Default The movie Couples Retreat

My hubby and I had a date night tonight and went to see Couples Retreat. It was soooo good. It made us even more excited about our upcoming to trip to our Paradise Couples Negril! We highly recommend this movie to all you love birds, it's a good reminder of how we should be treating our honeys.

Really? It didn't remind us of Couples, or Jamaica, or anyone we know - we don't know people like that.

We thought it was silly and full of "forced humor" and it lost it's momentum early on.

Too bad, since it had the potential to be much better. Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau are usually so funny too.

The reviews scared me away even though I love Vince Vaughn.

We enjoyed it. Although my first response to the resort they were at was I much preferre CSS which has much better scenery.
    Linda

We saw this movie last night. We both thought it was really funny! Before we went I said it will probably make us want to go to Jamaica, but it didn't remind us at all of Jamaica. At any rate, we are already booked for April 2010.

We thought it was kinda sophomoric and rather dumb. Pretty scenery (people and ocean). Plot was really dumb. Writing was subpar. It's nothing like Jamaica. Filmed in Tahiti though. And we like(d) the cast and Peter Billingsley, Director. (Remember him from A Christmas Story with his tongue stuck to the ice-cold post? Darren McGavin and the "sexy" fishnet leg lamp? You'll put your eye out with that BB Gun?) Same kid grown up.

Bilkat

Quote Originally Posted by Bilkat View Post
    . . . .Peter Billingsley, Director. (Remember him from A Christmas Story with his tongue stuck to the ice-cold post? . . . .
    I thought it was Flick, not Ralphie, who got his tongue stuck to the flag pole (and on a triple dog dare no less).
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Ya got me there Pamela. Guess I'll have to wash my own mouth out with soap!!!!

pamela is right. I own a copy of the movie

Darren McGavin was a family friend. But, Pamela is still right. Sure miss him.

Bilkat

It was Flick.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

We went to see this movie on opening weekend and really enjoyed it. Some of the funnier scenes were omitted to get the PG-13 rating though. We left the theater smiling and that's the kind of movie we prefer! I refuse to watch reviews b/c people have different tastes.

The wife and I saw this last night. We loved it!! Great movie for young to middle aged couples. Fun for all. The resort is St. Regis Bora Bora. Looked very nice on film, but I would not pay $1500.00 per night to stay there. Goes to show you how good we have it at Couples. 44 days until we get to re-connect. Can't wait!!
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann

We thought it was fun and a great way to enjoy the evening together!!! 31 days and counting till our feet land back in Jamaica!!!

We went to see this movie on opening weekend and really enjoyed it. Some of the funnier scenes were omitted to get the PG-13 rating though. We left the theater smiling and that's the kind of movie we prefer! I refuse to watch reviews b/c people have different tastes.
    I so agree about the reviews. This is on our list to see.
    A couple of weeks ago we saw The Informant with Matt Damon. The critics in the local paper raved about the movie.
    It was the worst movie I ever saw. And usually the one that the critics hate I love!!!!

My girl and I saw it on Monday, we enjoyed it... although I wouldn't say it was awesome by any means, but we laughed a fair bit throughout it.

I'm more of a Zombieland kind of guy.
    nobody's favorite poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_Joe View Post
    And usually the one that the critics hate I love!!!!
    Same here! I only trust the reviews of friends and family. I can't wait to see Couples Retreat! Bora Bora is on my bucket list so even if the writing is bad I get to look at nice views for a couple hours!

Did anyone notice how blue the water was in that movie? At first I thought, the water in the Caribbean in not that super blue, but I am looking online at pics and some of my old pics of Jamaica and it really is. That made me want to be at CTI as soon as possible...

We saw it last night and really enjoyed it. There were some really cheesy parts, but overall it was pretty good. My husband even leaned over and told me he is ready to go back to Jamaica when he saw the first shots of the Bora Bora resort.

Default Movie

The wife and I had a couple of drinks before the movie, I dont know if that made it better but we both laughed alot. It did not remind us of CSA but it did make us want to go back that much more.

Zombieland Wooo Hooo! going to see it this Saturday.

We went to see Couples Retreat also!! Hilarious!!! Granted, we had lots of beverages on board after a night out without the kiddos, but it really made us laugh. 34 more days until we return to our paradise, CN!!!