Default Getting to the Office of Nature

Hello,
    I will be visiting CSA on Nov. 1st. When we vacation, we typically look for things to do that allow us to experience the true culture and interact with the people that are local to the location. With that being said, can anyone let me know how far of a walk it is to the Office of Nature. And, could you please recommend other places that are within walking distance that are MUST sees/dos? Thanks

Office of Nature is on Bloody Bay and you will be staying on Long Bay. There is not a way to walk from one to the other without going on the road and then I'm not sure how you would get to the beach. If you do the Trading Places program one day over to CN, then you would be able to go to the Office of Nature. You would simply head toward the ocean and take a right and walk down. You will see it along the way.

Since you are staying at CSA and are on Long Bay (a part of 7 Mile Beach), you will have lots of opportunity to mingle with the locals. Just head to the ocean and turn left and walk to your heart's content. You will run into all sorts of local hangout areas and interesting locals.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We walked over to the OON in March but that was from CN and it was a nice walk... Not sure from CSA though. I do know they were adding a building and were finishing up an outside bar when we were there. We look forward to checking them out again in 2010!

You can't walk to the Office of Nature. CSA is on 7 mile beach and the Office is on Bloody Bay, you will have to take a cab.

You can't walk from CSA to the Office of Nature. It is on Bloody Bay, you would have to swim around the point at Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    Hello,
    I will be visiting CSA on Nov. 1st. When we vacation, we typically look for things to do that allow us to experience the true culture and interact with the people that are local to the location. With that being said, can anyone let me know how far of a walk it is to the Office of Nature. And, could you please recommend other places that are within walking distance that are MUST sees/dos? Thanks
    since you are at CSA (long bay) the office of nature is ok if you are stayign at CN From CSA it is a lil difficult to walk as you must exit walk the road then renter thru CN. From CN it is about a 10 minute walk to the right of the property ( facing ocean)
    i would suggest you walk long bay and back much more to see many more local shops bars to patronize.

You're not going to walk to the Office of Nature (on Bloody Bay) from CSA (on Long Bay). You can walk there from CN (also on Bloody Bay). So, assuming you don't want to take a cab, register for the Romance rewards and take advantage of the "Trading Places" program for a day and visit CN. From the CN beach, turn right (if facing the water) and walk past the two resorts that are immediately to the north of CN. The next establishment that you will see will have a sign that says "Office of Nature". This is the new Office of Nature. The people here forced the original operators of the Office of Nature off the property and are now using the name. The "original" Office of Nature has moved further north. So, keep walking and you will see them set up there. Worth the walk, in my opinion.

On my upcoming trip to CSA I plan to make the short walk down the beach, then cross the road to try Ossie's for jerk pork and Best of the West for jerk chicken. That's if sand gravity doesn't take over and I don't eat too much of the great food I'm expecting at CSA.

Here's a link to a map of Negril (not really to scale) showing most of the area attractions, bars, restaurants and shops.

http://www.negrilinfo.com/sitebuilde...miniupdate.pdf
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Also, for "must do's" in Negril, check out this current thread on Trip Advisor". On responder there is a frequent visitor to Negril and compiled quite an extensive list of things to do. It's listed there.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Tharris,

The Office of Nature is a short walk from CN, you would be able to walk to it from CN on a trading places day, but you cannot walk there from CSA. You may want to do a day excursion to get off the resort and into the heart of the island, there are so many places to go and see.

The catamaran cruise is a must do, it takes you to Pirates Cove, where you can swim in the caves, or slide down the slide, or if you are feeling particularly brave jump from the cliff. I prefer to watch the pro diver's do their thing and stay safe.

Do the trading places.....problem solved
    Kristen