Default CSA: Photography and hair for a wedding

New to this forum and excited to say that I will be getting married at couples swept away next april. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me advice on how the salon is for hairstyles and also how the photography is. I have been reading that some people actually hire a photographer outside of the resort and also a hair stylist. Does anyone have any advice when it comes to these things?

Name:  IMG_20110307_123930.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  277.5 KB
    This picture is from 10 years ago and I would highly recommend the salon. We got married at 10 am and it was very warm at that hour. My hair looked great (I thought ) but I've got fine hair and after the ceremony, my hair kind of wilted in the heat somewhat, no fault of the salon. She tried to talk me into an updo but I'm not an updo gal. We are renewing our vows in 2 weeks and will be using the salon again, not sure what I'm going to do this time.
    As far as photography, we used the resort photog and was fine with it. The packages were alot cheaper back then. Couples charges 500 for an offsite photog to come on property and some of them will help you eith that cost. I've seen really nice pics from both and just me, Im using the resort photog again this time. We plan on purchasing just a few pics if that's possible. I do highly recommend the dvd though, it's my prized possession and very well done.
    Congrats! You will have an awesome time and if you have questions or you would want a few pics of csa, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    Last edited by softail19; April 6th, 2014 at 07:23 PM.

Kristin, I also have a friend who got married there last fall and I know she would be happy to share her pics and experiences with you . She doesn't frequent this board as much as I do but she had a beautiful more recent wedding.

Default Photography

Quote Originally Posted by kristin4127 View Post
    New to this forum and excited to say that I will be getting married at couples swept away next april. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me advice on how the salon is for hairstyles and also how the photography is. I have been reading that some people actually hire a photographer outside of the resort and also a hair stylist. Does anyone have any advice when it comes to these things?
    Hi Kristin!

We are going to be married at CSa in June of next year!! It him it all depends on what you're looking for. The resort photos are beautiful, but definitely on the pricey side. Look at the packages and see what works with your budget. Because it will be just me and my fiancé, photo and video were most important. We decided to hire an outside photographer and videographer. . I did a bunch of research on photographers in the area if you are interested! congrats!!

Thank you so much for posting your picture.
    Thank you so much? I would love to be able to get In touch with her. Any information will help

We are using an outside photographer. As for the hair, I've got the same question about using the salon! It makes me nervous!!

It is about $70 to have your hair done in the salon, a bit pricey but they do a great job considering they do several weddings daily. The gal who did mine was named Carlene and I just loved it, worth every penny. They schedule you about 2 hours prior to the ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by jennsego View Post
    We are using an outside photographer. As for the hair, I've got the same question about using the salon! It makes me nervous!!

My wife used the salon at CSS for her hair when we did our vow renewals last August. I thought she looked incredible andd she was very happy with the hair stylist. I can ask her for more details if you're interested. You can see the pics at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5821453&type=3.

Hi I got married at CSA 5 weeks ago & I went to the spa to have my hair & makeup done, it cost $110 for both. It was a lovely relaxing time and they did an amazing job, I loved the way she did my hair. Here are some pics.
    Sue
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  211.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  190.5 KB

I just got married May 15, 2014. I used the salon (totally recommend because the humidity was SO bad I couldn't curl my hair WHATSOEVER!! They use special products). I used the resort photographer Cecil and he was wonderful. I'll try and post pics. But, it's easier if you email me-jmawag@aol.com and I can send pics. CSA is my favorite place ever!! Michele

We were married 8/9/13 and Colinette did my hair and makeup. I was totally pleased and did not feel a bit of anxiety when she was done with me. I would recommend her to anyone getting
    married at CSA. No complaints and truly satisfied.

Name:  IMG_0681.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  301.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0692.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  281.3 KB

Wow!! so beautiful pictures. My friend is got married at csa last year. I have seen her pictures which is truly amazing. I must say its elegant place to plan a perfect wedding