Thread: For Cigar Dude

Hybrid View

Default For Cigar Dude

Hey, I consider myself a good judge of spotting counterfeit cigars. What do you think of the vendor that comes on property? I am not sure if his are fake or not. I know he thinks his are legit. last year I was looking to get a box of Cohiba siglio V's. everything looked great on the box. the seal looked to be correct and in tact, the hologram was correct. the only thing missing was the factory code was missing. I did not buy the cigars but everything looked to be legit. I did not say anything to him about it but I am coming back next month and would like to get a box, just trying to get your opinion.

Thanks,

Many are fakes. They have "special editions" that do not exist. Not sure what's really in the wrapper.

The code missing (I'm assuming you mean the scannable bar code) is not necessarily an indicator of fakes. Grey market Cubans usually have those removed so they can't be tracked back to the original purchaser.

I haven't been down yet, so I don't know the guy you're talking about, but I only purchase from sources I trust

How about dropping me an email and we can discuss this. Tell me which resort you're talking about too.

ticotych@hotmail.com
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

kypt,

The only trustworthy sources are the Cuban state stores, one in Falmouth and one in one close to Kingston, both are too far to travel to.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    kypt,

The only trustworthy sources are the Cuban state stores, one in Falmouth and one in one close to Kingston, both are too far to travel to.
    Woodbridgeata is correct. However, I contacted the Falmouth LCDH before our last trip and the prices are VERY high, even for an LCDH. In fact, they were double what I normally pay at other LCDH's in the Caribbean.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Any of the Cohibas in a box with a sliding glass top are absolutely 100% fake. 99% of anything sold out of a store is fake. Even if it is an actual "Cuban" cigar it'll be made out of scraps from the factory floor and not worth your time (some have even had pieces of plastic and other junk in them).