Default What to bring the kids?

I'd like to help out the local children or the kids section of a local library. Does anyone have thoughts on this? I've heard it suggested to bring school supplies but really don't have any idea as to what would be most beneficial. Or should I get something fun as a kids watercolor set? I love the artwork at the airport and just want to help out some how. Also who at the resort would I leave such items? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pens, pencils, paper, notebooks are good to bring. Just leave the items with the front desk staff and they will get them to the school.
    Irie Mon

we bring coloring books, crayons, pens, erasers, jump ropes, playing cards, reading books, etc..

we usually just give some each day to the maid.

We normally go to SweptAway in the spring months... but we always try to have a stack of young elementary children's books in our checked luggage, along with some school supplies (paper, pencils, etc.). There is the obvious benefit to the sponsored school of your favorite resort to consider. A side benefit is the fact that, in doing so, you automatically have room in your bag(s) for coffee, souveniers, rum, etc. for the trip home.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"