Default Traveling in June...

Hi All!

Will someone be really honest and please tell me...is the month of June usually pretty wet & thunder stormy? Is there anyone that has been to Negril or has come back from CSA/CN and wish they had chosen another time of the year to go? Next June will be our 4th trip to Jamaica (2nd time to Couples) however, we usually travel in November/December. I would like to hear a comparison between those two times of the year.

I can enjoy and make the best of pretty much anything. However, we are bringing back with us numerous couples, and I want to make sure that their first time will be as amazing as ours.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I have been to Jamaica twice and both times were in the month of June. My husband and I were married at CN in June 2006. We love the weather during that time of year and are most likely going to return next June. It does rain almost everyday, but it does not last long at all. We usually use that time to shop, relax, or eat lunch.

Been there late May /early June on 5 occasions - twice to Negril - three times to Ocho Rios. The weather was great each time, sure you get some rain on many days, but its only for an hour at most - no problem. We're going again to CTI next May/June.

We went our first time ti TI in June and it wasn't a problem at all. The first day we had a light sprinkle and it got cloudy a lot thru the week but nothing else happened.

We were just there from 6/14-21. The skies were overcast every day after 2:00 or 3:00 and there was a stormy period each evening around 4:00 or 5:00 (always beautiful again by dinner time). We wouldn't have minded a little bit more sun, but even that small complaint seems to large after such an amazing week. The weather did not ruin it, for sure. June in Jamaica was amazing.

Thank you all for your responses, they are very much appreciated & I will share them with our travelling buddies!
    Last edited by Jamaican Wifey; June 30th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.

Hello I just got back from CSA and we had NO RAIN, seriously, we went for 6 days too. One day it looked like it was going to rain and then it went around us and sun came back out. Only thing that I didnt like in June were MORE BUGS SO. That being said we are going to book in April now.

Good to hear Janeinpenn!

What type of bugs? In Nov/Dec, we had only ran into small problems with the sand fleas after the sun goes down. ..which wasn't too bad, we usually bring the lil' OFF wipes and are fine.

Sand Fleas were BADDDDDDDDDDDd for us in June. Even the staff on the FRiday show used my OFF on the table they said they were biting them so... Just bring OFF or 100% DEET and you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    Sand Fleas were BADDDDDDDDDDDd for us in June. Even the staff on the FRiday show used my OFF on the table they said they were biting them so... Just bring OFF or 100% DEET and you will be ok.
    Interesting that. We are making our fourth trip to CSA next June and we have had no problems with the weather. We had a vow renewal on the beach in '05 for our 25th anniversary and the weather was great. A little cloud cover rolled in and made the hot afternoon bearable in our dressy clothes. (we should have worn swim suits like our "guests", but that is another story) Anyway, the only bugs we ever had a problem with was mosquitoes, and the were surprisingly not all that bad. I have heard stories of the sand fleas being bad, at any time of year. But honestly, we have never had a problem with them. And we spend ALL DAY on the beach. Just the same, bring some bug repellent.

June is a wonderful time of year in Jamaica. Nice and hot. Occasional rain storm, short and sweet. Then out comes the sun and all is great again. Evenings are warm, days are hot. Plenty of sun.

Something to keep in mind about Jamaica in June. You will not be able to get lobster for dinner, or any other meal. It is lobster mating season and they allow the little critters some privacy from end of April to end of June. So if you were looking forward to a fresh lobster dinner, sorry. But buck up, there are lots of other great things on the menus!

We had lobster with our dinner on the beach last week and it was June, it might had not been in season but it was incredible. They had lots of other seafood on the bars in the day to try also.

The bugs even though were horrible would NOT keep me away even if I would go back in June, which I am not going in April hahaha but still, I guess it just effects certain people so bring just in case and hope you are someone that doesnt get bite. I wish i was that someone but I wasnt. Still had a GREAT time even looking all dotted up and itchy.

Got back from a 14 day stay June 2nd to 16th 09. The mornings were hot then around midday or so it would cloud over but no drop in temp. Some times it rained hard other times fine rain but never for long. The cloud cover was welcome as we would have stayed in the sun and burnt. However, a tip for you. When it rains dont stay at the beach bars to long. On our 2nd day it rained and 4 of us went for cover at the sunset bar. We started drinking around 3pm. The next thing I knew I woke up on the bed at 1:30am. We missed dinner and cant recall what time we got back or how we got back to the room for that matter. And our friends did the same. I blame Rashard, Kevern, Julius and Kareem as they poured the cocktails lol. Plus watch out for the mosquitos when it rains, they tend to like the bars then also.

ETF

[QUOTE=Janeinpenn;3478]We had lobster with our dinner on the beach last week and it was June, it might had not been in season but it was incredible. They had lots of other seafood on the bars in the day to try also.

Maybe a change to the rules? Could be. I apologize if my information is either dated or wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

ETF

We did that once, except we ate dinner (according to our friends) and don't remember it LOL

Hey Dirtleg, when in June are you returning? To CSA?

[QUOTE=dirtleg;3593]
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    We had lobster with our dinner on the beach last week and it was June, it might had not been in season but it was incredible. They had lots of other seafood on the bars in the day to try also.

Maybe a change to the rules? Could be. I apologize if my information is either dated or wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Lobster is out of season April 1st thru June 30th
    way to honor the rules much respect !!!
    folks going in june please observe the jamacian law about lobster season it is in effect for a reason.... enjoy

Returning on June 15, 2010 to CSA, our first trip back since 2007. This will be our fourth trip to CSA and we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary, we can't wait.

Yeah, that's the seasonal information we got for lobster. We have never had a lobster dinner on any of our trips, all in June. Mating season for the little guys ya' know. Guess they need some privacy.