Thread: Beaches

Default Beaches

We have been to CSA and CN for the last 3 times. The beaches are beautiful but am wondering if CTI or CSS beaches compare.
    Looking for suggestions.

Not really but they are nice in their own way.

That is the reason I am scared to go to CTI/CSS

No, they don't. The west side of the island has nice soft white sand. CSS (and I assiume CTI) has hard brown sand...like Iowa river sand. It's still a very nice beach, but can't compare with the best at CN and CSA.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

haven't been to the negril side but i know many people on the mb are quick to tell those who have, not to expect the same type of beaches on the ocho rios side. It is more mountainous and the beaches are smaller. the plus side is that css is in a cove and although the beach is smaller, it is very private and the water is much calmer. there are no vendors or people from other resorts walking on the beach and css has two complete beaches, one regular and one an. hope this helps.

They don't compare , nor do the Sunsets......

There are beautiful beaches on that side of the island, just not in Ocho Rios.

The sand is not fluffy white like Negril, however it is far from brown and hard. I am trying to upload photos from CSS and CTI from this summer but having no luck. Anyway, if you are looking for long walks on the beach, it won't happen at CTI, but you can have a short walk. The advantage is that the only people on the beach at CSS or CTI are the resorts from Couples and staff. There are no vendors except on Beach Party night.
    Vicky

I found a couple of pictures of the sand on the beaches.

Here is CN:

Here is CSS:

Aside from the sand, CSS has a beautifull beach. The Au Natural beach at CSS, Sunset Beach, has slightly better sand, but the ocean on that side of the resort is very rocky and has no swimming area. There is however, a very nice Au Natural swimming pool there, which CN does not have.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

No, the Ochi side's beaches don't compare. Not even close.

But they are still nice beaches.
    nobody's favorite poster

I have been to CSA 4x and CSS once. We are trying CTI in 2 weeks. (wahoo). The beaches on the OR side are nothing like the beaches on the Negril side. That being said, if you start your trip thinking that you are going to be in a completely different environment with a totally different vibe, you can enjoy it just as much. It's not "worse" just different. And while CSA is still "home" to us, that has as much to do with the resort itself as the beach. (And honestly, the athletic complex, but we're crazy that way...)

We loved CSS also, and consistently talk about how CSS is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. The resort itself is so lush and beautiful. It's also much more formal than CSA.

The short answer is it's like trying to compare Apples to Strawberries. Are they both fruit? Yes. Are they both delicious? Yes. Are they ANYTHING alike? Nope.

Enjoy your trip no matter where you go!!

Vee

No the beach at CSS (I don't know about CTI) does not compare to the beaches in Negril - not even close. CN & CSA have the most amazing beaches. The beach at CSS is pretty & private but not white sand, very small, & part of it is taken up with the area for watersports & boats. (You can see my pictures of CSS under my profile.) Now that being said, CSS is a gorgeous resort with great views & nice rooms but we REALLY missed the Negril beach a LOT!!!!!! If the beach is a major factor in your vacation then I would stick with Negril.
    Julie

The beaches are much, much smaller on the Ocho side. But we still like them all the same. And I'm a beach person. Just don't expect Negril if you go to Ocho. Here are some pics. The first two are CTI, the second is CSS in the background.
    Last edited by Amy; November 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

From what I hear (and take from the above posts) the beaches at CSS and CTI are not "bad". It's just that the beaches at CSA and CN are just that "good". In relative terms, CSA and CN beaches tend to rate much better.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    From what I hear (and take from the above posts) the beaches at CSS and CTI are not "bad". It's just that the beaches at CSA and CN are just that "good". In relative terms, CSA and CN beaches tend to rate much better.
    I would have to dissagree. The beach at CSS is very good. The beaches at CN and CSA are unbeleivable!!!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Needbluewater,

You nailed it........... nothing wrong with the Ochi beaches, but they are not Negril! Having said that, we love CN two trips there, but fell in love with CSS, and are returning in 10, the beach did not stop us from returning, just go knowing what to expect and all will be good, there are lots of things about the Ochi resorts to fall in love with, like the room service at CSS, the spa huts on the cliffs, the stairs which scare people too, are wonderful in their own rite because of the stunning views they offer which is something Negril resorts do not have! Do not be afraid folks, it is a new adventure and it is Couples! It is all good!