Default Dress Attire for Repeaters Dinner

Was wondering what the men should wear to the Repeaters Dinner. Is there a dress code? Can they wear open toe sandals and dress shorts and shirts? Any help will be appreciated. I am going this year, as in the past we have had couples that could not go, as they were newbies. We have 3 couples that are return and one that is a newbie, We all voted and the newbies are on their own that night for dinner. I have heard how great it is and really want to go, so I need to know what the men wear.
    See you Dec6th CSA

While there is really no dress code for the repeat stay dinner people tend to really dress up just as you would dress for the fanncy restaurant at your resort. If you came dressed resort casual you will feel out of place

I would suggest you just follow the dress code stated for the restaurant at the resort that requires a dress code (eg. Othaheite at CN). If you follow that dress code you will not feel out of place.

And dinner is only a couple of hours, so if you want to slip back into shorts and sandals afterwards for the rest of the night, none of the resorts are that big... you can always go back to your room after dinner and make a quick change.

Wow jamaica_hooked I'm envious. We were at CSA for the first time last year the same week and wish we could be there to enjoy the dinner with you. We had two daughters get married this year and we renovated our kitchen so we're tapped out of money...<sad>. Since we were at CTI a few years before we made it to the Repeater's dinner for the first time. You are totally right, let the newbies do what they gotta do because the repeater's dinner was the best meal of the week. I recommend that you don't overdo your activities during the day because it's a long dinner. My buddies and I walked the Negril Hills golf course that morning, then we took out hobie cats and swam in the ocean while the girls relaxed on the beach. All of the activities had me falling asleep at the table even with the interesting conversation from another couple that were world travellers. My other recommendation is to not miss the Manager's cocktail hour which is held before the Repeater's cocktail hour. It was much better and we got to mingle with all of the managers without the crowded area by the swimup bar.
    BTW, Rich is correct about the dress code.
    Enjoy your time in paradise!

The dress code for the repeaters dinner is the same as the restaurant. At CSA I think it is held at Feathers.

This is Feathers dress Code:

Required Dress Code for ladies is "semi-formal".
    For gentlemen: collar shirt, dress long pants (no jeans/ denim), dress shoes / closed shoes.
    Irie Mon

Default repeaters dinner

We went to the repeaters dinner this year in February and most people were pretty dressed up. That was a great time! They had a Rum bar set up at poolside that was outrageous. I've never had clove tasting rum before. Don't miss out.

At CSA the repeaters dinner used to be at Feathers.
    Now it is at Patois.
    Most people are generally dressed up but most men were in nice sandals (not beach shoes).
    Husband typically wears long pants a polo shirt and sandals and he fits right in.
    Sundresses for the ladies is great.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaica_hooked View Post
    Was wondering what the men should wear to the Repeaters Dinner. Is there a dress code? Can they wear open toe sandals and dress shorts and shirts? Any help will be appreciated. I am going this year, as in the past we have had couples that could not go, as they were newbies. We have 3 couples that are return and one that is a newbie, We all voted and the newbies are on their own that night for dinner. I have heard how great it is and really want to go, so I need to know what the men wear.
    See you Dec6th CSA
    Same situation for us this year 3 couples going with us 2 of them repeater's, 1 newbie, newbies fend for yourselves, I would NOT miss a Repeater's dinner!!!! lol

What everyone else has said is exactly right on, dress as you would for the reservations restaurant. Khaki's, collared shirt, closed toe shoes for men.

I thought it was kind of a waster of time. Went on for hours and portions
    were small. We did not have a staff member at our table which was my
    main purpose for going. The cocktail part before was ok.
    Next time we are not attending.

I just wore pants and a nice shirt and sandals. Nothing fancy. I enjoyed the dinner, but it was so loud we had a hard time talking to our featured guest. And it takes over 2 hrs.

Repeater's Dinner has been recently held at Patois. Wear whatever is comfortable for you...no dress code at this restaurant!

Anytime we've been at CSA it was in Patois Patio, because of the amount of guests who come at that time.

And yes, people dress up as if they were dining in Feathers.