Default Rick's Cafe from CTI???

Hi everyone..
    We're planning our honeymoon to CTI Feb 8-14th. We fell in love with CTI when planning, but we're interested in going to Rick's Cafe and doing the Cliff Diving.. I'm not sure how far away Rick's would be, so I'm wondering if this is feasable and what options we would have for getting there and how much $$ it would cost. If anyone has some advice, please share!
    Thanks!

It's really not feasable from CTI. Rick's is at Negril, 3-4 hours away during the times you'd be going.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jen* -n-*Josh View Post
    Hi everyone..
    We're planning our honeymoon to CTI Feb 8-14th. We fell in love with CTI when planning, but we're interested in going to Rick's Cafe and doing the Cliff Diving.. I'm not sure how far away Rick's would be, so I'm wondering if this is feasable and what options we would have for getting there and how much $$ it would cost. If anyone has some advice, please share!
    Thanks!
    ricks is on the cliffs in negril you are looking at a minimal
    2.5-3 hour drive each way
    ricks is must see once ( to say you went) you go 60 minute before sunset grab a beer watch the divers stand 10 deep to watch an incredible sunset and the place empties out 20 minute after sunset
    since you are only going for a week you are looking at spending minimally 6-7 hours in a car to get there for 90 minutes of pleasure... i would wait until you visit negril

Ricks Cafe is in Negril about 4 hours away. There may be a tour package to Ricks from Ocho Rios but it would take most of the day with the majority of the time spent on a bus. Not worth it IMHO. If you really want to cliff dive at Rick's you should think about staying in Negril at CN or CSA.
    CTI offers many free excursions that you won't want to miss especially Dunn's River Falls. The horeseback riding and catamaran cruise are also included for no extra charge and fun to do.
    If you want to pay extra for an excursion in Ocho Rios - Mystic Mountain offers zip-lining and the Jamaican bobsled ride which are great.
    http://www.rainforestrams.com/jamatt.html

Default Rick's Cafe

To go to Rick's Cafe or Not to go to Rick's Cafe?
    That is the question.
    How far from CN is it and is it worth leaving our
    beautiful resort.
    Many questions so little time.
    We will be there on the 25th

Here's the plan...CTI for the honeymoon, CN or CSA for your one year anniversary. THEN you can go to Rick's. (unless you don't mind losing a day away from the resort.) Have fun
    Kristen

Thanks everyone for all the great advice.. Looks like Cliff Diving will have to wait until our next trip... If it's as great as everyone says, I'm sure we'll be back again! Mystic Mountain looks wonderful.. Might have to check that out! Thanks again!

You have Dunns River included, Glistening Waters, Tubing on the White River. We got really adventurous and did Port Antonio, Blue Lagoon, Boston Bay and Somerset Falls which was an all day excursion on mostly dirt roads, but outstanding, especially eating jerk at Boston Bay where jerk originated.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbouth View Post
    To go to Rick's Cafe or Not to go to Rick's Cafe?
    That is the question.
    How far from CN is it and is it worth leaving our
    beautiful resort.
    Many questions so little time.
    We will be there on the 25th
    I have been to Negril 5 times and didn't make it to Rick's until our last trip. After being there, I can honestly say that I didn't miss anything the first 4 trips.

So my answer to your question is, no it is not worth leaving the resort for. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong

Matt