Default Ideas for 2nd time return

We stayed at CN in 2010 and LOVED it. Trying to plan a trip for Feb. Really loved everything about our first stay but are debating to try a different couples resort, go back to CN or try a different country. I wish they had couples resorts in other countries besides Jamaica so we could try something new. I love the quaint, personal feel and don't want another mega resort again after doing Cancun for our honeymoon. Any suggestions to sway us either way?

Pictures are the best way I know, if you'd like a few of CSA, email me at clemonssara40@gmaim.com

Csa...

If you loved CN and want to return then that would certainly be a viable option. We've been to each of the Couples Resorts and find that each has its own personality. That being said...it doesn't hurt to try something new knowing that you'll get the same quality of stay at each one of them. Something we do is a split stay between two resorts on one side of the island...starting with the resort we're least familiar with/prefer less (there's no such thing as a bad Couples Resort) and wrapping the stay up at our favorite. This gives the opportunity to go back to what one loves while exploring another. We've tried visiting Cozumel and found ourselves gravitating back to Jamaica...not only because we like the Couples Resorts but because we love the people. Hope this helps with your decision!!

Why not try CSS. Different side of the island, different tours, completely different feel from CN.

[QUOTE=rdevers;248917]We stayed at CN in 2010 and LOVED it. Trying to plan a trip for Feb. Really loved everything about our first stay but are debating to try a different couples resort, go back to CN or try a different country. [/QUOTE

If you are looking for something "different", why not go to Sans Souci or Tower Isle? This way you will see the other side of the island, will be able to take part in the Dunns Falls excursion but will still be able to enjoy all the things that make Couples, well, Couples.

Nancy
    CTI - 2013
    CN - 2015

We stayed at CTI first, then stayed at CN for our 2nd trip to Couples. We really, really loved CN. When I was booking our third trip I was very tempted to return to CN but I decided to take a chance and I booked CSS instead. I didn't think that anything would compare to CN, but CSS did! I can't say which one of those two resorts is my favorite, they are both exceptional! I'm about two months away from my 4th Couples trip and it's back to CN for us. However, on our following trip (5th trip) we'll be back to CSS. So, my advice is to take a chance and book CSS. You may just love it as much as you loved CN. We did!

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Pictures are the best way I know, if you'd like a few of CSA, email me at clemonssara40@gmaim.com
    I am staying at CSA for my honeymoon in July 2015. I tried emailing you to get pictures but it was returned. Is that your correct email or could I give you mine? I would love to see picture

Quote Originally Posted by CJRR View Post
    I am staying at CSA for my honeymoon in July 2015. I tried emailing you to get pictures but it was returned. Is that your correct email or could I give you mine? I would love to see picture
    Try @gmail.com (not @gmaim.com)

We have been to CTI, CN AND CSA, as well as most of the Caribbean,Mexico and Hawaii. We are returning to CN in just 22 days for 9 nights. In Jamaica CN is our resort of choice followed by CTI.

Another favorite spot is St.Lucia and Roatan Honduras. [B][/B

There is nothing wrong with returning to CN if that is what is calling you. We have learned it is nice to explore all options...eventually.

Try CSS. CN and CSS are our favorites. We swap back and forth each year. We are headed to CSS for Couples trip #11 in November. We love what each has to offer and enjoy the change of scenery. We love catching up with staff friends also.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    We stayed at CTI first, then stayed at CN for our 2nd trip to Couples. We really, really loved CN. When I was booking our third trip I was very tempted to return to CN but I decided to take a chance and I booked CSS instead. I didn't think that anything would compare to CN, but CSS did! I can't say which one of those two resorts is my favorite, they are both exceptional! I'm about two months away from my 4th Couples trip and it's back to CN for us. However, on our following trip (5th trip) we'll be back to CSS. So, my advice is to take a chance and book CSS. You may just love it as much as you loved CN. We did!
    CA_girl_in_TX, we went to CTI last year and are returning again this year because we loved it so much, but decided to book CN for next year to try a different place. Frankly from what I've seen in the pictures and on line, I'm afraid it won't be as appealing to us as CTI with the ocean views not being as good, fewer restaurants, room service limited to only a couple of room types and I thought I saw somewhere it has to be requested the day before, but that seems a little far-fetched, so I'm really hoping that's not the case. On the other hand, the pool looks nicer and there are more bars and I'm sure the food quality and service will be comparable. There are a lot of people that have stayed at both CTI and CN, so there must be some differences that have sold people on CN. Would you mind telling us what you preferred at CN over CTI? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman799 View Post
    CA_girl_in_TX, we went to CTI last year and are returning again this year because we loved it so much, but decided to book CN for next year to try a different place. Frankly from what I've seen in the pictures and on line, I'm afraid it won't be as appealing to us as CTI with the ocean views not being as good, fewer restaurants, room service limited to only a couple of room types and I thought I saw somewhere it has to be requested the day before, but that seems a little far-fetched, so I'm really hoping that's not the case. On the other hand, the pool looks nicer and there are more bars and I'm sure the food quality and service will be comparable. There are a lot of people that have stayed at both CTI and CN, so there must be some differences that have sold people on CN. Would you mind telling us what you preferred at CN over CTI? Thanks!
    For us if thy could take CTI And place it on the property of CN that would be the perfect resort.
    The beach is much nicer at CN, as is the pool. The water sports team is heads above the team at CTI, if that is important to you.

We also like the beach bar/grill at CN. Both resorts are awsome and I struggle each year to which resort. CN usually wins because of the beach.

Love both CN and CSA. I play tennis now and prefer CSA.

We have a long standing rule to never repeat a trip destination. That said when in Jamaica we have been to other resorts (20 years ago , CN when it was brand new and last year CSA! We like Cayman, Aruba, ST Kitts, St Lucia and Cuba. But.........we come back to Negril because:

1. The beach
    2. The water

We come back to Jamaica because from Charlotte we can get there by 10;30am and be at the restsort by about 1:30. Have lunch, and be in room by about 3. Gives us about 2 hours on the beach.

I have not been to Ocho Rios yet. We are returing to CSA this fall with another couple and breaking our rule!! Why?

1. The beach
    2. The water

We like the chill not glossy feel of the open air Beach Veranda and the Tennis. The pool is of no consequence because:

1. The beach
    2. The water

The pictures of the beach at the other resorts are nice but its a different type of beach. Not being Nudies CTI has lower appeal and CSS looks nice but its a hotel style resort and while its really nice, we loved the beach front veranda and the chill that came with it. We prefer small-boutique style hotels and willing to give up some ammenities. With CSA, at the price point they charge I feel I get that given the low densitiy of older section. In November we never felt crowded.

I guess when we list our priorities the choice gets easy. I can upgrade to ocean front and stay in budget. At CSS the views look to be great at that price point.