Default Question about bringing my dress on the plane?

Hi Everyone,

When you brought your dress on the plane did they consider that your carry on luggage? Did they let you hang it in a closet or only lay it in the overhead thing? I haven't tried to call the airline yet? Just wondering what happened with everyone else. Thanks In Advance Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by tazzy817 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

When you brought your dress on the plane did they consider that your carry on luggage? Did they let you hang it in a closet or only lay it in the overhead thing? I haven't tried to call the airline yet? Just wondering what happened with everyone else. Thanks In Advance Lisa
    Since you are taking airline "A" and the 100's of past brides may have taken airline "b-z" it may best suite your need to contact your carrier and get a direct airline A answer.

I had planned on hanging mine up in the plane but at the last minute with the plane being crowded and such I deceided to just put it in the over head. When I got to the room at CN I just hung it up and most of whatever wrinkles were there fell out.

There is an iron in the room or you could opt to have it steamed by the resort but I think there is a fee. Hope this helps.

When we got married this past May at CN, and I too was concerned about where my dress would go on the flight. Suprisingly, there were several other brides on board the flight we were on and the flight attendants made a special baggage bin for "wedding dresses". Just make sure you know which ones yours!

We flew USAir - contacted them directly at our airport and they said, surprisingly!, that my dress was would be my personal item and I could then still have a carry-on.
    I asked the flight attendant if I could use the first class cabin to hang my dress but she suggested I lay it out over our luggage in the overhead bin since the "closet" (it wasn't much of one!) wasn't long enough for the dress to hang fully and really would've wrinkled more. Worked out well, once at the resort I just hung my dress on the shower rod in the bathroom and let the hot water run to steam out the minor wrinkles.