Thread: Hair Braiding

Default Hair Braiding

Going to css in three weeks can't wait i have shoulder lenghth hair anybody know how much it might cost to get my hair braided at salon?anyone have it done there?how long does it last?sorry so many questions.
    Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by tsayeau View Post
    Going to css in three weeks can't wait i have shoulder lenghth hair anybody know how much it might cost to get my hair braided at salon?anyone have it done there?how long does it last?sorry so many questions.
    Tammy
    Depending on the length it could be $70 plus tip..takes a couple of hours and easily will last 1 week...Sue does it every year, 1st thing..We both love the look and it cuts her getting ready time by 75%..hope that helps..

One word of caution, beware of burns between the braids, this happened to my girlfriend one year, when it peeled it looked like horrible dandruff!

Quote Originally Posted by Mzambo View Post
    One word of caution, beware of burns between the braids, this happened to my girlfriend one year, when it peeled it looked like horrible dandruff!
    Hmmm, I could see that happening to me. I guess all you could do is wear a hat right? It wouldn't be feasible to smear suncreen on your head.... what about those aerosol bottle of sunscreen?

I have had my hair braided on previous trips to the Dominican Republic. I used the spray sunscreen all the time and also wore a bandana occasionally (actually looked pretty cute with the braids and they are inexpensive). Worked great, no sun burns on my scalp and the suncreen didn't damage my hair. A hat could work too but i don't know if you'd want to wear one the whole time you are there. Hope that helps.

DO NOT use the aerosol spray on your hair, it is LOADED with alcohol and with ruin your hair. Just put sunscreen on your fingers and run it down the parts on your scalp.
    Kristen

or use q-tips to apply