Default AN CSS vs CTI, questions

Let me start by apologizing for all the questions to follow. We are experienced nude travelers having been nudists for many years and visiting several nude resorts. We have never been to a Couples resort. We are thinking about visiting CSS or CTI. Main reason we are considering a Couples resort is they appear more upscale and reasonably priced. Our number 1 priority is the nude facilities. We would prefer to leave the room nude but as long as we can enjoy most of the day nude we are willing to give Couples a try. Reading through the forums it seems CSS has a bigger nude area then CTI. The idea of the island, being separate from the textiles is intriguing. The negatives we see about CTI is its small, pool is small and 1 bathroom. Also, there is concern that the island can be closed or hours changed for events(wedding). Is there a place at CTI for nude use (hot tub or pool) in the night after the island closes? It seems at CSS guests can return to the nude area at night and use the facilities, is that true? We are looking for as close to a nude resort feel as we can find...thinking CSS is closer to a nude resort feel do to its size and ability to use facilities in evening(if permitted). Is the beach at CSS swimable? Does not sound like CTI is swimable at all??? Are there towels provided in the nude area of CSS? What about umbrellas at CSS? How many and where are the bathrooms at CSS? I am sure we will have more questions but I think that is enough to start. Thanks.

We've stayed at CTI 10 times or so, and have visited CSS three times in the "trading places" deal. Based on your description, it sounds to me as if CSS may be your best bet. Obviously, we love CTI and the island, but to ensure that you can maximize your au naturel time, CSS is probably the way to go.

We have never been to CTI, but highly recommend CSS (been there 4 times).
    The beach at SSB is quite large and the pool/bar/food/hot tub area is very nice. Some people don't leave the pool area and some don't leave the beach. The lunches at SSB are good, so there is really no reason to leave during the day. At the pool area, there is one washroom for men and one for ladies. They are kept clean and lineups are not a problem.
    SSB is separate from the main beach so there is no 'exposure' to the textiles.
    SSB is au naturel only during the day, but after 5pm is open to everyone. Most AN people move to the pool area after 5, when others can come to the beach to enjoy the sunsets. There is no requirement to leave or dress at that point.
    Unless there is an official party going on in the evening at SSB (maybe once a week), the facilities are available for AN all night. I've seen people using the hot tub and pool AN at 6.30 in the morning and at midnight.
    At SSB you can be as social as you want in the pool area, or if you prefer solitude there are many places on the beach where you will be left alone.
    I for one enjoy the ocean at SSB. It is a bit cooler because of the river flowing in, but I prefer that. Many of the stones have been cleared out in the last year, so it is very swimmable. A lot of people wear beach shoes in the water-its Jamaica so you can run into sea urchins.

CTI has no nude after dark. Use your room beach towel. Css is swimable but can be cold due to river outlet next to it. CSS has palapas. One male and one female bathroom at CSS. YOu will like CSS better than CTI but you can do both since you can do a trading places day if you become a Romance Rewards member.

There is a thread called Sans Souci vs Tower Isle... We just returned from visiting both resorts a couple weeks ago. My comparison is at the bottom of the thread. From what it sounds like you are looking for, I believe you will prefer CSS (Excellent AN facilities). Based on our experience, we would probably give the edge to CTI (Good AN experience, but better nightlife, entertainment, and overall vibe). My best recommendation is to do a split stay and experience a few days at each resort! PS: Bring water shoes!! They are needed for swimming AN in the ocean at either.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-vs-Tower-Isle
    CTI & CSS 2014

Thank you for your answers. They confirm what we were thinking and leaning toward CSS. we will probably book a stay in end of June 2015 and do a day visit to CTI to try it out also. Does the trading places cost anything extra? Anyone been to these resorts in June time frame? We know it's off season but wondering how crowded it maybe that time of year. Also, has anyone ever tried the dolphin cove experience? Worth the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by ncouple View Post
    Thank you for your answers. They confirm what we were thinking and leaning toward CSS. we will probably book a stay in end of June 2015 and do a day visit to CTI to try it out also. Does the trading places cost anything extra? Anyone been to these resorts in June time frame? We know it's off season but wondering how crowded it maybe that time of year. Also, has anyone ever tried the dolphin cove experience? Worth the extra money?
    We Stayed at CTI from June 25 -29, then CSS from June 29 - July 6. It is my understanding that both resorts were only about 2/3 occupied. Summer is their slow season. It was nice not having any issues finding shade and it was pretty easy to get reservations to restaurants and such. Sunset beach is a very popular place and lots of folks hung out there. Especially in the afternoon. But still, not overly crowded. Trading Places does not cost extra, but you have to sign up for Romance Rewards (which is free).

We had such a great time that we may see you there next year! Late June Early July.
    CTI & CSS 2014

Thanks for the info. Sounds great. We are booking CSS for June 27 - July 4 2015 so we will probably run into you if you are there

Well, ncouple, you are making the right choice. We are on the way to our fourth trip to CSS and we absolutely love it. It is less 'hotel-like' than CTI and the dining areas seem much smaller and more intimate. We took a day pass to CTI and were home soon after lunch. We couldn't get to the island as it was closed and the dining area (self serve) was just like a massive canteen that might be found in a holiday camp (good food though!). To be fair we loved the rooms overlooking the sea at CTI and we could easily see that this would be a fantastic draw to someone comparing CSS with CTI but there were no huge balconies (in the block we looked at!) and the place seemed less friendly than CSS. Lovers of CTI will come on and say that CTI is the most friendly resort but I would hazard a guess that this is because the resort is a bit more 'spring break' than I would like. Chaq'un a son gout, I suppose, as they say in la belle France!

I absolutely must caveat these comments with the fact that we wholeheartedly accept that people like different things and that the alleged intimacy of the island is what many love about it (I couldn't comment because we couldn't try out the AN at CTI, it was slightly windy!). Many say that the best food is at CTI. Well, the food at CSS is also excellent and, let's face it, we aren't dining at a michelin starred restaurant so perhaps our food assessments also fall in the 'different strokes for different folks' bracket.

In essence I suspect that whichever resort we choose to visit first will always be our 'mother resort' (much like the masons have their Mother lodges but can visit others!) but I can assure you that with CSS and it's SSB, you will not be disappointed. Visit CTi and let us all know what you think!