Default August 2014 Couples Negril

My husband and I just booked a trip for August 2014 for our 1 year anniversary. How is the weather in August?. How much for excursions from this resort? How much money do you usually take or do you put everything on a card? I've been reading a lot online about housekeeper stealing money. We will be there the 1-6.

Much appreciate it!

First off, housekeepers have never taken ANYTHING from our room and we have been 7 times. Weather will be very warm to very hot but we love it. Go to Mayfield Falls for a really good off site trip. We take about $300 US but usually bring half back depending on what souvenirs we buy.

I have not experienced that at all while at CN, On our last trip we left money out on the night stand a few times and it never moved. As a matter of fact one time a $20 bill was moved and the table wiped off and the bill put right back in its previous location.
    As for how much we bring about $400 in cash for a 9 day trip. Weather is as follows a afternoon shower may happen, temps mid to upper 80's may get in the 90's. Go with a positive attitude, forget most of what you have seen on trip adviser and you will love your stay there if you let yourself. My wife and I will be there the same time as you, we land on the 30 of July and are there untill 7 Aug

We usually bring around $300 in cash and usually end up bring half that home. It all depends on how many excursions you plan on doing. If you plan on using a credit card be sure to notify the card company what dates you will be there. Some will shut the card off if they suspect possible identity theft.
    As far as staff theft, like others have posted, none for us either. And, believe me, we gave both housekeeping and nightly turn down ample opportunity. I couldn't tell you the number of times I (we) left the safe open with cash, kindle, jewelry, expensive camera & lenses etc. and we were never missing a thing.

Usually theft from a room, and it makes no difference where you are staying, is not done by the cleaning people, or in most instances even employees of where you are staying. The theft is usually done by someone taking advantage of an opportunity of the door being open and the cleaning person either not in the room, or at least not visible to the entry way into the room. It is a crime of opportunity and employees not being aware of what is going on around them. I know I am stupid at times when traveling and will prop the door open while I go down the hall to the ice machine just so I don't have to fumble with my key when I come back. People do look for those type of opportunities as well. I am no saying it does not happen at Couples, but in 9 trips we have left valuables out by mistake and have left money out, and nothing has ever come up missing. Heck we leave kindles and Ipads on our loungers, in a beach bag or under a towel, when we go for a walk or to eat and have never had an issue at Couples. Not saying it couldn't happen, but don't be so quick to blame the employees. Is good Mon!

Housekeeping staff would never take a thing! If you are worried about that though, or would feel better about bringing certain items, there are safes in the room for your use and you choose the combination. We have been in August. Weather is great in my opinion and very little rain, if there is rain, it is short lived and clears up fast.

Great advice here. No worries!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thank you so much! We can't wait.