Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone else feel this way?

We are down to the three week mark (from today...) and I am starting to feel the excitement REALLY building. Almost to the single digit dance.

From now until the day we leave, I will be in a constant Couples state of mind. (A CR, I believe) and I will want the days to hurry along until I get there. The flights there are brutal. They seem to take forever.... the lines in customs and immigration are too long -- it doesn't matter how long they really are, they are too long, and then, schlepping my too many suitcases through the MB airport, telling all the "helpful" people that I know where I am going, I catch site of the Couples lounge. Up until this point, I have been a nervous wreck. In a frenzy of trying to get here. Hurry Hurry Hurry. But now.....

Aaaaaaah. I'm there. From that moment on, from the second I set foot in the Couples Lounge at the airport, my vacation has truly begun, and I can relax.

Ever'ting is Irie.

21 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes until then.....

We are down to 11 days!!! It really is all I can think about.

Hey Vee,
    I've been living a CR since we booked! The excitement for our second trip to CSA just continues to grow!
    We have 12 days, 34 minutes and 15...14...13 seconds to go!
    Cheers,
    Terri

24 days, 20 hours, 29 minutes. Hope time flies until then, and then time crawls while we are there!

I guess I am a freak, I make the waiting and the trip there part of it all. The trip itself is so painfully short that I feel I just have to make all the rest part of the excitement. I've been counting the days for nearly a year, the excitement does grow every day but I love that part. The trip down is gruelling if I look at it that way but I try to enjoy it, make it part of the vacation, there are certainly worse things to be doing and at least I am with my husband and finally just a few short hours from our toes touching the sand. We live nearly an hour from the airport so we stay at a hotel the night before and I feel like the vacation starts that night. We go up and have dinner, meander a cute little shopping area, pick up any last minute items if needed. Maybe it's all in the frame of mind. 35 days and counting to CSA and savoring every moment.

CTI- 25 days 4 hours 11 minutes and 36 seconds, nope not thinking about it at all.

47 hours and counting! to Home @ CN.As I said in my earlier thread, Mentally I am already there.

CN-46 Hours 45 minutes. Mentally I am already there.

Oh... don't get me wrong... I LOVE the anticipation. That is definitely part of the fun. (the travel part, not so much, but then, I HATE flying...) But it's not until that moment that I see the Couples lounge that it all begins. I feel ALL the stress start to melt away, and by the time I'm at the resort, I am totally in vaca mode.

This didn't happen on our first trip: I was so nervous about my expectations and would it meet them that the whole ride there I was worried. Even the second trip: How could it possibly meet my expectations? I'm remembering it better than it really was (I wasn't. It was every bit as good.) By the third trip, I knew..... and all it takes is the site of the Couples lounge and it begins. Now we're on #5 and all I can say is....

21 days 4 hours 17 minutes.......

53 days for us. I have not even really thought about it much. Too much other stuff going on.

Only 11 more days to go. We were in Jamaica in January (at a different resort) and I vividly remember the Couples Lounge at the airport and thinking how cool and wishing we were going to that resort. And now we are. Yay!!! for sand, sun and love.

117 days for us Vee. I cannot wait!
    Sharon "gravysgal"

3 days 14hrs

We're packed. Just need to knock out a bit more work. Maybe a Red Stripe or 10 tonight...

That feeling starts as soon as we book, but grows exponentially as time draws closer.

In 4 months we will be back in CSA!!!!

This is why I love the Caribbean & pack lightly!

4 days til CN for us! But I'm an odd one too. When I first book a trip, I'm in total planning/research mode and very excited. Then, the closer it gets, the more unreal it seems. I'm also a bit of a pre-travel stresser so I can't truly relax til I'm there and settled in. I think for this trip the theft of my new camera didn't help matters, but I'm trying to take it all in stride. That first dirty banana will wash away my cares.

What is a CR? Couples Repeater? Tried to figure this acronym out and just cannot figure it out??
    Sharon "gravysgal"

3 days for me, Im so excited that I've got to be carefull not to pee my pants.

Im not going until December 2010 and I cant stop thinking about it I might go crazy...

Hey gravysgal,
    It stands for Couples Rush...;-)
    Cheers,
    Terri

16 days for us and the anticipation is grueling. Every conversation I have with anyone I always close by giving my countdown day. Its so much fun to say, "oh, I can't that meeting, I'll BE IN JAMAICA, MON!

My vacation will start the minute I walk out my front door with my husband leaving 2 adorable little children behind.

No "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" all day. No constant "I want juice" or "I need a snack". No temper tantrums and dirty diapers. No nap time struggles.

Don't get me wrong - I love and will miss my children so much (my heart aches thinking of it). But, we really need this us time. Recharge our spirits a bit - husband and wife time.

I dream of sitting and talking to my husband (while we wait for our 1st of 4 flights to get to Jamaica) without interruption. I dream of reading on the plane. I dream of the bus ride from the airport to CN, catching my first glimpse of Jamaica ... that will all be vacation to me. CN will just be the icing on the cake! 14 days for us ... I can't wait.

Hooray!!! We have reached the single digit mark!!! 9 days....9 days...9 days. Yay for sun, sand and love!

63 days, 7 hours, 38 min. till we get in the car to head to atl and leave for couples the next am!!!

Just got a call from my TA verifying which card to put our final payment on. YAY!!!!!!!!. It is getting closer. With the rain and cold, and chance of snow (oh oh a nasty 4 letter word) here in central Wisconsin, I am really looking forward to the sun and sand in about 8 weeks.
    Linda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast