Default Anyone been to CTI and CSS..Which is better?

We are planning to go in April and am trying to find someone who has been to CTI and CSS and which one they thought was better.

Which is better?

It all depends on what you are looking for.

We think CTI is better, it is our home, all new and a great staff. CSS on the other hand is a larger resort that has all suites with mini bars and in room dinning. CTI offers the most off resort trips. Some say CSS has a better AN area, we disagree with that, bigger yes, private no.

Any Idea what you are looking for? They are both great in their own ways.
    Irie Mon

We've never had privacy issues on the AN beach at CSS, as it's separated from the main beach by foliage and on the other side by the river. I suppose it's possible that you could get some adventurous wanderers or local kids, but there is a security guard on duty.

Other than though, I think Jon is right. It's apples and orange. They both have advantages, and it's very much dependent on what you're looking for. I'm sure you will get a lot of opinions both ways, but I would also just look at all the maps, views, menus, etc. (in other words, just go systematically through each property's Web pages). I don't think you can wrong either way. Also remember that you could do a split or just pick one for this trip and try the other the next.

We stayed at CTI and did the day trade at CSS. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. CTI seemed more laid back and you were left alone, CSS was more outgoing, alot like CN (been there 5 times).
    If you've never done the AN thing CTI was the way to go, but the beach at CSS is bigger, so it the pool. CSS is private there were a few lobster divers (locals) that came around but they didn't linger. The funniest thing was when the glass bottom boat from the H resort came by and THEY took OUR pictures!
    Either way you won't go wrong Couples is the best by far!! Go to one and do the day trade and then come back some more.

We've been to both and, like has been said before, both have their good points so it's all about what's important to you.

CSS has a larger property with more places to walk and explore. CTI is smaller, more of a "high rise", so there's less places to go and feel you and your spouse are the only ones on the resort. CTI has more inclusive excursions.

We prefer CSS but that's just us. Here's some pictures we took of both resorts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/. Hopefully they will help you to find which one is right for you.

Bart & Bug

CTI all the way!!!!
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by TLBryant View Post
    We are planning to go in April and am trying to find someone who has been to CTI and CSS and which one they thought was better.
    if you can define the criteria for "better" i think the responses you receive will be more valuable to you
    what is better steak or lobster a bmw or mercedes
    blonde or brunette...... ginger maryanne

That's like asking which is better, the color blue or the color red? Which resort is better is a matter of personal preference, and since people have different preferences, my likes and dislikes might differ significantly from yours.

If you're truly torn, is it possible to split your vacation between the two resorts?

If not, there is a lot of information on this web site that can help you decide which resort offers the amenities you're seeking. Review the information on accommodation and dining options for each resort, take the photo tours, check out the panoramic views and pictures to get a feel for the layout, look at pictures on the photos mega thread on this MB, and read the MB.

If you still can't decide, at least you'll have acquired a lot more information and can ask specific questions designed to elicit the details you need to make a decision. Good luck.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    what is better steak or lobster a bmw or mercedes
    blonde or brunette...... ginger maryanne
    Steak

Mercedes

Brunette

Ginger

...wait...

We did both and prefer the staff and nostalgia of CTI, not to mention it was where we fell in love with Couples originally.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Steak

Mercedes

Brunette

Ginger

...wait...

We did both and prefer the staff and nostalgia of CTI, not to mention it was where we fell in love with Couples originally.
    Brilliant !!! lol now all you need is a ginger feeding you a peter luger steak in your benz...

We have been to both and can not say which one is better..To us both are better..The two resorts are different and we love the differences at both.
    We might lean more to CSS but truly love CTI.

Hugs

We've been to them both and neither is better than the other. We have our favorite, but it's based on what we like in a vacation, not that one is better.

Here are some quick differences:

CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 3 main buildings (technically 5, but 3 of them are connected) with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate. Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is very spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but full room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.

Check out the pictures, see what each resort offers, and go with your gut. If you still can't decide, do a split. CTI and CSS are only 5 minutes apart.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We were moved to CSS last year due to the renovation..when deciding where to go this year it was CTI hands down..we just love the intimacy and the staff...they are the best..