Default What will it take you to book that trip?

The question of the day.

What will it take for you to book that trip?

We booked out trip back in June for our April 2010 trip. We took advantage of the Early Booking Special and free trip insurance that was advertised at that time. We found non stop flight service out of Boston via US Air at a reasonable price.

What did it take you to book that trip?

and

Why haven't you booked your trip yet?

Seemingly endless research on resorts on just about every Caribbean island in a search to find somewhere that will satisfy all of my vacation wants like Couples, to no avail. I wanted to see other places and I'm finishing school in December and DH gave me free reign on my "treat" vacation. But the dead ends were driving me insane and stressing me out and every time I thought of CSA I got a calm happy feeling, so I decided not to fight it anymore and book CSA again. My DH and I came to the conclusion that if we want to "see other places" and/or are willing to spend a lot more than we would at Couples, we are going to go to Europe or something, not another island so we can sit on another beach wishing we were back in Jamaica.

Oh...and the rate was good, so my "treat" is going to be a Beachfront Suite, which we would never throw down $$$ for otherwise. And American Airlines (which we prefer) now flys non-stop out of Chicago to MBJ and the airfare was low.

Like you Jim, we also took advantage of the early booking specials and netted the $500 Spa/Gift Shop credit. Altho it was clearly by accident, we also happened to book on the day they were running the free trip insurance special - sometimes luck just happens.

I've previously told you our stays will be overlapping a couple of days, so looking forward to ramming that "decongestant" aka Bob Marley down my gut to get myself fully innoculated.

Now the question is, would we have booked without the special deals? I'm guessing at some point we would have, but I'm sure we would have kept hanging on until some other offer popped up. Sooner or later there's bound to be a deal someone can't refuse to get their butts in a plane and over to paradise.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I will not book 2010 until the airlines can get me flight info. I like to book it all in 1 place 1 time.

Ron & Rosa

We look forward to meeting you both.

looking forward to ramming that "decongestant" aka Bob Marley down my gut to get myself fully innoculated.
    Now you have a choice. You can have me on one side with a Bob Marley or Tommywommy on the other side with a Salty Dog.

One puts hair on you while the other removes hair from you.

We booked when they were offering the $500 spa/gift shop credit. We figured we saved $500 on our trip because we would spend that money anyway. Now, it's included and we can either save our money or spend it on something else. Our trip isn't until October 2010 and I believe I booked in May.

What did it take for me to book this trip. We vacation every Xmas and spring break, one of which is always in Jamacia. Last Xmas break I had to pay taxes (A surprise bill) and stayed in very cold Wisconsin with cheer for the holidays and depression for not being able to leave. I have always wanted to go to a Couples, and I too took advantage of the savings and caught a great deal at Couples tower Isle. A better question would be...what will it take to be patient until we can go! It's a good thing my job is stressful which distracts me and makes time go a little faster

Default booking

I just booked for 2011! And though I did seem to do it on the $100 per month saver deal, now I see that that deal is only suppose to go until 2010?
    Hmmm...with a child in college and not making the big bucks, as teachers, this was the deal for us, so I hope they let us do it.
    Only 619 days...LOL!!!!

What would it take for me to book for 2010? College Scholarships for my son!!
    I would love to be able to book already for next year but with a senior in high school I have no idea what we are looking at for college expenses next year. My guess is that our Jamaican vacations will be few over the next 4 years.

I am about to give up on booking trips!!!
    In January of this year (2009) we booked our trip for September 2009. We were drving back from the TA and my DS and his fiance called to tell us were are going to be grandparents.........in September!!! And our beautiful grandaughter was born 9/6/09.
    So we reschedule for Nov (17 days to go!!!)
    So I have a big decade birthday next August and we book CSS for next August and decide to really splurge and book the Hibiscus Cottage.
    Now DD decides she doesn't want to wait 2-3 years to get married. She and her fiance have decided next October 2010.
    Then DS and fiance decide they don't want to wait until 2011, they now want to move wedding up to May 2010.
    Soooooo now we really need to look at finances-Trip next year is in jeopardy.
    I've given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    We booked when they were offering the $500 spa/gift shop credit. We figured we saved $500 on our trip because we would spend that money anyway. Now, it's included and we can either save our money or spend it on something else. Our trip isn't until October 2010 and I believe I booked in May.
    Same reason for booking when we did... $500 credit. After our first trip to CN in April 2009 the only question was when we were going back. We're booked at CN from April 13 - 22, 2010. We can't wait!

ENJOY!