Thread: Cti

Default Cti

Hello,
    I am visiting in february. The four following activities are what I want to do the most, and I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips/pointers/advice about them! (ex. cost, approximate time it takes, ect. ) Thanks !

1. Dunns River Falls

2. Horseback riding. (I have my own horse, so I ride lots, but I really want to go riding in the ocean!!)

3. Margaritaville (can you only go on certian days? cost?)

4. Shopping

As well, my man wants to go fishing. Any advice about that ?

Thanks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
    Hello,
    I am visiting in february. The four following activities are what I want to do the most, and I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips/pointers/advice about them! (ex. cost, approximate time it takes, ect. ) Thanks !

1. Dunns River Falls Leaves at 10 am, back right after noon or so. Cost: Tip for the driver and crew that takes you. We do $5 bus. 5$ crew

2. Horseback riding. Leaves at 11 am, back around 1pm or so. Cost: Tip for driver and horse crew. This is not horse back riding in the ocean, it is in the mountains. We do $5 bus. 5$ crew. You can do riding in the ocean, but it is a extra cost tour.

(I have my own horse, so I ride lots, but I really want to go riding in the ocean!!)

3. Margaritaville (can you only go on certian days? cost?)The bus ride is free. Cost: tip for the driver and all your drinks/food.

4. Shopping Here is a link on the shopping trips http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2300
    The bus ride is free. Cost: tip for the driver.

Thanks !!!

Here is a link for the current resort handouts of the daily activities, restaurant information and extra cost tours http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2194

What about the glass bottom boat and the Cat cruise?

Enjoy
    Irie Mon

Question about the tipping. Who do we need to tip during our stay at CTI? I was under the impression that tips were covered under being all inclusive. So, does that cover the tips for drivers/crew of couples sponsored activities? I know that if we book an outside activity, those tips won't be covered. I just don't want to be rude and not tip someone who deserves it!

Thanks.

People that you can tip: Bus drivers, Cat Cruise crew, Dunns river falls crew, Horse back riding crew, Spa staff, and caddies. These people that are not direct Staff, (contract staff) of Couples resorts.

People that you do not tip: Couples direct staff, Bar tenders, water staff, entertainment staff, cleaning staff, lawn care, maintenance staff, front desk staff, servers, gift and logo shop staff, and ect.

They only people that you can tip that work on the resort property is the SPA staff, they are contract staff.
    Irie Mon

Jon1963 pretty much nailed the essentials. Here's some add-ons:
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkprincess View Post
    Hello,

1. Dunns River Falls Leaves at 10 am, back right after noon or so. Cost: Tip for the driver and crew that takes you. We do $5 bus. 5$ crew
    You can get water socks on your way to the Falls but it may be just as easy to bring some or hiking sandals from home. In addition, bring a waterproof camera so you can have lots of pictures taken. They will have someone there that will videotape your climb and you can buy the DVD for about $40 (though you can get it significantly cheaper if you pay cash).

2. Horseback riding. Leaves at 11 am, back around 1pm or so. Cost: Tip for driver and horse crew. This is not horse back riding in the ocean, it is in the mountains. We do $5 bus. 5$ crew. You can do riding in the ocean, but it is a extra cost tour.
    If you want to ride in the ocean we recommend the horseback riding through "Hooves" that can be purchased at the tour desk at the resort. They do not make you wear bicycle helmets while riding and you get a great ride in the surf!
    (I have my own horse, so I ride lots, but I really want to go riding in the ocean!!)

3. Margaritaville (can you only go on certian days? cost?)The bus ride is free. Cost: tip for the driver and all your drinks/food.

4. Shopping Here is a link on the shopping trips http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=2300
    The bus ride is free. Cost: tip for the driver.
    When shopping in Jamaica do not stop and look at something unless you're really wanting to buy it. The people running the shops are right there to make a deal on anything you pick up. Remember, you're in Jamaica and "negotiating" a price is expected.

Thanks !!!