barely spent any time there. We're going back in a few weeks, and we booked the cheapest room. The cost difference just isn't worth it, in my opinion. If an ocean view is a big deal, then maybe it's worth it to you. For us, we spend the entire day on the beach, looking at the ocean, so a room with a non-ocean view is actually a nice change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by blady View Post
    My question in this: in looking at the rooms, mainly ocean view, is there a difference in what you get? I've seen at some places that when you upgrade the room, you get wifi included, mini bar stocked with top shelf, concierge service, private check in/lounge, etc. Is this the case at CTI? If not, what are you paying extra for? Just trying to figure out the difference, since the pictures look very similiar.
    As has been stated above, there is no difference in what you "get" with the different room categories. The only difference is location on the resort, view and possibly size of the room. At CN for example there are two sizes of rooms, suites and non-suites. The non-suites are in three categories based on view and location but all the rooms are the same and come with the same amenities. Once you are checked in, no one on the resort knows if you are in the most inexpensive or the most expensive room. Thus everyone is treated the same.

Hope this helps.