Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 147 of 147
  1. #126

    Default

    Seriously a bike lock?!?!?! Just wow!!! I wonder what it would have cost me to find a pair of bolt/lock cutters to show these selfish and entitled guests what I thought of them...

  2. #127

    Default

    "....staff and beauty make up for guest behavior..." Apparently not in this case. Bolt cutters, it is.

    This thread has gone from hilarious, to ridiculous, to I just don't know what. Moderator....shut this thing down!! 😎😎

  3. #128

    Default

    A bike lock???? Anybody can cut that... What are they thinking??? Use you're head people like I do... Lock a tube??? I make me Wife sit out there all night... We always get a Palapa!!!

  4. #129

    Default

    Success, I don't know if they saw the comments here...but the bike lock wasn't used the next morning.

    It's been another lovely trip and we're already booked for Christmas/New Year and July16. They have planted many new small coconut palms along the beach. Hopefully they will replace those taken by a fungus planted a few tears ago. Already there is more shade available in the best beach locations and plenty of sun everywhere else.

  5. #130

    Default

    Meh, if someone wants a palapa bad enough that they are willing to get up in the dark of night to reserve one, more power to them. They obviously want it more than I do because I would never get up that early just to reserve a spot. We've never had a problem finding a shady spot if we wanted one.

  6. #131

    Default

    I love this thread, by the way...because it obviously means something to people.

    I will share a discussion my wife & I had over pizza and wine last night:

    There are 312 rooms at CSA and 21 palapas. That is about 1 palapa for every 15 rooms (when at capacity)...or palapas for less than 7% of guests. The activity on this thread suggests that the current situation is not working (well, except for the 21 people who get up early to leave stuff at a palapa). Even within the all inclusive, stress-free arrangement at Couples, activities with limited availability are by reservation (certain restaurants, water sports activities, etc.). Other services and amenities are provided at an up-charge (manager's wine list, spa services, etc.).

    Suggestion: palapas by reservation with $20 per (+/-) day charge, all money routed directly to the Issa Trust Foundation. (details can be worked out, like any left unreserved are first come, first serve after 9:00 or such).
    -palapas still available for those passionate about having one
    -increase the opportunity for everyone to have a shot at getting a palapa
    -increase the ability of the Issa Trust Foundation to to provide a system of prevention, health promotion and education, community health improvement and other services to promote well-being and development for the people of Jamaica.

    NOT getting a palapa should not be a deal breaker for most people (seeing as currently as many as 14 of 15 couples can't get a palapa anyway). On our recent CSA trip we really didn't care much about the palapas as there really is plenty of shade on the CSA beach to accommodate most everyone. But if I knew that my reservation of a palapa could help provide medical care to a child, I would be happy to reserve one. Imagine the resort at capacity being able to channel $420 per day to help care for the children of Jamaica...

  7. #132

    Default

    "Imagine the resort at capacity being able to channel $420 per day to help care for the children of Jamaica..."

    Bert - is the amount subconscious or intentional? And should it be donated each day at 4:20?
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)


  8. #133

    Default

    Fabulous idea Bert!!!! I am sure Couples doesn't want to get very deep into the business of itemizing what is included and what is not but at least it would solve the problem of people losing their minds over a small hut on the beach and in the process help the people we have all grown to love!!!

  9. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I love this thread, by the way...because it obviously means something to people.

    I will share a discussion my wife & I had over pizza and wine last night:

    There are 312 rooms at CSA and 21 palapas. That is about 1 palapa for every 15 rooms (when at capacity)...or palapas for less than 7% of guests. The activity on this thread suggests that the current situation is not working (well, except for the 21 people who get up early to leave stuff at a palapa). Even within the all inclusive, stress-free arrangement at Couples, activities with limited availability are by reservation (certain restaurants, water sports activities, etc.). Other services and amenities are provided at an up-charge (manager's wine list, spa services, etc.).

    Suggestion: palapas by reservation with $20 per (+/-) day charge, all money routed directly to the Issa Trust Foundation. (details can be worked out, like any left unreserved are first come, first serve after 9:00 or such).
    -palapas still available for those passionate about having one
    -increase the opportunity for everyone to have a shot at getting a palapa
    -increase the ability of the Issa Trust Foundation to to provide a system of prevention, health promotion and education, community health improvement and other services to promote well-being and development for the people of Jamaica.

    NOT getting a palapa should not be a deal breaker for most people (seeing as currently as many as 14 of 15 couples can't get a palapa anyway). On our recent CSA trip we really didn't care much about the palapas as there really is plenty of shade on the CSA beach to accommodate most everyone. But if I knew that my reservation of a palapa could help provide medical care to a child, I would be happy to reserve one. Imagine the resort at capacity being able to channel $420 per day to help care for the children of Jamaica...

    Great idea! I'd pay to reserve one for a good cause!

  10. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Bert - is the amount subconscious or intentional? And should it be donated each day at 4:20?


    Ha! I did notice that as I typed my message and considered the coincidence to be an indication support from the great beyond...we get to go on a great vacation while helping "Jah provide the bread".

  11. #136

    Default

    I would rent one for that cause...and never use it

  12. #137

    Default

    The more things you start charging for, the further away you get from all inclusive, just my thought.

  13. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    The more things you start charging for, the further away you get from all inclusive, just my thought.
    That's why I made it an Issa Trust donation (but yes, that is splitting hairs). I don't think it would ever happen...but it seemed a way to keep the peace while doing some good.

  14. #139

    Default

    Bert, just a thought, but what if every room wants to "Reserve" a Palapa? Aren't we in the same boat as now? Great idea but it's not gonna work.

  15. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    The more things you start charging for, the further away you get from all inclusive, just my thought.

    Agreed

  16. #141

    Default

    How about they just get rid of them?

  17. #142

    Default

    Are my husband and I the only ones who think PALAPAS ARE OVER-RATED?! We finally got to try one during our stay last summer, when someone close to us left theirs for the day, and it lasted all of about 15 minutes! For one thing, I didn't like having to bend over to get in and out from under it, but mostly, It was much hotter there than under a shade tree - so much less of a breeze! I really wonder whether all the fuss would just go away if more people got to try one! JMHO

  18. #143

    Default

    We have stayed several times at CN and CSA. We traded places from CN to CSA on 7/10 and arrived about 10 after 10 in the morning. We had to walk quite a while on the awesome beach to find two available loungers to sit on. As we walked, I noticed every Palapa had something on the chair "saving it" but not one had anyone sitting under it. It seemed like a waste to have every Palapa unused at potentially the best time of the day to be on the beach. However, the thought quickly left me as I settled into a lounger and enjoyed the CSA beach and water.

  19. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Are my husband and I the only ones who think PALAPAS ARE OVER-RATED?! We finally got to try one during our stay last summer, when someone close to us left theirs for the day, and it lasted all of about 15 minutes! For one thing, I didn't like having to bend over to get in and out from under it, but mostly, It was much hotter there than under a shade tree - so much less of a breeze! I really wonder whether all the fuss would just go away if more people got to try one! JMHO

    YES, YES, YES!!!
    I hate hitting my head on them and I completely agree that it is much warmer under them!! I though I was the crazy one! Give me a spot near a palm tree!!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014
    CSS October 2015...not this year
    CSS October 2016 SOON COME!

  20. #145

    Default

    Over-rated on my vacation as well.

  21. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Are my husband and I the only ones who think PALAPAS ARE OVER-RATED?! We finally got to try one during our stay last summer, when someone close to us left theirs for the day, and it lasted all of about 15 minutes! For one thing, I didn't like having to bend over to get in and out from under it, but mostly, It was much hotter there than under a shade tree - so much less of a breeze! I really wonder whether all the fuss would just go away if more people got to try one! JMHO
    Couldn't agree more Glenda

  22. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    LOL, I agree! I'm glad my wife & I don't need the shade like some do (and many have good legitimate reasons). We don't have to deal with this pressing issue which is brought up again...and again....and again!
    my thoughts exactly!! What a pain!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •