Thread: Calgon...

Default Calgon...

Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the Calgon "take me away" commercial, but I feel like that today. I need Couples to 'take me away'. I'm having a very frustrating day and needed a break from it so I came over to the message board. It usually cheers me up and helps out with the rest of the day, but today is a bit different. I have employees I need to hire and can't find any and I have other pressing issues at hand in running the company that are stressing me out. I don't just need a look at the message board, I need Couples to 'take me away'. Soon come...52 more days to my Couples Calgon commercial.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Juliann,

Really, you can't find employee's in this crappy economy. I was out of work recently for 6 month and could find nobody to hire me. Finally, I start my new job on Monday July 21.

Barry

Coloradojulie,
    I remember!!! We have 99 days before we have our next Calgon moment I check the MB 2 or 3 time daily knowing I am not alone. Something that helps me is usually thinking about the Jamaican Lullabies provided by the frogs! Take deep breaths to make it through your day today trying to only complete the most necessary of your work tasks and focus on your countdown! Get out your favorite Jamaica sundress when you get home. Pur your favorite Reggae mix in the player. Work will still be there tomorrow, besides, you cannot solve everything at the same time. Couples soom come!
    Peace, Love and Respect!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

I remember those commercials, and I feel your pain.

I just started a new job 6 weeks ago. The company has more issues than they led on during the interviews. It's up to me to fix it. I'll be a hero if I can do it.

And if starting a new job isn't stressful enough, we sold our house and are building a new one. My wife, daughter and I just moved into an apartment, short term, while they build our new house. The apartment is smaller than the finished basement in our old house. We'll either become very close or kill each other over the next 6-7 months. Packing, cleaning, purging and moving was a pain, but at least the old house sold and charity received lots of donations of household items.

Life is good, but stressful. I've literally lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks without trying. I wasn't all that big to begin with either.

A Jamaican getaway would be greatly appreciated at this point.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

52 for us, also. See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember the Calgon "take me away" commercial, but I feel like that today. I need Couples to 'take me away'. I'm having a very frustrating day and needed a break from it so I came over to the message board. It usually cheers me up and helps out with the rest of the day, but today is a bit different. I have employees I need to hire and can't find any and I have other pressing issues at hand in running the company that are stressing me out. I don't just need a look at the message board, I need Couples to 'take me away'. Soon come...52 more days to my Couples Calgon commercial.
    It is amazing how Couples can make you relaxed and "take you away". We arrive at CTI on Friday, July 6th and can't wait to relax.
    Hang in there your trip will be here soon! 🌴🌞

Loved that old commercial!

To pass the time until our next trip (37 more days) we listen to our Silver Birds CD!!! Oh...and read the MB daily...or check out YouTube for videos of our favorite place!

Hang in there...you'll be "home" soon!

Oh How I had a Calgon take me away moment two days ago. There was a major storm brewing so I decided to leave my parents house and head back to my sisters house where I am puppy sitting for 2 weeks. Mind you this is on a small county road. I got about a mile away from their house and the storm hit with tornado force winds. I came upon a downed tree on a small country road. Could not pass and could not turn around at that point. I had to back up in the storm and finally came to an area big enough to turn around. Then I go about 2000 feet and another tree falls right in front of me across the road.

OMG! I just about died, literally, right there. After I gathered my wits I was able to get a cell signal and called 911. They had to send the fire department to get me out from between the two downed trees. I finally got home 2 hours later from what is normally a 20 minute drive.

I don't think I actually calmed down until about midnight. Then of course Mom is saying "I told you not to leave there was a storm coming"....LOL

Yeah I am ready for a nice relaxing stay at CN in about 42 days!!

LOL That is exactly the reason why I chose my screen name
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Fluffin, how awful! Poor thing! Where do you live???

At least you had your cell with you and were rescued! Whew...take a deep breath and remember...CN is a few weeks away! Enjoy!

BTW...Moms are always right!