Hybrid View

Default Vow Renewal Minister/Officiant

We need some advice about our upcoming Renewal. What is the customary fee/donation/gift that you would give to the minister who performs the service?? Not sure what is acceptable. Thanks for your help!

25th Anniversary CSA Aug.19th

My honey tipped $50 because he didn't tip anything 10 years ago and he felt bad!

I gave him $40 (two twenties) when were married in 2013.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    I gave him $40 (two twenties) when were married in 2013.
    I think he would have preferred four $10s.

Think about what you'd normally give for that service if you were at home. Consider it a "love offering" and give what you feel would be appropriate for the services provided.

We tipped $50
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

For our vow renewal last year we tipped the minister $50. We had forgotten to bring money with us to the ceremony (due to the jitters, I guess), so we told him we'd leave the tip with the wedding coordinators the next day. Luckily, the next morning when we went up to the wedding coordinator's office to leave the tip, we saw our minister there! He was getting ready to do a wedding. So we were able to tip him in person. I guess the moral of this story is, don't let the pre-ceremony jitters get to you; remember to bring the minister's tip money with you to the ceremony.

We tipped 50 for our wedding in April......
    soon to be Mrs. Rogers