Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bob Marley, My new Favourtie Drink

Just got back from CTI and I'm missing my Bob Marley's already.

Can anyone tell me what's in them? Not that I could ever achieve the high standards of Damion or Terry but it'd be fun to give it a go.

I believe it is rum and lighter fluid... just a guess... LOL!

They taste terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am a shot girl, I love watching peoples faces as they drink them. I know there is overproof rum and cream de menthe in them
    Last edited by Mzambo; March 30th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Awwww come on Marie they aren't that bad!

Attachment 2398
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; January 13th, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

jerzgirl,

That is exactly what they taste like.............. NASTY! But they are a tradition, you have to say you did at least one Bob Marley right? lol

add some banana liquer and grenidine......sorry about my awful spelling.

Jim,

My picture is prettier than yours....lol

Sorry but those things do taste like fuel of some sort, we only saw one person do one and not make a face, we named him Faceless Bob Marley, the name stuck everytime we saw him the rest of the trip. It is really hard to not make a face........

It's the darn straw that kills you...if you just shoot them, they're not so bad. I saw on one web site that you can set them on fire. Try that with the boys, Marcus!!!

Make sure you keep your hair pulled back - especially if you have hair spray on!!!

Mzambo - I did do ONE - and that was enuff for me! At CN, our barmaid, Elke said they use to set them on fire but had to stop because too many of the guest were catching themselves! LOL I can't decide what's worse the Bob Marley's or the mamajuana they drink in the Dominican!!!

Rumor has it that most cars get about 30mpg on the stuff.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by J&N View Post
    It's the darn straw that kills you...if you just shoot them, they're not so bad. I saw on one web site that you can set them on fire. Try that with the boys, Marcus!!!
    When you set them on fire, they are called Flaming Bob Marleys. Yes, the staff used to serve them this way. I have been served more than one of these in years past at COR (now CTI), but apparently too many people tried to drink their Flaming Bob Marleys without a straw and the results were not plesant, so they stopped setting them on fire a couple of years ago.

J&N

FYI: the bartenders were instructed no more flaming Bob Marleys due to the potential of injuries that could occur.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzzgirl View Post
    Mzambo - I did do ONE - and that was enuff for me! At CN, our barmaid, Elke said they use to set them on fire but had to stop because too many of the guest were catching themselves! LOL I can't decide what's worse the Bob Marley's or the mamajuana they drink in the Dominican!!!
    You are cracking me up, I'm with you!!!! We have a bottle of mamjuana downstairs, my daughter brought it back from her honeymoon, so had it for awhile now, made a couple do a shot of it just a week ago and I thought I was gonna die, that stuff tastes like dirt and Bob Marley's taste like fuel of some sort.

When I had one it was on fire...literally. Don't have a pic though =(

Here is my take on the Bob Marley, gasoline with a nice mix of mouthwash. I did one regular and one on fire, after that it was lights out....LITERALLY!!!!!
    Kristen

Marie

Your picture may look prettier but how many people did it take to drink one Bob Marley?

Attachment 2441
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; January 13th, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

Grenadine, Creme de Menthe, Drambue, and overproof to top it off. Or just put some listerine in a shot glass and go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by RDYJMJM View Post
    Marie

Your picture may look prettier but how many people did it take to drink one Bob Marley?

Attachment 2441
    It took one Jim, they all cheated and I was the only one drinking, and I KNEW BETTER!!!! See what happens when you really trust your friends??? lol

Guess you either love em or loathe em!

Thanks for the replies and the pictures though I think 4 people to drink 1 glass is a nit lightweight.

J - I think they'll become a feature at our New Year party this year. Though we'll keep the lighters away from them.

Ron & Rosa 25

One Bob Marley and you're good for 2 games of pool volleyball and then you need a recharge.

The Bob's we had didn't have banana in them it was just:
    1/3 oz grenadine syrup
    1/3 oz creme de menthe
    1/3 oz overproof rum

I didn't think they were nasty at all. They were like an after dinner mint that would kick your @$$! LOL I wouldn't think mint, banana and grenadine would taste good together.

Marcus and Deb, I Knew we created a monster, having you try the Bob Marley's. Still haven't had one. Might take Shawn the sheep to the piano bar for one tonight (him, not us). Our last full day tomorrow, then it's time for the goodbye bus on Saturday.
    Deb and Jas

Marie

You mean to tell me they were blowing bubbles instead?

See if we bring you twisty straws next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusand Debi View Post
    Guess you either love em or loathe em!

Thanks for the replies and the pictures though I think 4 people to drink 1 glass is a nit lightweight.

J - I think they'll become a feature at our New Year party this year. Though we'll keep the lighters away from them.
    That was the first of "many" that they all cheated on.... I was sick as a dog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast