Thread: Just booked CSS

Default Just booked CSS

Hi everyone! First time to Jamaica and a Couples resort. Who am I trying to fool - it's actually the first real vacation for my husband and me in over 7 years! To say that I'm excited is an understatement...we're going over Thanksgiving.

I've been reading through the posts here and I'm getting a lot of great info - so, tons of thanks to everyone.

My questions for now are:

1.) we booked a 1 Bedroom Ocean Suite (it seemed like the views would be better than the Beachfront Suites) and from what I've seen here, I can make a request for specific areas and if it's available, they will try to fill the request. If we want a gorgeous view with a nice balcony, does anyone have any suggestions of faves?

2.) What toiletries are in the room and how would you consider the quality of them? I'd like to reduce redundant items if possible.

As far as the room goes, I wouldn't worry about it too terribly much. I personally would prefer an upper floor in G, but I couldn't give you specific numbers. If you get there, and you think there may be a room you like better, don't be afraid to ask. I wouldn't think that they'd be at capacity over Thanksgiving, particularly with this economy, but I could be way off base.

As far as the toiletries, the lotion and bath gel are absolutely yummy. I would venture to say the same of the shampoo, but be forewarned that it is a conditioning shampoo. I generally avoid those because it makes it difficult to work with my hair, but that totally depends on you.

We'll be there a couple weeks before you, but have a great time! I can't imagine a better way to spend Thanksgiving (certainly better than the obligatory family dinners with the in-laws I'm facing - but at least I'll be tan from Jamaica).

Andrea...Yay you two..You have booked CSS for your first Jamaican visit!!!!!!
    I can guarantee you two that you will have an outstanding time..CSS is the most romantic and beautiful of the Couples Resorts.

CSS's GM Pierre Battalgia has put together a world class staff that loves to spoil and pamper you...So let them..LOL

GO.RELAX.ENJOY CSS and have a Salty Dog for me..Ruff Ruff
    Last edited by Tommywommy; October 14th, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

Hi Andrea,

1 bdroom ocean suite with balcony right? You will love it, there are lots of steps, but honestly they can be welcome at times after eating too much! You can make requests, but nothing is ever guraranteed. We have been to CN twice, and in 10 will visit CSS for our second time I booked a 1bdrm ocean suite w/balcony as well, we like the size of the room, the size of the balcony as well as the views. Do not expect rooms to compare to the Ritz they do not, but do expect casual Caribbean elegance. Service in the Caribbean is much slower than we are used to, but always with a smile, and a "no problem mon".

There will be shampoo, body wash, aloe, I always take my own toiletries, but the aloe is a great touch, I do not take that.

CSS is beautiful, the resort is built into a cliff and the surprises around every corner make it a joy to explore. Plan to splurge on a couples massage while there, the spa huts are in an area that cannot be beat. CSS is a very romantic resort!

Wishing you a wonderful trip!
    Marie

Greetings from CSS!

My wife and I are here right now, writing you from our 1 bedroom beach-front jacuzzi suite (B block.) Congratulations on making a great decision. We've been here for 5 days now, and it's fantastic.

So, a few stabs at your answers. We have met up with some friends who are staying in G11, which has a great view. Other than that, I have no idea. The views from the 1 bed jacuzzi suites aren't anything to sneeze at, though.

Toiletries. In our room we had two soaps (one for your hand and one for your body,) a bottle of shampoo, a bottle of after sun aloe, and a bottle of hand cream. All perfectly good stuff, though probably not the ridiculously overpriced stuff you'd get from Macys or something. Depends on what you define as high quality. My wife and I didn't bring any soaps or shampoos, and we smell fine, I think. :-)
    I'm just here for the food... and the beach... and the drinks... and the entertainment... oh, yeah, and the suite... well, okay, and the sunshine... oh, and the staff, can't forget them.. Ah, heck, I'm here for it all.

Andrea,
    I am going for my first time in December and have been taking notes that I will share. You booked the same room as us for exactly the same reason.

Room location…

The 1 bdrm Ocean Suites, most have the huge balconies with either 2 chaise loungers or a double chaise and table and chairs, and a large separate sitting area or living room area from the bedroom, aside from the Penthouse/Hibiscus Cottage they are the biggest rooms. They are located throughout the cliffs in Bldg D,E,F & G. Located in Block D on 1st, 2nd floors, Block E on 2nd floor, Block F on 2nd, 3rd floors and Block G on 1st, 2nd floors.

As far as best building it depends on how many steps you are willing to have. I am going for less is better so we are going to ask for building D block. From what has been previously posted all buildings have a spectacular view.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Andrea,

Looks like the toiletries question has been answered thoroughly. We've been to CSS twice and stayed in G-5 both times. Anything in G block gives you a great view...especially at sunset. The stairs aren't bad and there is an elevator in front of G block that takes you down to, or up from, the mineral pool. Here's some pictures from our trips there in 2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7608740935393/ and 2009 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/.

Enjoy Thanksgiving in Jamaica!!

Bart & Bug

Forty-five days and a wake up!!

Hi there - we just returned from CSS on Saturday! I loved the shampoo that they provided in the room although I forgot my conditioner. We always bring our own bar of Dove soap. We used the lotion but didn't get too much sun so no aloe was necessary (for us on this trip - it might be the first one ever!!) Enjoy your alone time with your hubby and your visit to CSS. It was a very relaxing resort with breathtaking views. :-)
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

Note the toiletries no longer include body wash. It did last time we were there so I was a little unprepared this time when they did not have it. The bar soap works in a pinch though.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Thanks so much to everyone who responded!

Looks like I will be bringing body wash and conditioner and maybe a few other things like that. The aloe is a really nice touch and glad that I don't need to pack that.

I appreciate everyone's warning about the steps - I did see those warnings right off and I'm hoping that the steps will help me get some exercise to work off the meals...so maybe G is the best building for us! haha But, it does look as if D is more centrally located, so I'm a bit torn still on what to request. Perhaps I'll just leave it to chance and see what we come up with.

Also, thanks for the reminder about "Island Time" being different timeframes than what we are used to in the U.S. I've been to the Bahamas several times before and remember island time frames. We're there to relax, so no worries in that respect.