Default Room Question- Sans Souci

Hello,

We are looking to book a room at Couples Sans Souci. There is only a $60 in total difference for our booking between the Deluxe Ocean Verandah and the One bedroom suite ocean view. Does anyone have any feedback if one room is better then the other, seeing how it is only a $60 difference.

Thanks,
    Justin

DEFINATELY go for the one-bedroom suites. The Ocean Veranda room views are nowhere near as nice. As well, it is nice having the separate large sitting area. If one of you wants a nap, you will not bother them.

We love the one bedroom ocean suites but wouldn't turn down the Ocean Verandah. Both have nice size balconies and great rooms. We've found that we spend more time outside of our room, running around the resort/laying on the beach, so usually choose the lesser and save the money for something else (excursion). For us the balcony on either is the draw as we like to sit out there in the morning, enjoy breakfast and the view.

It's funny to read the differing opinions... We started in a one-bedroom ocean suite which was in building "F" (F-4) just above the lobby. It had a HUGE living room but a small balcony, and an obstructed view of the ocean (large palm tree in front of us). Also, it was just above the nightly entertainment at the Balloon Bar pool / stage which was loud, and quite frankly, the talent was "average" at best.

After a few nights, we "downgraded" to an ocean verandah in G-block. This room had no living room (but who cares... why do we need a living room?), and it had an ENORMOUS private patio with a spectacular view of the ocean... This was the best "downgrade" I have ever had.

Note: G-block is the highest building on the resort, and our room was on the third floor, so we were WINDED by the time we got to our room. But in our opinion, the large balcony and the spectacular view was absolutely positively worth every extra step
    CTI & CSS 2014

We always do the One-bedroom and request "G" block... the best of both worlds!!

Thanks everyone,

We booked the One bedroom ocean view room. I will make sure to request block G, when we do the pre check in.

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
    It's funny to read the differing opinions... We started in a one-bedroom ocean suite which was in building "F" (F-4) just above the lobby. It had a HUGE living room but a small balcony, and an obstructed view of the ocean (large palm tree in front of us). Also, it was just above the nightly entertainment at the Balloon Bar pool / stage which was loud, and quite frankly, the talent was "average" at best.

After a few nights, we "downgraded" to an ocean verandah in G-block. This room had no living room (but who cares... why do we need a living room?), and it had an ENORMOUS private patio with a spectacular view of the ocean... This was the best "downgrade" I have ever had.

Note: G-block is the highest building on the resort, and our room was on the third floor, so we were WINDED by the time we got to our room. But in our opinion, the large balcony and the spectacular view was absolutely positively worth every extra step
    We stayed in the same room when we there at the end of May..I wish we would have known about downgrading...We had the same complaints as you did...BTW, did they ever fix the leaking air-condition in the front room?

The size of the verandas depends on the building you are in. We only stayed in D when we had the ocean rooms. We did both the ocean veranda, and the one bedroom ocean. We had the same size balcony in both rooms. However, those who have been in G block seem to have the larger balcony. If you don't like the area you are in, you can ask to be moved. It will depend on the occupancy of the resort at the time, but they do their best to make you happy.
    Linda

We have stayed in a beachfront street and one bedroom ocean suite and requested G block. We fell in love with the G block!!! It was amazing we head back in September for a 10 day stay!!! We requested G block too or D block hoping for G we loved being able to sit on our patio and listen to the entertainment it was a little hike but so worth it! The only reason we also asked for D block was to be a little closer I know the views are different but hoping for G block! Only 55 days!

All I have to say is that last year we moved (happily) from a one bed ocean suite in D block to a top floor verandah suite in G Block. The sitting area in the D block ocen suite was tiny and to be honest it was far too claustraphobic for us. We opted for the cheaper room and used the covered balcony as our sitting area. Let me tell you that we have now asked for the same room in October as it was perfect (all in our honest opinion of course!). Room G15a - best views in the hotel and a very large balcony that is not overlooked

We may not be lucky enough to have our request fulfilled but we are giving it a go. Let's hope!

Nuff said..........

Quote Originally Posted by JOE SCHMO View Post
    We stayed in the same room when we there at the end of May..I wish we would have known about downgrading...We had the same complaints as you did...BTW, did they ever fix the leaking air-condition in the front room?
    I did not notice the air conditioner problem, so they must have corrected it. I'm glad to know we are not the only one's being fussy about that room in F above the lobby... We just didn't care for it. Although, if you were going to throw a party, that room had plenty of space for you and all your friends to spread out!
    CTI & CSS 2014