Thread: Bees at CTI?

Default Bees at CTI?

Hi all,

My husband and I went to and loved CSA (our first Couples experience) last summer and are very excited to be going to CTI in a couple of weeks. Last year at CSA there were certain areas of the resort that had a ton of bees (the Beach Grill, Sea Grapes and the beach bars). My husband is severely allergic, so I was wondering if there are areas with similar issues at CTI? Of course we'll bring his epipen regardless, but any heads up about certain areas that he needs to be especially careful in would be wonderful.

Thank you!

-Kat

We were at CTI last year and never saw any bees, but we didn't spend much time in the garden areas, which are behind on the resort if you consider the beach side to be the front. We walked through there to check it out, but that was all. I don't recall seeing any then. If you spend your time on the beach, pools, bars, and restaurants you'll be fine. Other than the garden areas there aren't a lot of places you might find bees. In case there are bees there you may want to pay a little more and get a room that isn't garden view, or if you get garden view, ask for one on a higher floor when you arrive. They most likely can accommodate such a request in August since it will probably be at 50 - 70% capacity at that time of year.

asisani -

You will most likely find bees at the bars and grills and anywhere else there are a lot of mixed drinks. They love the simple syrup and other sweet mixers around the bar. We usually go to CTI in September and they are not as bad the last few years. I would stay away from the bars (let them bring the drinks to you, you are on vacation anyway) and try not to leave unfinished drinks on the balcony. I haven't seen them on balconies before but we always stay on the higher levels and you can't be too careful with severe allergies. I think he will be fine and you guys will have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by asisani View Post
    Hi all,

My husband and I went to and loved CSA (our first Couples experience) last summer and are very excited to be going to CTI in a couple of weeks. Last year at CSA there were certain areas of the resort that had a ton of bees (the Beach Grill, Sea Grapes and the beach bars). My husband is severely allergic, so I was wondering if there are areas with similar issues at CTI? Of course we'll bring his epipen regardless, but any heads up about certain areas that he needs to be especially careful in would be wonderful.

Thank you!

-Kat

There are definitely bees at the swim up bar.
    CTI 2009, CTI 2010, CTI 2011, CTI 2013
    Future Dates: CTI 2014 & CN 2015!!!

I have only seen bees around the soda fountains at the pool grill.